MLibrary & Mobile Technology
Recognizing the explosion of mobile technologies and their importance in academic research, teaching and learning, the University Library inititated a series of projects to enhance the resources and services we provide to users of mobile devices.
Specifically, the Library has:
- created mobile-friendly versions of the Mirlyn catalog and the library web site, including our Research Guides
- launched a text message-based help service (Ask a Librarian)
- advocated with publishers to provide mobile-friendly interfaces
- gathered a list of mobile-friendly databases
- created a "proxy this" bookmarklet for iPad/iPhones
- partnered with groups across campus to enhance cell phone access in buildings
- gathered information of interest to campus on ebooks and ereaders
As always, if you have questions, please Ask a Librarian on your mobile (or text us at 734-315-0507).