Want to improve Wikipedia content relating to your museum or library collections, or practice the basics of Wikipedia editing? Students, faculty, and staff of all levels of experience with Wikipedia are invited to this GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums) Edit-a-thon hosted by Chris Leeder, Ph.D student from the School of Information; Dave Malicke, Open Education Specialist; Ye Li, Chemistry Librarian; and students from the Michigan Wikipedians club.
- Please RSVP for this workshop.
- Register for a Wikipedia account if you do not have one yet.
- If you are new to Wikipedia, this introductory tutorial will get you started.
- Bring materials you'd like to post on Wikipedia pages or help the group work on developing the Museums at University of MIchigan page.
- Laptops will be available for use in the Gallery Lab, or bring your own.
- Coffee and light refreshments provided.
Co-hosted by the University Library and Open.Michigan, this event is part of Open Education Week.
Open education seeks a world where the desire to learn is fully met by the opportunity to do so and where everyone, everywhere is able to access affordable, educationally/culturally appropriate opportunities to gain whatever knowledge or training they desire.