About the Collection
This is a collection of letters and photographs that belonged to Philippine missionary Everett E. Thompson (of Springfield Massachusetts), and is mostly dated from 1900 to 1910.
This collection was purchased by Special Collections in 1996.
Click on Image to see an enlarged version
Manuscript map of Cavite, Batangas
This collection consists of 134 letters and postcards written to Thompson from the Philippines and other East Asian locations; 98 letters to Thompson from friends and colleagues; from the United States. 1 manuscript map of Cavite, Batangas; 10 items of ephemera, printed; and 275 photographs, taken by Thompson.
- 134 letters, written from the Philippines and other East Asian locations, to Thompson about his school and missionary work.
- 98 letters, to and about Thompson, from friends and colleagues, writing from the United States.
- 1 manuscript map of Cavite, Batangas and area
- 10 items of ephemera, printed
- 275 photographs, all taken locally by Thompson, with almost every photograph labeled and explained on the back. Descriptions are often lengthy, filling the entire back of the photograph.
Related collections and useful links
- Everett Thompson photograph collection [photographs]
- 326 photographs : b&w ; 8 x 10 cm.-13 x 18 cm. ; 9 x 31 cm.
- This collection is made up of the photographs from the main part of the collection and can also be viewed at the Philippine Photographs Digital Archive website. (University of Michigan, Digital Library Production Service, Digital Library Collections and Publications).
Page created by Sarah Wingo
UM School of Information MSI Candidate