Document Delivery Services
Free Services: For All Students, Staff and Faculty
For books and other materials that are available for check out from a campus library, the Library offers a number of delivery services.
Mirlyn Get This
Have books and other materials held at the Circulation Desk in a library most convenient for you. Do this by:
- Logging into Mirlyn, the library catalog of the University of Michigan, with your uniqname and password.
- Locate the desired item.
- Select the Get This button in the "holdings" section to request delivery of an available item to the library of your choice.
- Chose a pick up library location in the Hold for me at a library box.
You will receive an email message when the item is ready for pick up. (See our video for additional help.)
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
When the UM Library does not own a copy of a book or other material, borrow it from another library.
UBorrow is another service of interlibrary loan (ILL) for the borrowing of physical items that allows you to:
- Search 14 combined library catalogs
- Get real time info on item availability
- Request items (usually delivered within a week)
- Keep most books for 12 weeks
Free Services: For Graduate Students, Staff and Faculty
(Available to Undergraduate Students for a small fee)
7FAST- MLibrary Document Delivery
Have books and articles (PDFs) delivered quickly to you, including from the Kresge Business Administration Library and the Law Library. (2-4 day turnaround)
For-Fee Services: For Non UM-Affiliated Library Patrons
Michigan Information Transfer Source (MITS)
If you are not affiliated with UM, have books and other materials delivered to you for a fee.