Mission of the Gallery
The mission of the MLibrary Gallery is to enrich the intellectual, educational and cultural life of the University of Michigan campus and the larger community in these ways:
- Showcase and interpret the MLibrary's rich collections and promote their scholarly use.
- Use collections to facilitate scholarship and storytelling.
- Support the Library's role as an intellectual center of the University.
- Provide a gathering place for the University to educate, enrich, and interact with the University and the wider community.
- Foster relationships between the MLibrary and University of Michigan faculty, students, alumni, staff, and the state and local community.
How is this accomplished in the Gallery?
To share ideas, promote discussion, and enrich and educate as part of the University's academic mission, the Gallery in Room 100 provides a venue for:
- Library-sponsored or co-sponsored lectures, presentations, films and other events
- Display of the Library’s special collections and rich treasures
- Exhibits and events proposed and created by the University of Michigan community
- Traveling and other temporary exhibits
- Collaboration with community partners
Departments of the University or community are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with proposals or ideas.