Combined access to all ProQuest news source databases, including ProQuest Newsstand, Gannett Newsstand, and ProQuest Historical Newspapers, as well as ABI/INFORM Dateline, Alt-Press Watch, American Periodicals, and Ethnic NewsWatch. Includes full text of thousands of newspapers, dozens of news wire services, and many news-oriented magazines and periodicals, from the past up to the present. Includes both major and smaller English-language newspapers from around the world and across the U.S., as well as selected newspapers in Spanish, French, German, and other languages.
Opposing Viewpoints in Context covers today’s hottest social issues, from Offshore Drilling to Climate Change, Health Care to Immigration. Opposing Viewpoints in Context helps students research, analyze and organize a broad variety of data for conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates, creating presentations and more.
This resource helps students explore issues from all perspectives, and includes:
- More than 14,000 pro/con viewpoint essays
- 5,000+ topic overviews
- More than 300 primary source documents
- 300 biographies of social activists and reformers
- More than 775 court-case overviews
- 5 million periodical articles
- Nearly 6,000 statistical tables, charts and graphs
- Nearly 70,000 images and a link to Google Image Search
- Thousands of podcasts, including weekly presidential addresses and premier NPR programs
- A national and state curriculum standards search, correlated to the content that allows educators to quickly identify material by grade and discipline
Opposing Viewpoints in Context contains more than 700 Greenhaven Press, Gale, Macmillan Reference USA™, Charles Scribner’s Sons® and U·X·L titles. New reference content is added on an ongoing basis, and new full-text periodical and newspaper articles are added every day. Included in the resource are:
- More than 400 titles from Greenhaven Press Series, including Opposing Viewpoints, Opposing Viewpoints Digests, At Issue, Contemporary Issues Companion, Current Controversies and Teen Decisions
- Fifteen proprietary Gale print sets, including Activists, Rebels, and Reformers; Civil Rights in the United States; Drugs and Controlled Substances: Information for Students; Encyclopedia of American Foreign Policy; Environmental Encyclopedia; Great American Court Cases; Tsunamis; Encyclopedia of Sociology; and Macmillan Profiles: Humanitarians and Reformers
Full image access to the complete run of the Russian newspaper. Izvestiia was founded in March 1917 and during the Soviet period was the official organ of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR. Izvestiia can be browsed by issue or keyword searched.
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Pittsburgh Courier (1911-2002), a major African American community newspaper. Includes original page images digitized from microfilm.
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of New York Amsterdam News (1922-1993), a major African American community newspaper. Includes original page images digitized from microfilm.
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Los Angeles Sentinel (1934-2005), a major African American community newspaper. Includes original page images digitized from microfilm.
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Atlanta Daily World (1931-2003), a major African American community newspaper. Includes original page images digitized from microfilm.
Online edition of the U.S.'s major news source for higher education. Includes text of every news article and essay from all weekly print issues published since September 1989, supplemented with all daily website-only updates and new-media extras such as slide shows, podcosts, and videos published since May 1998. Also includes blogs, job postings, The Chronicle Review weekly magazine and complete data from the annual Almanac of Higher Education since 1995, including demographics, enrollment, staff salaries, tuition fees, test scores, and more state by state, with additional sections for: Administrator Data, including pay and benefits of presidents; Financial & Institutional Data, including gifts and endowments, statistics on crime, graduation rates, degrees conferred, and Congressional earmarks for higher education; Faculty Data, including salaries, race and ethnicity, and scholarly productivity; and Student Data, including characteristics, enrollment, financial aid, foreign students, and test scores.
Searchable access to the backfile of Pravda, available in full page images digitized from microfilm. Archive includes access to 1912-1914, 1917 to 2009.
Provides cross-searching of ten different historical newspaper and periodical archive collections, including: 17th-18th Century Burney Collection Newspapers; 19th Century British Library Newspapers; 19th Century U.S. Newspapers; 19th Century UK Periodicals; Financial Times Historical Archive; Illustrated London News Historical Archive; Times Digital Archive; Times Literary Supplement Historical Archive.