Short-Term Data Storage
Data storage that is accessible to collaborators:
- Personal M+Box accounts provide 50GB storage, and folders can be shared with other people inside or outside U-M. For large collaborative projects, shared accounts provide 200GB storage.
- Personal M+Google accounts provide 30GB storage via GoogleDrive, and folders and files can be shared with other people inside or outside U-M.
Storage for large amounts of data:
- MiStorage is available for large amounts of data. Disk space can be purchased on a per-terabyte basis, with additional charges for back-up or data replication at a second data center.
Storage for sensitive information:
- Campus ITS provides a sensitive data guide to where to store and how to share data in a secure manner.
Temporary data storage during high-performance computing:
- Lustre provides temporary storage during reads and writes of very large data files.
Other data storage options:
- Campus ITS provides a storage solutions summary chart that lists all data storage options at U-M.
Long-Term Data Storage and Preservation
- Deep Blue Data is a repository offered by the University of Michigan Library that provides access and preservation services for digital research data that were developed or used in the support of research activities at the University of Michigan.
- Hundreds of subject-specific data repositories can provide persistent storage and access to your research data, including OpenDOAR and re3data to find a good home for your data.