NOTE: Beginning January 2014, all Taubman Reserves items will be temporarily housed
at the Shapiro Library during the building renovation.
What is Course Reserves?
A service to provide students with maximum access to required course readings (e.g., textbooks) or other physical items. Course Reserve items have shortened loan periods: 2 hours, 4 hours, 3 days.
Who can request Items for Taubman's Course Reserves?
Instructors and their representatives in the Schools of Nursing, Dentistry, and Public Health, the College of Pharmacy, and the Medical School.
How Can Instructors Submit Requests?
* Email your list of requests to email@example.com
* Submit a Taubman Instructor Request Form
* Send your list via campus mail: Taubman Health Sciences Library, 1135 E. Catherine, SPC 5726
* Until Friday, December 20, 2013, drop off your list at the Information Desk located on the 4th floor of the Taubman Health Sciences Library
What kinds of materials can be put on Reserve?
* Books and other physical items owned by the University Library
* Instructors can place their own copies of books
* Official coursepacks prepared by a professional print service
What about electronic readings such as journal articles, book chapters, or ebooks?
These are managed by individual instructors via the CTools course management system. For assistance in saving materials into CTools, email or call (734-764-1210) Taubman Library or use CTools Help. Electronic versions of articles, book chapters, and other readings for course support are avaliable via the Library's 7FAST service.
All requests should Include the following:
* Instructor's name
* Contact person (if not instructor)
* Departmental address
* Course number
* Course title
* Class size
* Term (e.g., Winter 2014, Spring 2014)
* Author or editor
* Year of publication
* Loan period (i.e., 2 hours, 4 hours, 3 days)
How long does it take for requests to be processed?
Allow 4 to 7 business days from the time the request is received until the items are available for use. To check the status of a request, instructors or their representatives can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-764-1210 during regular business hours.
Is there a deadline for submitting Reserve requests?
No, but it's best to send requests well in advance of the beginning of the term. Requests are processed on a first come, first served basis.
How many copies of books are placed on reserve?
Generally, only one copy is placed on reserve. However, items may be placed on reserve for multiple instructors, courses and terms.
Need more information? Contact Taubman Library via email or phone (734-764-1210)