- Kristina Eden. Successful Copyright Reviews Across Multiple Institutions, presented at Michigan Academy conference at Oakland University, Alma, MI on February 28, 2014.
- Judith Ahronheim. Building Blocks for Inter-Institutional Collaboration: A HathiTrust Copyright Review Case Study, presented at ALA Midwinter 2014 in Philadelphia, PA on January 25, 2014.
- Judith Ahronheim. Enhancing Authority Records to Aid Copyright Review, presented at ALA Midwinter 2014 in Philadelphia, PA on January 25, 2014.
- Jennifer Block. CRMS World: Some Advanced Searching Tips, a presentation to CRMS reviewers on October 24, 2013.
- Melissa Levine and Richard Adler. Rights, Research, Results: The Copyright Review Management System Projects, presented at the CNI Spring Membership Meeting 2013 in San Antonio, TX, on April 5, 2013.
- Kris Kasianovitz. State Government Information and the Copyright Conundrum, presented at the Best Practices Exchange Conference in Annapolis, MD, on Dec. 5, 2012. Prezi presentation and handout.
- Richard Adler. The CRMS Projects: Out of Print, Out of Mind, a lightning talk presented at UM Library on October 22, 2012.
- Richard Adler. The CRMS Projects: Putting Books to Rights (ppt), a lightning talk presented at UM Library on July 26, 2012.
- Bobby Glushko. Copyright Basics (ppt), an introduction to issues of copyright law presented to the reviewers-in-training at the CRMS-World Training Meeting in Ann Arbor, Michigan, on May 2, 2012.
- LeighAnn Ayers. An update on CRMS given to the ALCTS Technical Services Directors of Large Research Libraries Interest Group, at the American Library Association Midwinter Meeting in Dallas, Texas, on January 13, 2012.
- Bobby Glushko. CRMS-World Presentation Overview (ppt), a general introduction to HathiTrust, the Institute for Museum and Library Services, and the two IMLS-funded CRMS projects.
- Bobby Glushko. Practical Applications of Copyright Formalities (ppt), an introduction to copyright law and the CRMS projects.
White Papers and Studies
Successfully Collaborating Across Multiple Institutions: Observations from CRMS-World (pdf)
Kristina Eden. December 4, 2013.
The Copyright Review Management System, It's Development and Process (pdf)
Judith Ahronheim, Kristina Eden. October 1, 2013.
CRMS-World Legal Analysis and Resulting Workflow (pdf)
Bobby Glushko. February 20, 2012.
Search Strategies for Finding British Commonwealth Author Death Dates: UM CRMS Grant (pdf)
The Reference Staff of the Humanities and Social Sciences Division, Library of Congress. Prepared for the University of Michigan Library Staff, December 7, 2011.
Interim Reports to IMLS
- Interim report to IMLS, July 2012.
- Interim report to IMLS, December 2012.
- Interim report to IMLS, July 2013.
- CRMS-World Online Training 01 - Getting Started (pdf)
- CRMS-World Online Training 02 - The Review Interface (pdf)
- CRMS-World Online Training 03 - Understanding the Decision Tree (pdf)
CRMS-World Dataflow (pdf)
A process visualization of the CRMS-World project.
CRMS-World Decision Tree v 4.0 (pdf)
A flowchart depicting the step-by-step decision process reviewers should follow when making a copyright determination.
- CRMS-World Decision Tree Help Documentation v 1.0 (pdf)
- CRMS-World Some Advanced (author death date) Searching Tips, a presentation by Jennifer Block.
Research Tools Used in CRMS-World
- Virtual International Authority File (VIAF)
- Library of Congress Authorities
- Mirlyn - University of Michigan Library Catalog
- Australian Dictionary of Biography
- National Library of Australia (NLoA)
- Obituaries Australian
- Australian Literature Resource (AustLit)
- Dictionary of Canadian Biography Online
- Library and Archives Canada
- New General Catalog of Old Books and Authors (NGCOBA)
- Copac National, Academic, and Specialist Library Catalogue