I am the Art & Design Field Librarian (Field Librarian because my office is "out in the field" as opposed to in the library). I am located in the Student Services Office complex of the School of Art and Design in room 2032 of the Art & Architecture Building.
Some services that I offer include but are not limited to:
- Instruction on how artists can use libraries effectively
- In-classroom assistance for class periods devoted to information gathering
- Individual research consultation for faculty and students
- Purchasing materials for the Art, Architecture & Engineering Library that will enhance the Art & Design curriculum
Please contact me if you have questions about library collections or services. I also welcome suggestions for purchases for the library.
Visit my blog at: http://artdes-librarian.blogspot.com/
I joined the Art, Architecture & Engineering Library staff in January 2002. I served as a librarian at Central Michigan University from 1997 to 2001. Prior to that I worked for several years in the Fine Arts Library at Michigan State University. I hold a B.S. in Psychology from Michigan State University and an M.L.I.S. from Wayne State University with a concentration in Art Librarianship.
I also oversee the Art, Architecture and Engineering Library Special Collections. Contact me if you wish to view items from this collection.
- Art & Design
- Finding and Incorporating Media into CTools and PowerPoint
- Library Guide for ARTDES 110 Digital Studio
- Library Guide for ARTDES 399: Writing in Art and Design: Critical Issues in Art and Design
- Library Resources for ADP I: The Creators
- Library Resources for ADP II: Society - Tobier
- Materials Collection
- News & Events Resources for Artists
- Prep Course for Japan Trip - Library Guide