Current Page Path
Jen Green is the Head of Science, Engineering, and the Clark Library for Maps, Government Information and Data Services, coordinating strategic directions and staffing, and the interdisciplinary research that all three units support. She is also the Director of Research Data Services, a network of services for data throughout the research lifecycle offered by the library and connected to other campus resources. A data librarian by trade, she previously served the University of Michigan community by providing assistance with spatial data, numeric data, and statistics through a appointments, email reference, the two SAND labs, and courses and workshops on a variety of topics including locating demographic data and Introduction to Geographic Information Systems.
Jen has been a librarian at the University since 2005. Prior to that, she served as Public Services Librarian at Grinnell College, working on implementing digital initiatives from electronic course reserves to a campus-wide strategy for integrating GIS into the curriculum.
Before she joined the library world, Jen managed Barnes & Noble stores for 10 years.
- act as designated point person and project manager for the internal discussions around data and data services in the library
- be a member on the Research Advisory Board and translate those discussions to actions to be taken by the Research Lifecycle Council or others, in consultation with the AUL for Research
- frame the library’s role in Research using the lifecycle model; this will require leading the RLG to create a University Library model, as well as creating different lifecycle models for different scenarios develop a network of stakeholders and implementers across campus to
- foster conversations about data in the research enterprise and assist with obtaining library goals
- act on committees and meetings as a substitute or voice for the AUL for Research as appropriate initiate and foster working groups about disciplinary data lifecycles and use (e.g. eHumanities, and eSocialScience)
- create and implement a Communication Strategy for Data Initatives