About the Collection
This collection was purchased and accessioned into Special Collections in November of 2005 and consists primarily of the papers of Captain Harry M. Dey. Dey served with the 43rd Regiment of the U.S. Infantry in the Spanish American War and this collection covers the period between 1899 and 1901. This collection consists of hand written journal narratives from soldiers serving in the U.S. Army as well as hand written field reports, including accounts of battles and encounters with Philippine insurgents. Also of interest are the personal items found in the collection, small songbooks and instruction manuals, which would have been issued to soldiers. This collection also includes more than 309 photographic images including a labeled photogravure series by H.H. Stratton.
1.25 linear feet consisting of handwritten field reports, official documents (see example below), 309 photographs, and othe ephemera.
- 102 Numbered and labeled photogravure series by H.H. Stratton
- Photo album containing 123 unlabeled images
- Loose images various sizes 84.
Related collections and useful links
- To view Mirlyn listing for this collection click here.
- Collection finding aid, click here [we have a finding aid as a word doc]
- Independent website containing some autobiographical information about Dey. History of Camden County NJ.
Page created by Sarah Wingo
UM School of Information MSI Candidate