Current Page Path
Browse results for: Middle Eastern, Near Eastern and North African Studies in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 8 of 8
- Humanities and Social Sciences Index (with Abstracts and Full Text)
Covers 1,500+ periodicals across all humanities and social sciences fields, 1907 - present.
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science)
Index of 1,600 arts and humanities journals that allows searching for articles that cite a known author or work.
Provides full-text access to the archives of core scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- Historical Abstracts with Full Text (EBSCO)
Historical Abstracts covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world ...
- FRANCIS (International Humanities and Social Studies)
Indexes 4,200 European-language journals in the humanities & social sciences (combined with PASCAL index of the sciences).
- ATLA with ATLASerials (EBSCO)
ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials is the full text version of the ATLA Religion Database (ATLA). This database is a collection of ...
- Index Islamicus (Ebsco)
Indexes materials on Islam, the Middle East, and the entire Muslim world from periodicals, monographs, and other collections in ...
- Middle Eastern and Central Asian Studies
An index of research, policy and scholarly discourse on the countries and peoples of the Middle East, Central Asia and North Africa. ...
1 - 94 of 94
- Ancient and Medieval History Online
Covers covers five ancient civilizations-Africa, Egypt, Greece, Rome, and Mesoamerica-from 3 to 5 million years ago to flourishing ...
- Arabic Collections Online
Digital library of public domain Arabic language content
- Arabic Literature of Africa Online
Bio-bibliography for the Arabic manuscript tradition in the African continent
- Associated Press Collections Online
AP late twentieth century office archives from bureaus in Europe and the Middle East
- Bezalel Narkiss Index of Jewish Art
Collection of digitized images and descriptions for objects, artifacts and drawings from antiquity to the modern day
- Biographical Encyclopedia of Islamic Philosophy
Covers major and minor philosophers, theologians and mystics contributing to the various developments within Islamic philosophy
- Brill E-Books
Humanities and International Studies e-books from the publisher Brill, 2007 - present.
- Brill Online Reference Works
Cross-searches many of Brill's online reference works
- British Campaign in Mesopotamia, 1914-1918
Digital archive of British documents pertaining to the British / Indian Army expedition to Iraq during World War I
- Brockelmann in English: The History of the Arabic Written Tradition Online [TRIAL]
English version of the famous bio-bibliography of Arabic works and their authors, with an emphasis on the Classical Period
- Brockelmann Online
Bio-bibliography of Arabic works and their authors, with an emphasis on the Classical Period.
- Cambridge Core
Database providing electronic access to journals and books published by Cambridge University Press.
- Cambridge Histories Online
Contains over 300 full-text volumes, in 15 subject areas, published from 1960-2014. Volumes consist of historical essays & bibliographies.
- Christian-Muslim Relations Online (600-1500)
Part one of the online version of an essential bibliographical history of relations between these two faiths
- Christian-Muslim Relations Online II (1500-1900)
Part two of the online version of an essential bibliographical history of relations between these two faiths
- Classic Arabic Texts Online
Fully searchable editions of al-Balādhūrī's Futūḥ al-buldān and Ibn al-Faqīh's Mukhtaṣar Kitāb al-Buldān
- Confidential Print: Africa, 1834-1966
Digital collection of documents issued by the British Foreign and Colonial Offices.
- Confidential Print: Middle East
Digital collection of documents issued by the British Foreign and Colonial Offices.
- Coptic Gnostic Library Online
Contains all the texts of the Nag Hammadi codices, both in the original Coptic and in translation.
- Cultural Sociology of the Middle East, Asia, and Africa: an Encyclopedia
Concise guide to culture, history and daily life in these three broad regions.
CultureGrams is a leading reference for concise, reliable, and up-to-date cultural information on countries across the globe
- Database of Arabic Literature in Western Research (DAL)
Bibliographic database of Arabic literature in western research
- Database of Ottoman Inscriptions
Searchable database of Turkish, Arabic and Persian architectural inscriptions of Ottoman lands
- Dead Sea Scrolls Electronic Library : Biblical Texts
Online Hebrew transcription and English translation of the Biblical texts from the Dead Sea Scrolls with high resolution images
- Dead Sea Scrolls Electronic Library : Non-Biblical Texts
Online Hebrew transcription and English translation of the non-Biblical texts from the Dead Sea Scrolls with high resolution images
- Dictionary of Qurʾanic Usage
Dictionary of Qur'anic Usage is at comprehensive, fully-researched and contextualised Arabic-English dictionary of Qur'anic usage.
- DigiZeitschriften: das deutsche digitale Zeitschriftenarchiv
Scores of searchable, full-text German scholarly journals, 19th century to present, covering arts, humanities, sciences & social sciences.
Dyabola is a suite of databases produced by the German Archaeological Institute (Deutsches Archäologisches Institut) (DAI). Chief among ...
- Early Western Korans Online
Exemplars of Qur'ans and Qur'an translations in Arabic, Latin, German, French, English, Dutch, and Hebrew printed between 1537 and 1857
- Egypt 2008 Web Archive
37 Egyptian political and social movement websites in Arabic and English harvested between April 12 to May 31, 2008
- Encyclopædia Iranica
Online version of the comprehensive research tool dedicated to the study of Iranian civilization.
- Encyclopaedia Islamica Online
Comprehensive reference work on Islam and the Muslim world.
- Encyclopaedia of Islam
Platform for cross-searching titles related to the Encyclopaedia of Islam
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, First Edition (1913-1936)
An encyclopedic work on Islam
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, Second Edition
The electronic version of the Encyclopaedia of Islam, volumes I - XII.
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, Three
New edition, in progress, covers Islam in the twentieth century, Muslim minorities worldwide, social sciences, humanisties.
- Encyclopaedia of the Qur’ān Online
Encyclopaedic dictionary of qur'ānic terms, concepts, personalities, place names, cultural history and exegesis.
- Encyclopedia of Ancient History
Online version of the comprehensive collection of entries covering the entire ancient Mediterranean world, including the Near East and Egypt
- Encyclopedia of Arabic Language and Linguistics
Comprehensively covers all aspects of Arabic languages and linguistics.
- Encyclopedia of Hebrew Language and Linguistics
A systematic and comprehensive treatment of the history and study of the Hebrew language from its earliest attested form to the present
- Encyclopedia of Jews in the Islamic World
Covers Jews of Muslim lands particularly in the late medieval, early modern and modern periods.
- Encyclopedia of Women & Islamic Cultures Online
Covers research on gender studies and the Islamic world.
- Flavius Josephus Online
Online version of the new English translation and literary-historical commentary for the works of Josephus
- Foreign Office Files for the Middle East 1971-1981
Digital collection of documents from the British Foreign Office for the history of the Middle East during the 1970s
- French Mandate in The Lebanon, Christian-Muslim Relations, and the U.S. Consulate at Beirut, 1919-1935
Digital archive of communications from and to the American consular post in Beirut during the period of the French Mandate in Syria-Lebanon
- Gazetteer of the Persian Gulf, Oman and Central Arabia Online
Fully searchable online version of this important historical, political, and geographical resource for the study of the Gulf
- De Gruyter Online Books
Electronically published books from Walter de Gruyter; Columbia, Harvard & Princeton University Presses; and other publishers.
- Historians of the Ottoman Empire
Online bio-bibliographical reference on Ottoman historians
- Historical Atlas of Islam
Online version of the 2nd expanded edition of this valuable atlas, a companion to the Encyclopaedia of Islam. Edited by Hugh Kennedy.
- History of Afghanistan
Online version of the English edition of Sirāj al-tavārīkh or The History of Afghanistan
- IASJ (Iraqi Academic Scientific Journals) database
Full text open source scholarly journals published by the Iraqi universities and research institutions
- Indo-European Etymological Dictionaries Online
Cross-searchable collection of 11 Includes 11 dictionaries containing 20.000 entries in 150 languages.
- International Medieval Bibliography (IMB)
Index to articles, chapters, Festschriften, conference proceedings, and essays on all aspects of medieval studies
- Iran Data Portal
English and Persian language resource for social science data on Iran
- Iraq: Records of the U.S. Department of State, 1888-1944
Digital archive of U.S. government documents pertaining to Iraq from Ottoman rule through British colonial occupation and independence
- Islamic Medical & Scientific Ethics
Citations, some with abstracts or tables of contents, to literature on on Islamic medical and scientific ethics. Database covers ...
- Islamic Painted Page
Database of references for Persian, Ottoman, Arab, and Mughal painted decoration.
- Istanbul Urban Layers
Interactive mapping platform for researching the collective memory of Istanbul
- Jerusalem Post, 1932-2008
Digitized version of the Jerusalem Post, 1932-2008.
- KeiBi Online (Keilschriftbibliographie - Cuneiform Bibliography)
Bibliography of Ancient Near Eastern studies originally appearing in Orientalia N.S. Bd. 9; Band 1 (1939 - 1940) -- current (Band 68 (2009))
- The Leon Levy Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Library
Free online digitized virtual library of the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Libya: Records of the U.S. Department of State, 1796-1885
Digital archive of U.S. documents pertaining to the American consulate in Tripoli
- Manar al-Athar
Free images of archaeological sites, buildings and art for the study of the Middle East
- McGill Library's Islamic Lithographs digital Collection
Digitized versions of lithographed books held by the Islamic Studies Library, McGill University
- Middle East Online: Series 1: Arab Israeli Relations, 1917-1970
Includes original source material from the Foreign Office, Colonial Office, War Office and Cabinet Papers from the 1917 Balfour ...
- Middle East Online: Series 2: Iraq, 1914-1974
Offers a broad range of original source material from the Foreign Office, Colonial Office, War Office and Cabinet Papers covering the ...
- Middle East Virtual Library MENALIB
Information portal for Middle Eastern, North African, and Islamic Studies
- Middle Eastern Manuscripts Online 1: Pioneer Orientalists
Collection of 303 digital Arabic manuscript volumes from Leiden University Library
- Middle Eastern Manuscripts Online 2: The Ottoman Legacy of Levinus Warner
Collection of 140 volumes of Arabic, Persian, and Turskish manuscripts totaling 45,809 pages from the Leiden University Library.
- Middle Eastern Manuscripts Online 3 : Arabic Manuscripts from the Hungarian Academy
Digital copies of a selection of Arabic manuscripts from the Library of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Budapest
- Nashriyah: digital Iranian history
Digital versions of Iranian newspapers and periodicals held by the University of Manchester
- Nubian Letters
Nubian Letters is an independent biannual bulletin for Nubian history and archaeology (International Society for Nubian Studies)
- Online Bibliography of Ottoman-Turkish Literature
Free and extensive database of references to theses, books, articles, papers and projects relating to research into Ottoman-Turkish culture.
- Online Egyptological Bibliography (OEB)
OEB includes the volumes of the previous Annual Egyptological Bibliography (AEB) combined with the Bibliographie Altägypten (BA), ...
- Oxford Islamic Studies Online
Brings together current scholarship in the field and promotes accurate and informed understanding of the Islamic world.
- PAIS Index
Contains references to nearly 2 million journal articles and other resources on public affairs and public policy worldwide.
- Patrologia Orientalis Database
Corpus of patristic texts from the Christian East published in the Patrologia Orientalis series available online
- Periodicals Index Online
Indexes over 7,000 arts, humanities & social science journals, from their first issues through 2000.
- ProQuest Research Library
Indexes over 5,000 journals and magazines, academic and popular, with full text included for over 3,600.
- Prosopography of the Byzantine World (PBW)
Database for prosopographical reading of Byzantine sources, 1025-1150
- Public Affairs Index
Public Affairs Index is a bibliographic database covering all aspects of national and global contemporary public policy issues.
- Qurʾān Concordance Online Compiled by: Thomas Milo
The Qurʾān Concordance is a unique finding aid which allows users to identify and localize text fragments, or even snippets, of the Qurʾān.
- Records of the Hajj
Online version of the documentary history of the pilgrimage to Mecca
- Records of the Kurds
Online version of this collection of British documentary sources on the history of the Kurds
- Russian Academy of Sciences Bibliographies
Indexes 12,500 peridiocals plus books, dissertations, etc. in the humanities and social sciences published in Russia & East Europe.
- Shamaa Database (Arab Educational Information Network)
Bibliographic database covering scholarly education literature published in the Arab world
- Sociological Abstracts
Provides access to the international literature in sociology and related disciplines. Covers 1800+ journals, back to 1952.
- Sociology of Islam
Sociology of Islam explores modern social, political and economic transformations in Muslim Societies. Volume 1 (2013)-.
- Soteriou Papermaking Archive
Database of images documenting Indo–Islamic hand papermaking traditions
- Textual History of the Bible Online
Online version of this important resource for the textual study of the Bible
- Turkologischer Anzeiger = Turkology annual
Bibliography for Turkology and Ottoman Studies
- U.S. Intelligence on the Middle East, 1945-2009
U.S. Intelligence on the Middle East, 1945-2009 covers U.S. intelligence community’s spying and analytic efforts in the Middle East
- Very Short Introductions Online
Short ebooks that provide introductions to hundreds of subjects.