* Lesson Plan [docx] - complete script for teaching students to use Mirlyn
* Activity Sheet [docx] - an activity to be used with the lesson plan above
* Assessment Sheet [docx] - an assessment to be used with the lesson plan
* Handout [docx] - an informational handout to distribute to students
* Lesson Plan [doc] - complete script for teaching students to use Search Tools
* Search Tools Illustrated [ppt] - an animated presentation to be used with the lesson plan above
* Troubleshooting [doc] - tips for understanding search results and tracking down articles
* Lesson Plan [doc] - complete script for teaching students to use RefWorks
* Creating an Account [pdf] - a handout for students with the steps to create their own RefWorks account
* RefWorks Troubleshooting Guide [doc]
* What is RefWorks? [ppt] - an animated presentation that describes how to use RefWorks (by Xiang Li, Winter 2007 intern)
Critical Evaluation of Resources
* Lesson Plan [doc] - complete script for teaching students about the Critical Evaluation of Resourcess
* Scholarly v. Popular [ppt] - a PowerPoint presentation to show students different aspects in print journals that can help them determine whether their journal is scholarly
* Is It Scholarly? [doc] - a short handout dealing with questions students can ask themselves when reading sources
* Useful Terms Guide [doc] - lists definitions that students may find helpful
* Assignment worksheet [doc] - a worksheet for students to work through if time permits
* Lesson Plan [doc] - The Active Learning techniques presented here cover three lesson plans, each focusing on variations of the same subject matter.
* Narrowing a Topic [doc] - an active learning lesson plan for discussing narrowing research topics.
* Controlled Vocabulary [doc] - an active learning lesson plan for discussing controlled vocabulary.
* Interpreting a Citation [doc] - an active learning lesson plan for discussing interpreting citations.