Current Page Path
Browse results for: Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender Studies in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 5 of 5
A full text database of 140 international publications devoted to women's and gender issues.
- Left Index
Covers 120+ journals and blogs with a leftist viewpoint concerning a variety of political and social issues.
- LGBT Life with Full Text
Indexes the popular and scholarly literature addressing issues related to the Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender community
- Sociological Abstracts
Provides access to the international literature in sociology and related disciplines. Covers 1800+ journals, back to 1952.
- Women and Social Movements in the United States: 1600-2000
Primary documents, introductory essays, and a definitive bibliography on the involvement of women in social movements.
1 - 23 of 23
- Alt-Press Watch
Full text of over 200 alternative and independent-press newspapers, magazines and journals.
- Archives of Sexuality and Gender: LGBTQ History and Culture Since 1940
- Chicano Database
Articles on a wide-range of topics in the social sciences & humanities relating to the Chicano and Latino U.S. experience
- Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History in America
A three-volume survey of more than 400 years of lesbian and gay history and culture in the United States.
- ERIC [ProQuest]
U.S. Dept. of Education database providing extensive access to educational-related literature.
- Gender Studies Database (EBSCO)
Gender Studies Database covers the full spectrum of gender-engaged scholarship inside and outside academia.
- Handbook of Lesbian and Gay Studies
Provides an overview of lesbian and gay studies, including history and theory, identity and community, institutions, and politics.
- Humanities Abstracts (with Full Text)
Covers 700 periodicals in art, film, journalism, linguistics, music, performing arts, philosophy, religion, history, literature, etc.
- International Index to Black Periodicals Full Text
Black Studies Center journals module: index to currently published scholarly and popular periodicals in Black studies
- LexisNexis Academic
Full-text access to over 5,900 sources of news, business, legal, and reference information worldwide.
- LGBT Studies in Video
Documentaries, interviews, archival footage and some feature films exploring LGBT history and culture, civil rights and political movements
- MLA Directory of Periodicals
Contains information on the journals and series that are covered in the Modern Language Association International Bibliography database.
- MLA International Bibliography
Indexes books and articles published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and film.
- Phyllis Lyon, Del Martin and the Daughters of Bilitis
Provides extensive information on the founding and growth of the homophile movement of the 1950s-80s
- Politics, Social Activism, and Community Support: Selected Gay & Lesbian Periodicals and Newsletters
Collection of more than 200 newsletters and periodicals issued by gay and lesbian activist organizations between 1947-2004.
Premier resource for surveying the literature of psychology and adjunct fields. Covers 1887-present. Produced by the APA.
- Queer Interactive Fiction Web Archive (pilot)
A collection of websites containing queer interactive fiction and the conversation around its creation and readership.
- SAGE Handbook of Human Rights
This handbook examines human rights from perspectives including law, philosophy, and its mainstreaming in popular culture.
International multi-disciplinary indexing & abstracting database for scientific, medical, technical, and social sciences.
- Social Sciences Abstracts (with Full Text)
Covers 625 of the most important English-language journals across all the social sciences.
- Universal Database of Russian Newspapers
Provides full text of over 40 of the major newspapers or serials published in Russia, the Soviet Union, or its successor states.
- University of Michigan Library Web Archiving Collections
Pilot program to preserve websites in three collection areas
- Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Gender and Sexuality Studies
Covers gender, feminist, queer, masculinity, and sexuality studies; and acknowledges the growing interdisciplinary impact of these fields.