Yes, you read that correctly. The Taubman Health Sciences Library building closed last night at 11:45PM and will not re-open until 2015.
This is part of the planned renovation of our building.
But I need help with_____!!!!!
We can still help you. The entire staff of the library (THL) has moved out of the building, but we're still on the medical campus.
- If you need help with research, expert searching, systematic reviews, or instruction, contact one of our informationists (aka liaison librarians or subject specialists).
- If you have problems with access to library resources or need to set up visiting scholar or proxy access, contact the library at 764-1210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What isn't Taubman Library (THL) doing during this renovation period?
- No interlibrary loan, 7FAST, or GetThis pickups -- these can be delivered to other locations on the medical campus.
- No public space for study or computer usage -- please visit other libraries on campus.
What about Course Reserves?
- Instructors from the Medical School, College of Pharmacy, and Schools of Nursing, Dentistry, and Public Health can request Reserves items with this form.
- Students from these programs will find their Reserves materials at the Shapiro Library, room 2002. This is a temporary location for the renovation period only.
Is the Library really moving back in 2015?
Yes, we are. We will have a beautiful renovated space on the main floor of the building. And we are so excited, especially since we've spent the last 3 weeks moving stuff out. (I swear if I have to pack one more box, I will just pack me and be done with it.)
But I have stuff to return -- like interlibrary loans and books ... and videos!!!!!
We know. For now, you'll have to use one of the drop boxes on north and main campuses. A list of locations is available here.
We look forward to working with you in 2014.