Current Page Path
MLibrary Browse results for United States History in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 11 of 11
- America: History & Life (EBSCO)
America: History & Life is an index of literature covering the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to ...
- Early American Imprints, Series I: Evans, 1639-1800 & Series I: Supplement
Page images and searchable full-text of Early American Imprints, Series I Evans & Series I Supplement.
- Colonial State Papers
Colonial State Papers provides users with access to primary source documents from the sixteenth to the eighteenth centuries. The ...
- Early American Imprints, Series II: Shaw-Shoemaker, 1801-1819 & Series II: Supplement
Provides full-text access to American books, pamphlets and broadsides published in the first nineteen years of the nineteenth century, ...
- American Memory Online Collection
American Memory provides free and open access through the Internet to written and spoken words, sound recordings, still and moving ...
Online version of the 19th-century American magazine Harper's Weekly, with original page images and searchable full-text.
- 19th Century U.S. Newspapers
Contains digital facsimile images of both full pages and clipped articles for hundreds of 19th century U.S. newspapers. For each issue, ...
- American Women's History Online
Biographies, historical and topical subject entries, speeches and other documents, maps and charts, photographs, and timelines that ...
- Valley of the Shadow: Two Communities in the American Civil War
A searchable database with images, letters, newspapers relating to the Civil War in Virginia.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
Complete full-text backfiles of 20 U.S. and 31 international English-language newspapers.
- Making of America (MOA) Journals
A full-text digital library of primary sources in American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction.
1 - 112 of 112
- Abraham Lincoln Association Serials
Abraham Lincoln Association's fifty-two issues of The Abraham Lincoln Quarterly.
- Accessible Archives
Provides full text, searchable access to important American magazines and newspapers from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922
Online collection of texts related to African American history from the Library Company of Philadelphia.
- Alexander Street Press
Combined search platform for ASP audio and video collections
- America's Historical Newspapers
America's Historical Newspapers provides searchable digital facsimiles of thousands of titles from all 50 states. The collection ...
- American FactFinder
Population, housing and economic census data from ongoing surveys including American Community Survey
- American History in Video
American History in Video will contain over 5700 documentary films and newsreels of significant events in US history.
- American History Online
Biographies of important, interesting, and representative historical figures. Descriptions of events, themes, organizations, places, ...
- American Indian Histories and Culture
Full text database of manuscripts, artwork, and rare printed books.
- American Jewish Newspapers
Searchable access to the complete backfiles of four major American Jewish newspapers, digitized from microfilm.
- American National Biography
Profiles of more than 18,000 men and women from all eras and walks of American life who have influenced and shaped American history and ...
- American Periodicals (APS)
Searchable, full text of selected American periodicals of all kinds published between 1740 and 1900.
- American West
A primary source database that includes manuscripts, maps, broadsides, and a variety of ephemeral works.
- Ann Arbor Postcards
The Making of Ann Arbor Postcard collection is comprised of 260 online images.
- Archive of Americana
Combined access to six databases containing full text of historical American books, newspapers & periodicals.
- Archives of Michigan Online Finding Aids
Archives of Michigan Online Finding Aids provides access to finding aids or descriptive inventories for archival records at the Archives.
The ARTstor Digital Library provides over 1.5 million digital images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and sciences.
- Asia and the West: Diplomacy and Cultural Exchange
Digital archive of records documenting U.S. and British relations with a variety of Asian Nations.
- Atlanta Constitution 1868-1945
Digital, searchable version of the Atlanta Constitution 1868-1945
- Bentley Historical Library Finding Aids
The University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library EAD Finding Aids site provides access to finding aids or descriptive inventories.
- Bentley Image Bank, Bentley Historical Library
Over 1,700 digitized images of original photographs, maps, paintings, etc. illustrating the history of UM, Michigan and Ann Arbor.
- Bibliography of Native North Americans
TRIAL: Provides citations to articles and books relating to all aspects of native North American culture and history.
- Boston Globe, 1872-1982
Searchable access to the backfile of the Boston Globe in full page images, digitized from microfilm.
- Civil War Diaries
This was launched in 2007 with 8 diaries of men with connections to Michigan or the Midwest.
- Clarke Historical Library Online Finding Aids
This EAD Finding Aids site of the Clarke Historical Library at CMU provides access to finding aids for archival records and manuscripts.
- Clements Library Manuscripts Division Finding Aids
The William L. Clements Library EAD Finding Aids site provides access to finding aids or descriptive inventories for manuscript collections.
- Cold War Intelligence Online: The Secret War Between the U.S. and the USSR, 1945-1991
Collection of declassified government documents covering the espionage activities of the U.S. intelligence community during the Cold War.
- Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln
In 1953, the Abraham Lincoln Association published The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln.
- Confidential Print: North America, 1824-1961
Digital collection of documents issued by the British Foreign and Colonial Office.
- CQ Almanac
CQ Almanac contains unbiased, objective and comprehensive summaries of all Capitol Hill activity from the previous congress.
- CQ Historic Documents
Published annually since 1972, the Historic Documents Series now contains 32 volumes of primary sources. Each volume includes ...
- CQ Supreme Court Collection
Provides historical analysis and commentary of Supreme Court decisions, biographies of Supreme Court justices, Supreme Court ...
- CQ Voting and Elections Collection
- DARE: Dictionary of American Regional English
An online edition of the Dictionary of American Regional English
- Datapedia of the United States: American History in Numbers
Contains the most significant historical statistics of the United States from 1789 to 2003, with projections to 2050.
- Declassified Documents Reference System (DDRS)
Full text of Presidential, Executive Branch, and Congressional documents since World War II declassified under the Freedom of ...
- Detroit Free Press, 1831-1922
Digitized version of the Detroit Free Press 1831-1922
- Dictionary of American History
The first comprehensive revision of this classic reference source, originally published in 1940, features updated and revised entries ...
- Early American Newspapers (America's Historical Newspapers)
America's Historical Newspapers allows users to search more than 1,000 U.S. historical newspapers published between 1690 and 1922, ...
- Early Detroit Images from the Burton Historical Collection of the Detroit Public Library
Digital database of 19th century and pre-1922 photographs of Detroit.
- Emergence of Advertising in America: 1850-1920
Searchable and browseable database of over 9,000 images from advertising in late 19th and early 20th c. America. The images are taken ...
- Encyclopedia of American Foreign Policy
Essays by subject experts treat concepts and doctrines, policymaking, commerce and science, human rights and arms control, with ...
- Encyclopedia of American Immigration
Encyclopedia of American Immigration traces the scope and sweep of U.S. immigration from the earliest colonial settlements to the ...
- Encyclopedia of Civil Rights in America
The Encyclopedia of Civil Rights in America is a comprehensive reference source on human and civil rights in the US.
- Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History in America
A three-volume survey of more than 400 years of lesbian and gay history and culture in the United States.
- Encyclopedia of the American Constitution
Contains new and updated original articles covering recent concepts (i.e. adoption, race, the Constitution, birthright citizenship) and ...
- Encyclopedia of the American Revolution
A three-volume survey of the military aspects of the American Revolutionary War, covering the period 1763-1783. The alphabetically ...
- Encyclopedia of the Great Depression
This 2-vol. set encompasses nearly two decades of American history, beginning with the farm crisis of the mid-1920s, through the 1929 ...
- Encyclopedia of the New American Nation
Coverage begins just prior to the American Revolution, including the Revolution, the framing of the American Constitution, the ...
- Encyclopedia of the Supreme Court of the United States
Focuses on the substance of American law, the processes that produce its legal principles, and the history of the Supreme Court, from ...
- English Historical Documents Online
Collection of digitized primary source documents covering the period from 500-1914 in English History
- Evans Early American Imprint Collection - Text Creation Partnership (Evans-TCP)
The Evans collection consists of the works represented in the American Bibliography by Charles Evans.
- Everyday Life and Women in America, c.1800-1920
Document collection on women, family and home life in the South and the North U.S.
- FBIS: Foreign Broadcast Information Service Daily Reports
Provides CIA translations of newswires and broadcast services from around the world in full-text from 1941-1996.
- The First World War: Personal Experiences and Propaganda
Full-text primary source database of source material for the study of the First World War.
- Gale Encyclopedia of U.S. Economic History
Designed to answer such key questions as: How has the U.S. Constitution shaped the economy of the United States? What were the ...
- Godey's Lady's Book 1830-1898
Under the editorship of Sarah Josepha Hale, Godey's Lady's Book (1830-1898) became one of the most influential U.S. women's magazines ...
- Great Lakes Maritime Database
Contains the 19th century C. Patrick Labadie collection as well as an ever growing collection of 20th century data and pictures.
- HathiTrust Digital Library
Searchable access to 9 million+ volumes, with full text access to 2.5 million+ volumes.
- Historic Buildings of Ann Arbor
The Historic Buildings of Ann Arbor collection includes over 200 images of houses, churches and other local buildings in Ann Arbor.
- Historical Index to The New York Times (DLPS)
Brief citations to articles that appeared in The New York Times. Searchable by keyword in the title and/or in article main heading.
- Historical Statistics of the United States: Millennial Edition
A compendium of statistics from over 1,000 sources. Contains more than 37,000 annual time series of quantitative historical information ...
- Historical Statistics of U.S.
Includes over 12,500 time series and all descriptive text, an electronic book for easy viewing and searching, and Lotus 1-2-3- files ...
- UM History 265 Paintings
This is a collection of images of historic paintings from the University of Michigan campus.
- History Vault Immigration
Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service 1880-1930; Voices from Ellis Island: an Oral History of American Immigration
- Index to Nineteenth-Century American Art Periodicals
Describes the entire contents (articles, art notes, illustrations, stories, poems, and advertisements) of 42 journals, offering ...
- Indigenous Peoples: North America
Archive of manuscripts, monographs, newspapers, periodicals and photographs on native North Americans.
- Issues & Controversies in American History
Biographies, timelines, background articles, photographs, and maps augment the curriculum-based coverage of historical events. ...
Provides full-text access to the archives of core scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- Labadie Photograph Collection, University of Michigan
The images in this database comprise the general photograph holdings of the Labadie Collection.
- Landmarks of the American Revolution
Zooming in on key locations connected to the American Revolution, this expanded and completely revised edition of Col. Mark M. Boatner ...
- Lincoln Monographs
This growing collection of monographs contains over a century of scholarship on Lincoln's life and times.
- Making of America (MOA)
A full-text digital library of primary sources in American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction.
- Making of Ann Arbor Text Collection
The Making of Ann Arbor is a public collection of resources on the history and development of the Ann Arbor community.
- The March of Time
Docudramas and newsreel-like films of news events from the mid-20th century.
- Michigan County Histories and Atlases
Collection of digitized reproductions of Michigan county atlases and histories as a resource for historical and genealogical research.
- Michigan Historical Collections Web Archives
Provides access to past versions of web sites of historically-significant organizations and institutions in Michigan.
- MLibrary Finding Aids
The University of Michigan Library's Finding Aids site provides access to finding aids or descriptive inventories.
- Native American Archives
TRIAL: Original historical documents pertaining to Native American history and life from the 18th through the 20th century
- The Nixon Years, 1969-1974
Digital collection of documents covering Richard Nixon's presidency from a British, Commonwealth, & European perspective.
- Periodicals Index Online
Indexes over 7,000 arts, humanities & social science journals, from their first issues through 2000.
- Phyllis Lyon, Del Martin and the Daughters of Bilitis
Provides extensive information on the founding and growth of the homophile movement of the 1950s-80s
- Pictorial History of Ann Arbor
The Pictorial History of Ann Arbor collection includes over 400 historical images of Ann Arbor from 1824 to 1974.
- Polar Bear Expedition Digital Materials
This collection contains digitized manuscripts and photographs as well as maps and primary sources relating to the Polar Bear Expedition.
- Presidents: A Reference History
Presents in-depth profiles of each American president and his administration. Includes black-and-white portraits of the presidents and ...
- Primary Sources in U.S. History: Guides to Microforms
An index to numerous microfilm collections of primary documents on U.S. history.
- Project MUSE
Full-text access to scholarly journals & e-books published by over 120 scholarly societies & university presses.
- ProQuest History Vault
Primary sources for historical research
- Public Ledger (Philadelphia), 1836-1876
Searchable online edition of the Public Ledger from Philadelphia (1836-1876)
- Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States
The Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States contains material compiled and published by the Office of the Federal Register.
- Roper Center for Public Opinion Research
The Roper Center for Public Opinion Research is one of the world's leading archives of social science data, specializing in data from ...
Rotunda is a digital collection of critical and documentary editions.
- Saline Area Historical Photos
Searchable collection of over 700 photographs of Saline, Michigan.
- Saline Historic Homes
Saline Historic Homes is a collection of photos of historic structures in Saline, Michigan built up to 1944.
- Saline Valley Farms Photographs
Searchable collection of Saline Valley Farms photographs.
- San Francisco Chronicle, 1865-1922
Searchable access to the backfile of The San Francisco Chronicle in full page images, digitized from microfilm.
- Sixties: Primary Documents and Personal Narratives 1960–1974
Documents the 1960s through primary source materials such as diaries, letters, oral histories, and memorabilia.
- Slavery and Anti-Slavery
Includes newpapers, books and manuscripts from US and European archives on slavery.
- Smithsonian Collections Online
Archive of Smithsonian Magazine (1970-2010) and Air & Space Magazine (1986-2010)
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 1874-1922
Searchable access to the backfile of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch in full page images, digitized from microfilm.
- Students on Site
Students on Site is designed to use local history and geography as a site of innovative teaching and learning.
- Trench Journals and Unit Magazines of the First World War
1,500 periodicals, published between 1914 and the end of 1919.
- U-M Special Collections Library Finding Aids
The U-M Special Collections Library Finding Aids site provides access to finding aids or descriptive inventories.
- United States and its Territories, 1870-1925
Comprises full text of monographs and government documents published in the US, Spain & the Philippines.
- University of Michigan, an Encyclopedic Survey
The University of Michigan, An Encyclopedic Survey is a rich and particularly detailed source for the history of the university.
- Virginia Company Archives
Digital collection of documents relating to the founding & economic development of Virginia.
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
A selection of materials from the William L. Clements Library's rich collection of early Americana.
- Women's Voices: Early Years at the University of Michigan
Womens' Voices is a collection of vividly expressed reminiscences of the earliest women students admitted to UM.
- The Women's Wear Daily Archive
Searchable archive of Women's Wear Daily from first issue in 1910 to within past year: every page, article, advertisement and cover
- World Newsreels Online, 1929-1966
Newsreels of significant historical events in streaming format.
Over 62 million records describing books, periodicals, sound recordings, videos, musical scores, archival materials, maps, electronic ...
- Ypsilanti Historical Society Photo Archives
Searchable collection of photographs from the Archives of the Ypsilanti Historical Society.