This archive contains 6,000 pages of oral histories from the "behind-the-scenes" decision and policy makers answers a wide range of popular and academic questions surrounding this long period of political and military tension:
- What scientific and technological developments fueled the arms race that characterized the Cold War?
- What new institutions were created by the Cold War, and how were existing institutions reshaped by it?
- How did the Cold War condition society and culture?
- How did it shape the foreign policies of the U.S. and the Soviet Union?
- What did--and does--"the end of the Cold War" mean for citizens in the United States and the former Soviet Union?
Source Library: Private Collection of Jim Thebaut