Current Page Path
Browse results for: Historical News Sources in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 8 of 8
- America's Historical Newspapers
America's Historical Newspapers provides searchable digital facsimiles of thousands of titles from all 50 states. The collection ...
- Gale NewsVault
Provides cross-searching of 17 different historical newspaper and periodical archive collections.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
Custom ProQuest cross-search of full-text backfiles of 30 U.S. and 32 international English-language newspapers.
- Black Historical Newspapers
Custom ProQuest cross-search of 9 major African American community newspapers published 1893 - 2005.
- Google News Archive
Searches content from a number of news sources, from Google's News Archive Partner Program and other online archives.
- Readers Guide Retrospective
Indexes older articles from 240 periodicals published in the U.S. & Canada, 1890-1982.
- World Newspaper Archive
Provides full text searchable access to historical newspapers published in Africa, East Europe, Latin American and South Asia.
- World News Digest
Summarizes key news information every week from 100+ major newspapers, news magazines, government & online sources.
1 - 109 of 109
- 17th-18th Century Burney Collection Newspapers
The largest single collection of seventeenth- and eighteenth-century English news media available from the British Library
- 19th Century U.S. Newspapers
Contains digital facsimile images of both full pages and clipped articles for hundreds of 19th century U.S. newspapers. For each issue, ...
- Accessible Archives
Provides full text, searchable access to important American magazines and newspapers from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
Access to images from over 7,000 advertisements printed in US and Canadian papers and magazines from 1911-1955. Produced by the Duke ...
- African American Newspapers
Includes searchable full text of a number of African-American newspapers published from 1827 to 1902 from Accessible Archives
- African American Periodicals, 1825-1995
Over 170 periodicals from 26 states by and about African Americans.
- Alternative Press Index Archive
Comprehensive guide to alternative sources of information published from 1969-1990. Indexes alternative, radical and left periodicals, ...
- American Indian Newspapers
Indigenous journalism from communities in the United States and Canada, 1828 to 2016.
- American Jewess
A digital reproduction of the 8 volumes of "The American Jewess".
- American Jewish Newspapers
Searchable access to the complete backfiles of four major American Jewish newspapers, digitized from microfilm.
- American Periodicals (APS)
Searchable, full text of selected American periodicals of all kinds published between 1740 and 1900.
- Los Angeles Sentinel (1934-2005)
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Los Angeles Sentinel (1934-2005).
- Los Angeles Times, 1881-1995
Searchable access to the backfile of the Los Angeles Times in full page images digitized from microfilm.
- Archive of Americana
Combined access to six databases containing full text of historical American books, newspapers & periodicals.
- Associated Press Collections Online
AP late twentieth century office archives from bureaus in Europe and the Middle East
- Associated Press Images Collection
Online access to over 12 million photos with detailed captions from the AP news wire, plus audio clips & graphics.
- Atlanta Constitution 1868-1984
Digital, searchable version of the Atlanta Constitution 1868-1984
- Atlanta Daily World (1931-2003)
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Atlanta Daily World (1931-2003).
- Baltimore African-American, 1893-1988
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile from 1893-1988. Includes original page images digitized from microfilm.
- Baltimore Sun, 1837-1992
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of the Baltimore Sun (1837-1992).
- Boston Globe, 1872-1982
Searchable access to the backfile of the Boston Globe in full page images, digitized from microfilm.
- British Library Newspapers
Provides full-text, searchable access to more than 160 newspapers reflecting 18th- through 20th-century British culture and politics.
- British Newspapers 1600-1950
Cross searches the 17th-18th Century Burney Collection and the British Library Newspapers Series (1732-1950)
- C19: The Nineteenth Century Index
C19 is a bibliography for 19th-century research
- Caribbean Newspapers. Series I, 1718-1876
Digitized collection of 18th and 19th century newspapers published in the Caribbean.
- Chicago Defender, 1909-1975
Searchable access to the backfile of The Chicago Defender, a leading African-American newspaper, available in full page images ...
- Chicago Tribune, 1849-1990
Searchable access to the backfile of the Chicago Tribune, in full page images digitized from microfilm.
- Chinese Newspapers Collection, 1832-1953
Searchable access to the backfiles of 12 English language newspapers published in China, 1832-1953.
- Chinese Newspapers of Modern China - The Tabloids (1897~1949) 中国近代中文报纸全文数据库 - 小报库（1897~1949）
- Chinese Periodical Full-text Database (1911-1949) 民国时期期刊全文数据库
- Chronicling America
Digitized historic American newspapers published from 1836-1922.
- The Cincinnati Enquirer, 1841-2009
Searchable access to the backfile of The Cincinnati Enquirer in full page images, digitized from microfilm.
- Compact Memory
Portal of Jewish newspapers and journals of the German speaking area for the years 1768-1938
- Confederate Newspapers: A Collection from Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia and Alabama
Collection of Confederate Newspapers published from 1861 to 1865.
- Daily Mail Historical Archive (1896-2004)
Complete Daily Mail archive from 1896-2004.
- Detroit Free Press Index
Searchable index of most issues of the Detroit Free Press from June 5, 1837 to the present.
- Detroit Free Press, 1831-1999
Searchable access to the backfile of the Detroit Free Press, in full page images digitized from microfilm.
- The Detroit Jewish News Archive
Established in 1942 by noted journalist Philip Slomovitz, the independent Detroit Jewish News is one of America’s leading Anglo—Jewish …
- Detroit News Archive (Access World News)
A complete archive of all issues of the Detroit News, from the first issue in 1873 to the present.
- Digital Scholar Lab
Facilitates the application of text mining and visualization tools on data sets created from the library's Gale Primary Sources
- Early American Newspapers (America's Historical Newspapers)
America's Historical Newspapers allows users to search more than 1,000 U.S. historical newspapers published between 1690 and 1922, ...
- Economist Historical Archive 1843-2014
A complete searchable archive of every issue of The Economist from 1843 to four years ago, with full-color images.
- Egyptian Press Archive of CEDEJ
Documentary collection of more than 800,000 articles from the principal elements of the Egyptian press
- Entertainment Industry Magazine Archive
Complete runs of digitized major trade and consumer magazines, from their inception to 2000, including Variety, Billboard, and others.
- Ethnic NewsWatch
A full text database of 200 publications of the ethnic, minority and native press. Searchable in both English and Spanish, with titles ...
- FBIS: Foreign Broadcast Information Service Daily Reports
Provides CIA translations of newswires and broadcast services from around the world in full-text from 1941-1996.
- The Globe and Mail, 1844-2010
Searchable backfile of The Globe and Mail, a Canadian national newspaper. Comprised of full page images digitized from microfilm.
- Guardian and Observer, 1791-2003
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfiles of The Guardian, 1821-2003 (published in Manchester, England) and The Observer, ...
- Harper's Weekly
This collection contains the original page images of the 1865 volume of American magazine Harper's Weekly.
- Harper's Weekly (Texts)
This collection contains the full-text of the 1865 volume of American magazine Harper's Weekly.
- Hemeroteca Digital
Consists of 143 titles which comprise 500.000 pages representing a wide variety of Spanish press of all types: political, satirical, ...
- Hispanic American Newspapers
Hispanic American Newspapers, 1808-1980 represents the single largest compilation of Spanish-language newspapers printed in the U.S. ...
- Illustrated London News
A full facsimile run of the illustrated newspaper, 1842-2003. Includes over 260,000 pages, including specials and presentation pieces.
- The Independent Digital Archive, 1986-2016
Online archive of the Independent newspaper from its 1986 to 2016.
- The International Herald Tribune: Historical Archive 1887-2013
Complete archive of the International Herald Tribune
- Irish Times, 1859-2012
Digitized versions of The Irish Times (1859-2012) and the Weekly Irish Times (1876-1958).
- Japanese-American Relocation Camp Newspapers: Perspectives on Day-to-Day Life
Digital archive of articles published by interned Japanese-Americans between 1942 and 1945.
- Jerusalem Post, 1932-2008
Digitized version of the Jerusalem Post, 1932-2008.
- Korea Times, 1956-2016
Provides full-text searchable access to The Korea Times for the years 1956-2016.
- Late Qing and Republican-Era Chinese Newspapers: 1911 - 1949
The press of more than twenty cities spanning the Chinese mainland.
- Liberty Magazine Historical Archive, 1924-1950
Digital edition of Liberty Magazine, 1924-1950
Digital version of The Lily, the first newspaper for women, published from 1849 to 1856.
- The Listener Historical Archive, 1929-1991
A weekly publication, established by the BBC in 1929 as the medium for reproducing radio (and later, television) programmes in print.
- The March of Time
Docudramas and newsreel-like films of news events from the mid-20th century.
- Mass Media in Russia Online 1908-1918
Digital collection of kopeck (penny) newspapers published in the Russian capitals in the early part of the 20th century
- The Michigan Citizen Digital Archives
The Michigan Citizen newspaper, originally called the Citizen, was founded in Benton Harbor, Michigan in 1978 by Charles and Teresa Maxwell…
- The Michigan Daily Digital Archives
The Michigan Daily was founded in 1890 as a student-run organization, both financially and editorially independent from the University of M…
- Michigan Historical Newspapers
Digital newspapers published in Ann Arbor, Detroit, Flint, Grand Rapids, Jackson, Ontonagon and St. James, 1845-1995
- New York Amsterdam News (1922-1993)
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of New York Amsterdam News (1922-1993).
- New York Times Complete (1851-present)
Includes all NYT articles from regular & International editions, Book Review, Magazine, web-only articles, videos, etc.
- New York Times, 1851-2016
Searchable access to the backfile of the New York Times (Late Eastern Edition), in full page images digitized from microfilm.
- Newspaper Archive: Academic Library Edition
A database of mainly English-language historical newspapers with scattered coverage from 1607-present.
- Newspapers and Journals from the Khayrallah Center for Lebanese Diaspora Studies Archive
Digitized newspapers from the Lebanese diaspora in the Americas
- Norfolk Journal and Guide, 1916-2003
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of the Norfolk Journal and Guide (1916-2003).
- North China Herald Online
Digitized English-language Shanghai newspaper, 1850-1940.
- Palmer's Index to The Times (1790-1905) (DLPS version)
Brief citations to articles that appeared in The Times (London) (1790-1905).
- Philadelphia Inquirer, 1860-2001
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of the Philadelphia Inquirer (1860-2001).
- Philadelphia Tribune, 1912-2001
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of the Philadelphia Tribune (1912-2001).
- Picture Post Historical Archive
The complete archive of the Picture Post from its first issue in 1938 to its last in 1957 - all digitized from originals in full ...
- Pittsburgh Courier (1911-2002)
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Pittsburgh Courier (1911-2002).
- Pittsburgh Jewish Newspaper Project
The Pittsburgh Jewish Newspaper Project is composed of The Jewish Criterion (1895-1962), The American Jewish Outlook (1934-1962), and ...
- Pravda Digital Archive
Searchable access to the backfile of Pravda, available in full page images digitized from microfilm.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: U.S. Midwest Collection
Full-text access to the backfiles of several regional newspapers in Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Indiana.
- Public Ledger (Philadelphia), 1836-1876
Searchable online edition of the Public Ledger from Philadelphia (1836-1876)
- Punch Historical Archive, 1841-1992
Online archive of the British periodical Punch
- San Francisco Chronicle, 1865-1922
Searchable access to the backfile of The San Francisco Chronicle in full page images, digitized from microfilm.
- Scotsman, 1817-1950
Digitized version of the Scotsman (Great Britain) newspaper, 1817-1950
- Service Newspapers of World War Two
Over 200 titles from key nations across the globe for soldiers that took part in the world-changing conflict.
- Shen bao quan wen shu ju ku
- South China Morning Post (1903-1996)
Complete, searchable backfile of the major English-language newspaper of Hong Kong (excluding the last 10 years).
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 1874-1922
Searchable access to the backfile of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch in full page images, digitized from microfilm.
- The Telegraph Historical Archive, 1855-2000
Online archive of the Telegraph newspaper, including the Sunday edition from its launch in 1961.
- Times Digital Archive
Online backfile of The Times newspaper of London, England, covering 1785 to 2006.
- Times of India, 1861-2006
Searchable access to the backfile of The Times of India, in full page images digitized from microfilm.
- Toronto Star, 1894-2012
Searchable access to the backfile of the Toronto Star in full page images, digitized from microfilm.
- Translations of the Peking Gazette Online
- Understanding Hate in America: White Nationalism and the Press in the 1920s
Provides full-text access to local, regional, and national newspapers published by and sympathetic to the Ku Klux Klan.
- University of Michigan Undergraduate Research Journal
UMURJ is a student-run research journal showcasing student research conducted on campus. We accept submissions in a variety of fields inclu…
- Vanderbilt University Television News Archive
The collection includes nightly news programs broadcast by the national television networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC) since August 5, 1968, ...
- Vogue Archive
Online access to Vogue magazine (US edition) from 1892 to three months ago, in high-resolution color page images.
- Wall Street Journal Complete (1889-present)
Includes all WSJ articles from regular & international editions (Asia, Europe, Americas), WSJ Pro, web-only articles, etc.
- Wall Street Journal, 1889-2002
Searchable access to the backfile of the Wall Street Journal, in full page images digitized from microfilm.
- Washington Post Complete (1877-present)
Includes all Washington Post articles from the print and online editions, including web-only articles, blogs, videos, etc.
- Washington Post, 1877-2003
Searchable access to the complete backfile of the Washington Post, available in full page images digitized from microfilm.
- Waterloo Directory of English Periodicals and Newspapers, 1800-1900
Provides detailed information about 19th-Century English periodicals and newspapers
- The Women's Wear Daily Archive
Searchable archive of Women's Wear Daily from first issue in 1910 to within past year: every page, article, advertisement and cover
- World Newsreels Online, 1929-1966
Newsreels of significant historical events in streaming format.
- Zhong yang ri bao 中央日报 (Central Daily News), 1949-1985