General Library [new]
Albert Kahn, architect (also for 1920 and 1970 additions). In 1918 the old library was demolished and a new front (north facade) was attached to the 1893 stacks and the stacks built in 1916-1917. This was referred to as the (New) General Library until the south stack addition was built in 1967-1970, when the entire library building was named the Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library.
Image courtesy of the Bentley Historical Library
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image.