- Alternative Titles
- Records of the Department of State relating to Political Relations
This collection consists of materials pertaining to political relations of states, including diplomatic and consular representation and bilateral treaties, conventions and agreements for the following countries/regions: Argentine Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Central America, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela and the West Indian Republics.
Documents in this collection span the period 1930 through 1944, focusing heavily on various events, people and political movements, including:
- The rise of Fascism and Falangism
- The effects of the worldwide depression
- Mexican oil and nationalization
- Central America and the "banana republics"
- FDR's Good Neighbor Policy