If you are looking for more information about P46 and other New
Testament papyri, try some of the resources listed below:
These web pages draw heavily on the original publications of P.
Chester Beaty 2, by Sir Frederick Kenyon, and P.Mich. inv 6238, by Prof. Henry
Sanders. Also included below are materials that were used in the preparation
of these web pages or which may be useful to readers wishing to learn more about
P46 and New Testament scholarship.
- Aland et. al. (eds.), Novum Testamentum Graece, ed. XXVI (Stuttgart
- Bauer, W. (ed.), Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other
Early Christian Literature, Second Edition (Chicago 1979).
- Kenyon, F.G. (ed.), Chester Beatty Biblical Papyri III Suppl.: Pauline
Epistles (London 1936).
- Kenyon, F.G., Our Bible and the Ancient Manuscripts (5th ed.) (London
- Metzger, B.M., The Text of the New Testament; Its Transmission, Corruption,
and Restoration. (Oxford 1964).
- Metzger, B.M., A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament: A Companion
Volume to the United Bible Societies’ Greek New Testament (3d ed.)
- Paap, A.H.R.E., Nomina Sacra in the Greek Papyri of the First Five Centuries.
Papyrologica Lugduno-Batava VIII (Leiden 1959).
- Roberts, C.H. & T.C. Skeat, The Birth of the Codex. (London
- Sanders, H.A. (ed.), Michigan Papyri IIIa. No. 222, A Third Century
Codex of the Epistles of Paul (Ann Arbor 1935). [Univ. of Mich. Studies,
Humanistic Series 38].
- Turner, E.G., The Typology of the Early Codex (Pennsylvania 1977).