Wireless internet is available in the Music Library. Anyone with a valid U-M uniqname and password and the necessary equipment may access the wireless network. To use the wireless network, you will need a laptop computer with an 802.11a/b/g or 802.11b/g wireless network card and a recent web browser.
How to connect to the MWireless Network:
- Turn on your computer and its WiFi connection.
- Using your network management software, select MWireless Network.
- Launch a web browser.
- Your web browser home page will be redirected to the MWireless Network authentication page.
- Login by typing your uniqname and password.
- Your network browser will return to your predetermined home page.
- You are now connected to the MWireless Network and can use your network applications.
- If you roam out of range, put your computer in hibernation/sleep mode, or turn it off for at least 10 minutes, you will be automatically logged out of the MWireless Network.
For more help and a full overview of the MWireless Network, see ITCom.
If you experience difficulties, please contact School of Music Desktop Support (615-3733) or the ITCom Help Line (764-HELP).