(formerly Proxy Accounts)
Faculty may designate one or more persons to act on their behalf to check out library materials and/or to place document delivery requests by establishing free Faculty Assistant Accounts.
Note: Faculty should not expect students or staff to obtain library materials on their behalf using the students’ or staff members’ own personal library accounts.
What you should know about Faculty Assistant Accounts:
- Faculty members must initiate the Account by filling out the online form. The faculty member’s login credentials when accessing the electronic form serves as their authorizing signature. (request form is linked below)
- Accounts are active for up to one year and may be renewed.
- Document Delivery (7FAST/ILL) privileges require the Faculty Assistant to have a valid U-M uniqname and U-M email address. Visit http://www.itd.umich.edu/uniqname for details about U-M uniqnames.
The Faculty Member assumes full responsibility for the Faculty Assistant Account including:
- Return or renewal of materials on or before due date.
- Immediate return of materials that are recalled for use by other borrowers.
- Payment for all library materials that may be lost while charged to the Faculty Assistant.
- Prompt notification if a Faculty Assistant Account is to be revoked or canceled before the Account expiration date.
The borrowing privileges of both the sponsoring faculty and the Faculty Assistant will be suspended if the Faculty Assistant Account is delinquent.
Non-electronic form options
You may submit a completed print form to the Circulation Department of the Hatcher Graduate Library, the Art Architecture & Engineering Library, or the Taubman Health Sciences Library.