First time users must create an account. To do so, follow these instructions. If you already have an account, proceed to step 5.
1. Fill in the fields with a valid e-mail address and a password. You do not have to use your uniqname, but if you do, do not provide your Kerberos password.
2. Once you have filled in the email and password fields, click add.
3. Fill in your first name, last name and phone number and verify your chosen password. We ask for a phone number in case we have additional questions about your reservation. You will only fill out this form on your first time using our system.
4. Click "Save" to continue.
5. Your account is now created. Before you place your first request, please refer to our list of guidelines to help ensure that we can reserve a group study room for you.
6. Once you have read through the guidelines and referred to the Free/Busy function to choose an available time and date, click “Create New Request.” Be sure that your “Description” is distinctive; it will be posted on the door outside of your requested room.
7. Use the "Resource Type" menu to request Group Study Space or one of the Tech Suites on the first floor of the Shapiro Undergraduate Library. Refer to our guidelines to learn more about the differences between the two.
8. Click “Next” and select your desired date, start time and end time. Be sure to change the date from the default of today; remember, we do not permit same day reservations.
9. Click “Next” and fill in the field with any additional information or questions you have about our rooms including special equipment requests or information about whether the room is ADA compliant.. This field will only be seen by library staff; it will not be posted publicly.
9. Click “Next” to review your request
10. Click “Finish” to submit your request.
Requests are approved manually by library staff. Reservations that have not yet been approved will appear as "Pending Requests." When library staff approve or deny the request it will move to the "Reviewed Requests" To delete requests, click the “x” underneath the “Action” column.
You may also reserve a room by phone or e-mail:
- Call or visit the circulation desk at Shapiro Library or Hatcher Graduate Library.
- Shapiro Library circulation desk: 734/764-7491
- Hatcher Graduate Library circulation desk: 734/764-0401
- Send an e-mail message to RoomSchedulers@umich.edu.
- Specify which room you are requesting, the date on which you wish to use the room, and start and end times of your reservation.