Homeopathy Collection

Description

The homeopathy collection at the University of Michigan originated in the holdings of the Homeopathic Medical College, first established as part of the University in Ann Arbor in 1875. The Homeopathic Medical College existed concurrently with the allopathic Medical School until 1922. There was also a Homeopathic Hospital in existence locally from 1879 until 1891. The collection itself contains items dating from the mid-1800’s to the present day. Although not being digitized at this time, of particular interest is the Bradford Homeopathy Collection, which is composed of 1027 pamphlets that detail 75 years of the history and development of the field of homeopathic medicine. Along with the holdings of the former Homeopathic Library, these pamphlets constitute one of the most complete collections on the subject.

Type
Text Collection
Stable URL
http://www.lib.umich.edu/database/link/9159
Access
Open access for all usersOpen access for all users
Subjects
Page maintained by Kathleen Folger
Last modified: 04/09/2013