Current Page Path
Alexandra Peterson Rivera
My work resides in two key areas.
Support the UM Detroit Center providing research assistance and instruction to UM departments, schools, and programs working in the center and their students and community partners.
Coordinate the Library's K-12 initiatives to improve K-12 learning outcomes in support of recruitment and, ultimately, retention of students.
Manage the Peer Information Counseling (PIC) Program which is a peer mentoring/counseling program intended to improve learning outcomes for minority students and in general offer a successful research and learning experience for new or returning students. This program has been in existence since 1990 and will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2015.
M.L.I.S., 2004 University of Michigan, School of Information
B.S., 1995 Northern Arizona University, Communications - Broadcasting and Production.
- Coordinate a Detroit Center Library Research Lab with access to Spatial Numeric Data Services and other library resources
- In person reference at Shapiro and Hatcher Reference Desk
- Ask a Librarian email and instant message reference
- Bibliographic instruction - Detroit Center and Ann Arbor Campus
- Encourage collaborations between the UM Library and the K-12 community including Summer Debate Institute
- Collaborate closely with UM's outreach and retention programs including UM's Summer Bridge Program
- Library Diversity Council - Co-Chair (2013/14)
- Learning Analytics Task Force
- Library Credit/Online Learning Task Force
- UM University Outreach Council
- Detroit Center Advisory Group