The Music Library can create PDFs of library-held scores to be made accessible through CTools. To set up online reserves, please take the following steps:
Submit Your Request
Upload the File to Your CTools Site
The Reserves Coordinator will scan the scores to PDF and email it to you. To put it into CTools:
- Download the file to your hard drive.
- Login to your CTools site.
- Choose the appropriate course site and select Resources from the column on the left.
- To organize your resources into folders, click the Add link under "Actions." For the Item Type, select "Empty folder" and then enter a name and optional description for the folder.
- From your Resources list, click the Add link next to the folder where you want to put the file.
- Set the Item Type to "File Upload."
- Click the Browse button next to "Choose a file" and find the PDF that you saved to your computer in step 1.
- Enter a title for the item.
- Set the Copyright Status to "Material is subject to fair use exception." Do NOT check the box next to "Display to non-members (publicly viewable)."
- Click the Add button at the bottom of the page, and that's it!
The turnaround for online reserves is 2-5 days, so please submit requests in advance of when needed.
Direct any questions or concerns to: firstname.lastname@example.org