Library Diversity Council
The University of Michigan Library values and celebrates diversity and aspires to be an organization characterized by high levels of intercultural competence resulting in improved resources and services for our broad community of users.
The Library Diversity Council (LDC) advances the mission of the University of Michigan Library by providing leadership, support and development opportunities across all levels of the Library and the broader community in areas of diversity and inclusion.
- organizes, supports, and leads activities to increase awareness and promote understanding about diversity issues, and to foster cultural competence among Library employees.
- works in partnership with Library Administration to advance the library’s goals relating to diversity.
- serves as a resource for Library staff on diversity concerns.
- promotes the Library as a resource that supports the U-M community by demonstrating the value that diversity brings to everyday life and to the academic experience.
- collaborates with individuals and organizations on a regional, national, and international level (as appropriate) to support a thriving climate for diversity.