Spouse and Significant Other Borrowing Form

University of Michigan faculty or staff may request a library card for his or her spouse or significant other. The employee must have a faculty level position or a regular staff appointment at a 50% level or greater.

  • Borrowing privileges will be good for one year, renewal annually, or for the duration of the faculty/staff appointment, if less than one year.
  • The individual spouse or significant other will be responsible for any circulation activity occurring on the card including payment, at prices determined by the University Library, for all books or other library material that may be lost while charged to this card.
  • Unless a title has more limited circulation, loan periods will be three weeks. There is no limit to the number of books that may be charged, although the number of renewals permitted may vary among University Libraries.

Questions? Contact Hatcher Graduate Library Circulation via email, phone, or in person.

Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library
1st Floor, North Lobby, Room 104
Phone: (734) 764-0401
E-mail: glcirc@umich.edu

I would like to request that borrowing privileges with the University Library be extended to my spouse or significant other.

Requesting Faculty/Staff Member
All Fields Required
Spouse or Significant Other
Page maintained by Denise Marie Foley
Last modified: 11/23/2015