The Lincoln Highway Association archive was donated to the University of Michigan's Transportation Library in 1937. The archive, transferred to the Special Collections Library in 1992, consists of materials from the central office in Detroit dating from 1912 up through the late 1930s. There are letters, manuscript trip logs, minutes of meetings of the Board of Directors, reports, contracts, financial statements, drawings, press releases, maps, brochures and guides, including the 1928 logbook of Lincoln Highway markers made by local Boy Scouts, and photographs. The photographic portion of the archive consists of approximately 3,000 images, including views of construction underway, towns and cities, markers, bridges, cars, camp sites, scenic views, and snapshots of Association directors and field secretaries traveling the route.
- Stable URL