FIRST PLACE: "A New Perspective"
by Christopher Koh
|SECOND PLACE: "Blurred" by Patti Ramos|
THIRD PLACE: "Roads & Leaves"
by Lyle A. Murphy
CAMPUS CHOICE WINNER:
"Arb Arms" by Patti Ramos
The 4th Annual MLibrary Photo Contest is co-sponsored by Mhealthy - The University of Michigan Health & Well-Being Services offers wellness and health risk reduction services for U-M faculty, students, staff, dependents, and retirees, as well as for the general public and Michigan businesses.
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
Images from 2011 photo contest: "Healthy Michigan"
Official Rules & Submission Guidelines
1. Entrants submitting photos for the contest must be currently in attendance at the University of Michigan at the undergraduate or graduate level.
2. Photograph entries must be the original work of the entrant and reflect the theme of the contest, "Healthy Michigan".
3. Photos must be submitted with a resolution of 300 DPI or higher. Most file types are acceptable, but please try and use a standard format such as JPG, PNG, or TIF.
4. Each email submission must include the following:
a) The title of the work (if any)
b) The complete name of the photographer, class standing, college affiliation (sophomore LSA, senior Engineering, etc.)
c) Where the photograph was taken
d) A paragraph of no more than 250 words answering the question, "How Do You Stay Healthy at Michigan?"
e) How you heard about the contest.
5. In submitting photographs of individuals, it is assumed by the University of Michigan and the University of Michigan Library that the photographer has obtained the rights and permission of those featured in the photograph. Neither the University of Michigan nor the University of Michigan Library is responsible for cases in which permission has not been granted by the subjects.
6. By submitting photographs to the contest via email, entrants agree to grant the University of Michigan Library permission to use the photographs in promotional materials, both related and unrelated to the contest, without compensation to the photographer. Any photographs used for any purposes will be fully credited to the entrant.
7. First, second and third place photos will be displayed permanently in the Library. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
a) 1st place: $50 gift certificate
b) 2nd place: $30 gift certificate
c) 3rd place: $20 gift certificate
A Campus Choice winner will be eligible to win an additional gift card.
8. Entries will be judged by a committee of University of Michigan Library staff members (no professional photographers) on creativity, compliance with the theme, originality, and overall quality of the image.
9. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries that do not conform to the stated rules and guidelines. By participating in the contest, the entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, and it is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has complied. The determination of the winners will be final and binding in all matters relating to this contest.
10. The deadline for all entries to be received is March 11, 2011. Judging will be completed and winners will be announced thereafter.
11. Submit photos and associated information as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each entrant may submit no more than 2 photos.