Current Page Path
200 Hill St.
Archivist/Librarian/Curator in the Special Collections Library, 1994 - present
Prior to coming to the University of Michigan, I worked in the libraries at the University of California, Irvine, and at Michigan State University, preceded by a stint teaching Art History courses at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI).
MLIS, University of Michigan's School of Information with a concentration in Archives and Records Management and cataloging/description/metadata (1993)
Michigan State University, coursework towards MA in Art History (with an emphasis on 17th Century Dutch painting) (1977-1979)
BA, Central Michigan University, Liberal Arts, with a major in Studio Art (Painting) and a minor in Spanish Language and Literature (1975)
- Supervise the accessioning of newly-acquired collections of papers, manuscripts, records, photographs, audiovisual material, and other non-book material in all subject areas
- Supervise the processing and description of collections of papers, manuscripts, records, photographs, audiovisual material (non-commercial), and other non-book material in all subject areas
- Catalog archival, manuscript, and non-book material in all subject areas
- Mentor UM-School of Information and Wayne State University students in internships, practicums and field experiences
- Select books, serials, archival material, photographs, posters and prints related to the history of transportation
- Answer reference queries regarding materials or subjects held in the Transportation History Collection and various archival collections