Document Delivery Services
Hours this week:
|Monday||08:00 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Tuesday||08:00 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Wednesday||08:00 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Thursday||08:00 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Friday||08:00 AM - 5:30 PM|
Free Services: For All Students, Staff and Faculty
For books and other materials that are available for check out from a campus library, the Library offers a number of delivery services.
- Mirlyn Get This
Have books and other materials held at the Circulation Desk in a library most convenient for you. Do this by:
- Logging into Mirlyn, the library catalog of the University of Michigan, with your uniqname and password.
- Locate the desired item.
- Select the Get This button in the "holdings" section to request delivery of an available item to the library of your choice.
- Chose a pick up library location in the Hold for me at a library box.
You will receive an email message when the item is ready for pick up. (See our video for additional help.)
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
When the UM Library does not own a copy of a book or other material, borrow it from another library.
UBorrow is another type of interlibrary loan service for the borrowing of physical items that allows you to:
- Search 14 combined library catalogs
- Get real time info on item availability
- Request items directly (usually delivered within a week)
- Keep most books for 12 weeks
Free Services: For Graduate Students, Staff and Faculty
(Available to Undergraduate Students for a small fee)
- 7FAST- MLibrary Document Delivery
Have books and articles (PDFs) delivered quickly to you, including from the the Law Library. (2-4 day turnaround)