Graduate Library staff are available at the following locations to provide information and assistance as needed to all patrons:
- Circulation Services, 1st floor Hatcher North, 1st floor Hatcher South, 734/764-0401
- Information and Reference Center, 2nd floor Hatcher North, 734/764-9373
- Serials and Microforms Services, 2nd floor Hatcher South, 734/764-0503
Ramps are located on either side of the main entrance to the North Building (off the Diag). The entrance to the South Building (located off South University) is ground level and is equipped with automatic doors. Access to the North building is easily available from this entrance by taking the elevator from the lobby to the second floor.
Elevators are located in the main corridor of the North Building, the east and center sections of the North Stacks, and in the center section of the South building. Elevators in the main corridor provide access to North Building floors Basement, 1, 2, 3, and 4; east and center section elevators provide access to stacks levels B, Ba, 1, 1a, 2, 2a, 3, 3a, 4, and 4a. South Building elevators provide access to all floors in the South Building.
Wheelchair-accessible computers are located on the 2nd floor center area, Serial and Microforms Services (2nd floor, Hatcher South), and in the Area Programs Reading Room (Room 110, Area Programs Reading Room (Room 110, Hatcher North). Staff are available to assist users as needed in accessing these computers.
Navigating the Stacks
Patrons in wheelchairs may find the North and South stacks floors difficult to maneuver through due to narrow aisles and placement of elevators. Circulation staff will assist patrons with disabilities in retrieving items from the stacks. Contact Circulation Services, 734/764-0400, 1st floor Hatcher North, for assistance.
The following study areas are accessible to patrons in wheelchairs:
- Area Programs Reading Room (Room 110, Hatcher North)
- Reference Reading Room (2nd floor, Hatcher North)
- Newspaper Reading Room (2nd floor, Hatcher South)
There are two accessible study carrels located in the South Building:
- Room 400 (4th floor, Hatcher South)
- Room 500 (5th floor, Hatcher South)
For keys to these study carrels, contact Services for Students with Disabilities.
Restrooms equipped with stalls and fixtures designed for wheelchair access are located as follows:
- Basement, Hatcher North (men's)
- 1st floor Hatcher North (women's)
- 3rd floor Hatcher North (men's & women's)
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th floors, Hatcher South (men's & women's)
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th floors, Hatcher South (unisex)
Accessible Parking Areas
Wheelchair accessible parking spaces are located in the loading dock area of the Graduate Library, located off South University.
By arrangement with the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities, patrons with disabilities may use the Library's 7FAST document delivery service for free. For further information, contact the Office for Students with Disabilities, Rm. G625 Haven Hall, 734/763-3000.
Adaptive Technology Site
Located in the Shapiro Undergraduate Library, this site has a variety of adaptive hardware and software to meet users' needs. Contact Shapiro Undergraduate Library Reference staff for additional information at 734/763-4141 or contact the Adaptive Technology Computing Site staff.