Current Page Path
Judith Ellen Smith
Judy Smith serves as an Informationist at the Taubman Health Sciences Library. One of Judy's primary roles is to integrate information services and resources into the North Campus Research Complex (NCRC). Her key liaison areas at the NCRC include: the Institute for Healthcare Policy and Innovation (IHPI), Technology Transfer, the Business Engagement Center, Business Development, and NCRC administration. An additional core liaison area is to serve as the library and information services liaison to the Department of Health Policy and Management in the School of Public Health.
Judy previously served as the Virtual Library Services Coordinator within the Entrepreneurial Library Program (ELP) of the Sheridan Libraries at the Johns Hopkins University where she managed the department’s online library services and served as a distance-education librarian for adult learners. She specializes in the creation of tailored and responsive user-centered information services and resources. Judy's background also includes work in the philanthropic sector where she was a Research Associate in the Office of the President at the Carnegie Corporation of New York.
MS, Library and Information Science, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, 2000
BA, English Literature, University of Michigan, 1989
Semester abroad, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, January-June, 1988
- Health Management and Policy
- Research Funding and Grants Guide
- UMMS Health Policy and Health Economics Path of Excellence - An Information Resource Starter Kit
- Technology Transfer
- North Campus Research Complex
- Robert Wood Johnson (RJS) Scholars in Health Policy Research
- Venture Accelerator
- Funding Sources for School of Public Health Graduate Students
- Center for Bioethics and Social Sciences in Medicine