Current Page Path
MLibrary Browse results for Science in Research Guides
Highly Recommended Research Guides
1 - 10 of 10
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
A guide to useful sources in the field of Astronomy and Astrophysics for UM researchers.
- Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences
Provides resources, strategies, and information on conducting research in Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences.
Provides resources, strategies and information on conducting research in biology, including: molecular, developmental, and cell biology; ecology and evolutionary biology; botany; and zoology.
A guide for researchers of systematic and taxonomic botany, and those studying plant and fungal diversity at the University of Michigan.
Guides on using library services and selected resources including journals, databases, ebooks, reference works, etc., for research in chemistry, including: analytical, organic, inorganic, biological, and physical chemistry.
- History of Science & Technology
This guide provides some suggested resources for research in the history of science and technology.
- Landscape Architecture
This guide contains resources for research in Landscape Architecture ranging from environmental topics to aesthetic and design topics.
A guide to resources in mathematics
A guide to useful sources in the field of Physics for UM researchers.
- Statistics (Mathematical)
A guide to resources on mathematical statistics.
Other Research Guides
1 - 35 of 35
- 2012 SROP Science and Engineering
Guide for SROP students in science & engineering.
- Applied Climate Resources
Links to reports, data, resources and services that can help you with your classes and research in the Applied Climate program.
- Biological Station
A guide to Library resources for students and researchers at the UM Biological Station in Pellston.
- Chem216 Synthesis and Characterization of Organic Compounds
Help you get started with obtaining physical properties and spectroscopic data of substances as well as organic reactions information from Reaxys and other resources.
- Chemical Engineering
A resource guide for chemical engineering information.
- Citing Sources in the Sciences
LIsts print and online citation and style guides for various science disciplines; also explains how to abbreviate journal titles
- Common Problems Finding Journal Articles
Suggestions for working through problems finding journal articles.
- Cyberinfrastructure and Research Resources
This guide is to provide links to publications and other resources related to cyberinfrastructure and e-Science as well as data management.
- Earth 142: From Stars to Stones
- Earth 146: Plate Tectonics
library guide for Rob Van der Voo's Autumn 2012 class.
- Earth 223: Introduction to Oceanography
- Earth 315: Mineralogy
- Earth 333: Inexhaustable Seas? Marine Resources and Environmental Issues
guide to support writing assignments and data sharing issues for Ingrid Hendy's class.
- Earth 380: Mineral Resources, Economics, and the Environment
- Earth and Environmental Sciences (Virtual Geosciences Library)
- Environ 111: Introduction to Global Change: Human Impacts
- Environ 310: Environmental Chemicals and Disease
- Environ 399: Junior Honors Seminar
Research Guide for Program in the Environment honors seminar students
- Environmental Impact Statements
guide to finding environmental impact statements and environmental assessments
- Finding Journal Articles in the Shapiro Science Library
This guide explains how to find a journal article, online or in print, in the Shapiro Science Library.
- Finding Species Information
A guide for finding factual information about particular plant and animal species.
- Finding Spectral Data
A guide to locating IR, NMR, mass spec, and other spectral data.
A research guide to useful sources in the field of genetics for UM researchers.
- Great Lakes
Online articles, journals, maps, videos, and books for studying the Great Lakes.
- Grey Literature
Provides resources and information on how to search for Grey Literature.
- ISI Web of Science: Getting Started
This guide describes how to access and start searching the ISI database Web of Science, which includes Science Citation Index.
- Japan Disaster Information
Information about the 3/11/2011 earthquake and subsequent crisis in Japan.
- Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology Resources
Provides resources, strategies, and information on conduction research in molecular, cellular, and developmental biology.
- Natural Resources and Environment
UM Libraries supports research in natural resources and environmental science through a variety of materials, both print and electronic.
- Publishing in the Sciences
- Reaxys: Beilstein/Gmelin/Patent Chemistry
Resources and how-to guide to use Reaxys efficiently
Access and use SciFinder through the web version for exploring chemical literature and substance information.
- Search Strategy Tips
Tips to improve search results
- Space Sciences
Provides links to databases, books, images, strategies, and information on conducting research in Space Sciences.
- Unique Collections on the UM Campus
Unusual collections in the UM Library and on the UM Campus (Ann Arbor).