- Date & Time
- January 17, 2014 - 12:00pm to 6:00pm
- UM3D Lab, First Floor Duderstadt Center, North Campus
- Event Type
- Open House
Curious about new technologies, or have a project in mind but not sure where to start? The UM3D Lab Winter Open House will feature demonstrations of Virtual Reality, Rapid Prototyping, Motion Capture, 3D Scanning, Mobile Development, Animations, and more. Learn more about what the 3D Lab to offer.
In addition to various technology, projects, and expertise, this semester we're kicking off some exciting new services, technologies, and learning opportunities:
- FREE Magics and Mimics Workshop! This workshop will introduce you to powerful extraction and model cleanup software available to you in the 3D Lab. The workshop is offered during the Open House; join us at 4pm in the VisLab.
- Oculus Rift - Try out the acclaimed headset and see what low-cost Virtual Reality can do.
- Cube 3D Printers - Ever want to print something in 3D? Now is your chance while we offer six open-access printers (with free material) as part of a study.
- Digital Creators Collective - A series of workshops to help you build better models, visualizations, and presentations. Curious about creating models for 3D Printers? Need to make professional animations and images for presentations? Want to learn how to convert photos into 3D objects? These hands-on, practical workshops are for you. Learn more at the Open House.
Join us to see the amazing technology and services available to you through the Library. For more information visit UM3D Lab.