Current Page Path
Browse results for: African American Studies in Databases
1 - 59 of 59
- Academic Video Online
Offers nearly 70,000 streamed videos in a wide range of subject areas. Includes documentaries, feature films, news programs, and more.
- Accessible Archives
Provides full text, searchable access to important American magazines and newspapers from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- African American Almanac
Provides historical and current information on African American history, society, and culture in 28 topical chapters.
- African American Biographical Database
The Largest Electronic Collection of Biographical Information on African Americans - 1790-1950.
- African American Communities
Focuses predominantly on Atlanta, Chicago, St Louis, Brooklyn, and towns and cities in North Carolina.
- African American Newspapers
Includes searchable full text of a number of African-American newspapers published from 1827 to 1902 from Accessible Archives
- African American Newspapers, 1827-1998
African American Newspapers, 1827-1998 provides online access to approximately 270 U.S. newspapers from 35 states.
- African American Periodicals, 1825-1995
Over 170 periodicals from 26 states by and about African Americans.
- African American Poetry (Chadwyck-Healey version)
African American Poetry contains nearly 3,000 poems by African American poets of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- African American Years: Chronologies of American History and Experience
This chronology presents the history of African Americans from pre-colonial times to the present..
- Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922
Online collection of texts related to African American history from the Library Company of Philadelphia.
- Alexander Street Press
Combined search platform for ASP audio and video collections
- America's Historical Newspapers
America's Historical Newspapers provides searchable digital facsimiles of thousands of titles from all 50 states. The collection ...
- American Drama 1714-1915
Containing more than 1,500 dramatic works from the colonial period to the beginning of the twentieth century, American Drama 1714–1915 i ...
- Los Angeles Sentinel (1934-2005)
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Los Angeles Sentinel (1934-2005).
- Atlanta Constitution 1868-1984
Digital, searchable version of the Atlanta Constitution 1868-1984
- Atlanta Daily World (1931-2003)
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Atlanta Daily World (1931-2003).
- Baltimore African-American, 1893-1988
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile from 1893-1988. Includes original page images digitized from microfilm.
- Black Abolitionist Papers
Primary sources documenting the extensive work of African Americans to abolish slavery in the U.S. before the Civil War.
- Black Drama
Contains full text of 1,200 English plays ca. 1850-present by more than 100 playwrights from North America, Africa, and the Caribbean.
- Black Drama: Second Edition
Contains 1,460 full text English plays ca. 1850-present by more than 250 playwrights from North America, Africa, and the Caribbean.
- Black Economic Empowerment: The National Negro Business League
Reproduction of the originals from the Library of Congress.
- Black Historical Newspapers
Custom ProQuest cross-search of 9 major African American community newspapers published 1893 - 2005.
- Black Liberation Army and the Program of Armed Struggle, 1970-1980
Reproduction of the originals from the Federal Bureau of Investigation Library.
- Black Short Fiction and Folklore from Africa and the African Diaspora
Approximately 11,700 works of short fiction produced by writers from Africa and the African Diaspora from the earliest times to the present.
- Black Studies Center
Black Studies Center is a fully cross-searchable gateway to historical and current material for researching the past, present and ...
- Black Studies in Video
Documentaries, newsreels, interviews and archival footage covering history, politics,sociology, art and culture.
- Black Thought and Culture
A collection of approximately 100,000 pages of non-fiction writings by major American black leaders.
- Chadwyck-Healey Literature Collections
Portal to the following full-text American and English literature databases: * AFRICAN AMERICAN POETRY * AMERICAN POETRY * AMERICAN ...
- Chicago Defender, 1909-1975
Searchable access to the backfile of The Chicago Defender, a leading African-American newspaper, available in full page images ...
- Civil Rights and the Black Freedom Struggle
Digitized records of organizations including the NAACP, SCLC, SNCC, & CORE, along with FBI surveillance files on MLK, Jr. & from COINTELPRO.
- Database of 20th Century African American Poetry
Modern and contemporary African American poetry includes collected poems and individual volumes.
- Database of African-American Poetry
This database contains the full-text of 54 African-American poets writing in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- Digital Scholar Lab
Facilitates the application of text mining and visualization tools on data sets created from the library's Gale Primary Sources
- Encyclopedia of African American Culture and History
The Encyclopedia is a 5-volume set and a supplement covering all aspects of the African-American experience from 1619 to the present ...
- Encyclopedia of African American Education
Articles on the education of African Americans from preschool through professional school, from historical and modern perspectives.
- Encyclopedia of African American Music
Showcases all facets of African American music including folk, religious, concert and popular styles.
- Encyclopedia of African American Society
This two-volume reference work details the ways in which the tenets and foundations of African American culture have given rise to ...
- Encyclopedia of Black Studies
The Encyclopedia of Black Studies has brought together the work of nearly 200 scholars with the objective of securing a baseline for ...
- FBI Surveillance of James Forman and SNCC
Reproduction of the originals from the Special Collections and Archives, Benjamin S. Rosenthal Library, Queens College.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
Provides online access to over 1,500 reference works from Gale, Macmillan, and other publishers.
- International Index to Black Periodicals Full Text
Black Studies Center journals module: index to currently published scholarly and popular periodicals in Black studies
- MyHeritage Library Editiion
Resources for historical & genealogical research including over 9 billion historical records from all over the world.
- Norfolk Journal and Guide, 1916-2003
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of the Norfolk Journal and Guide (1916-2003).
- Oxford African American Studies Center
Combines more than 7,500 articles by scholars drawn from reference works. Includes the complete text of Africana: The Encyclopedia of ...
- Philadelphia Tribune, 1912-2001
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of the Philadelphia Tribune (1912-2001).
- Pittsburgh Courier (1911-2002)
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Pittsburgh Courier (1911-2002).
Combined access to all ProQuest databases, covering many different fields and full text articles.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
Custom ProQuest cross-search of full-text backfiles of 30 U.S. and 32 international English-language newspapers.
- ProQuest History Vault
Primary sources for 19th and 20th century U.S. history
- The quest for labor equality in household work: National Domestic Workers Union, 1965-1979.
Reproduction of the originals from the Special Collections and Archives, Georgia State University Library.
- Race Relations Abstracts (EBSCO)
Race Relations Abstracts includes bibliographic records covering essential areas related to race relations, including ethnic studies, ...
- Ralph J. Bunche Oral Histories Collection on the Civil Rights Movement
Transcriptions of interviews with those who made history in the struggles against discrimination
- Republic of New Afrika
Digital archive of FBI records on the Black nationalist group, the Republic of New Afrika (RNA).
- SAGE Knowledge
A searchable collection of e-books, reference books and documentary videos in the social sciences.
- Slavery and Anti-Slavery
Includes newpapers, books and manuscripts from US and European archives on slavery.
- Southern Life and Slavery
Includes digitized plantation records, 1775-1915, and petitions on race & slavery submitted to county courts and state legislatures, to 1867
- Twentieth-Century African American Poetry (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Twentieth-Century African American Poetry is a collection of poetry written by the most important and influential African American poets.
- World Newspaper Archive
Provides full text searchable access to historical newspapers published in Africa, East Europe, Latin American and South Asia.