Library Web Systems develops and maintains the web applications that make the University Library's web site work. Our main projects include:
- Drupal content management system for the library, MPublishing, and other library projects
- ArticlesPlus, our article discovery tool (uses Summon's API) and the open-source Article Discovery Drupal module that powers it.
- Search Tools (find databases, journals, and articles)
- MLibrary Labs, the libraries' experimental web tools
- High Level Browse Database -- mapping of call numbers and browse categories. Downloadable as XML.
- Library Outages list -- what journals, databases, and library tools are known to be experiencing problems.
- New Books list
- We administer the library's proxy server (EZProxy) and the Proxy Server Bookmarklet for browsers and iPhones/iPads.
- Ongoing maintenance of Library-developed web resources
- Development of new database driven web projects
- Development of guidelines and policies for the Library's web developers (staff only)
Web Systems staff members:
- Interface Developer (This is a newly-created position. interested? Apply now!)
- Drupal Developer (Apply now!)
To contact Web Systems or to report a problem with the library web site, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.