Current Page Path
913 S. University Avenue
- developing, interpreting, and promoting the collection;
- helping students, faculty, researchers, and others make effective use of it; and
- identifying and setting priorities for cataloging, processing, conservation, and digitization of collection material.
I'm responsible for selecting and acquiring material in all formats, working with dealers, donors, and others in identifying and acquiring collection material; managing collection budgets and funds; developing and documenting policies and procedures; and planning and implementing collection-related projects.
I also answer reference questions and help researchers find materials (including books, manuscripts, personal papers, archival collections, and ephemera) on food and foodways, cooking and dining, gastronomy, domestic life and the management of the household, entertaining, etiquette, and related topics within & beyond the UM libraries. I create subject guides and other aids to navigating the culinary holdings, create exhibits, and give presentations on the social history to be found in culinary materials.
- UM Sustainable Food Systems Group
- UM Sustainable Food Program
- Longone Culinary Archive Research Guides
- The Culinary Curator
- Boston U Gastronomy Research Guide
- U of Adelaide Food Studies Guide
- The Food Timeline
- Association for the Study of Food and Society
- Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery
- Handling Rare Materials, from the Folger Shakespeare Library