Current Page Path
Browse results for: Subject Encyclopedias in Databases
1 - 172 of 172
- Africa Yearbook Online
Covers major domestic political developments, the foreign policy and socio-economic trends in sub-Sahara Africa
- Africa: An Encyclopedia for Students
Based on the scholarship in the acclaimed Encyclopedia of Africa, aimed at college and graduate students, this work presents Africa, ...
- Ancient Europe, 8000 B.C. to A.D. 1000: Encyclopedia of the Barbarian World
This encyclopedia explores the many peoples of early European civilizations responsible for such accomplishments as the rise of farming ...
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians
Provides more than 15,000 biographies of musicians spanning the medieval ages to the present.
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Popular Musicians since 1990
An A-Z biographical reference that focuses on individual artists and groups in all popular styles active from 1990 to the present.
- Berg Fashion Library
Cross-searchable access to Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion online, e-books, reference works, images, and more.
- Brill Dictionary of Religion
Covers a wide range of theologies, religions and religious phenomena on a global scale
- Brill Online Reference Works
Cross-searches many of Brill's online reference works
- Brill's Companions in Classical Studies Online I
Collection of reference books on Greek and Roman antiquities.
- Brill’s Encyclopaedia of the Neo-Latin World
Essential reference for the history and cultural influence of Neo-Latin
- Brill’s Encyclopedia of China
International scholarly encyclopedia covering all aspects of 19th through 21st-century China.
- Brill's Medieval Reference Library Online
Online encyclopedias of Medieval Pilgrimage, Medieval Chronicle, Medieval Dress and Textiles of the British Isles
- Brill's New Pauly
Standard, scholarly encyclopedia covering all aspects of the ancient world.
- Brockelmann Online
Bio-bibliography of Arabic works and their authors, with an emphasis on the Classical Period.
- Building Blocks of Matter: A Supplement to the Macmillan Encyclopedia of Physics
This supplement to the Macmillan Encyclopedia of Physics presents the most recent data on particle physics. Reviews all observed and ...
- Concise Oxford Companion to the Theatre
Contains entries on theatrical styles, dramatists, performers, directors, technical topics, and more.
- Cultural Sociology of the Middle East, Asia, and Africa: an Encyclopedia
Concise guide to culture, history and daily life in these three broad regions.
- Dictionary of American History
The first comprehensive revision of this classic reference source, originally published in 1940, features updated and revised entries ...
- Dictionary of Irish Biography
The Dictionary of Irish Biography, a collaborative project between Cambridge University Press and the Royal Irish Academy, is the most ...
- Dictionary of Literary Biography
Contains full text essays outlining the lives and careers of American and British authors from all eras and genres and summarizing the ...
- Dictionary of Opera Characters
Contains over 2,500 entries on operatic characters, with information on the creator of the role and notable performances.
- Dictionary of Substances and their Effects (DOSE)
A comprehensive compilation of peer-reviewed health and environmental data on several thousand chemical substances.
- Encyclopaedia Islamica Online
Comprehensive reference work on Islam and the Muslim world.
- Encyclopaedia Judaica
The standard reference work on Judaism, with more than 21,000 signed entries on Jewish life, culture, history and religion, written by ...
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, First Edition (1913-1936)
An encyclopedic work on Islam
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, Second Edition
The electronic version of the Encyclopaedia of Islam, volumes I - XII.
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, Three
New edition, in progress, covers Islam in the twentieth century, Muslim minorities worldwide, social sciences, humanisties.
- Encyclopaedia of Judaism
Online version of The Encyclopaedia of Judaism, Second Edition (2005).
- Encyclopedia of African American Culture and History
The Encyclopedia is a 5-volume set and a supplement covering all aspects of the African-American experience from 1619 to the present ...
- Encyclopedia of African American Music
Showcases all facets of African American music including folk, religious, concert and popular styles.
- Encyclopedia of African American Society
This two-volume reference work details the ways in which the tenets and foundations of African American culture have given rise to ...
- Encyclopedia of Aging
Written by experts for a general audience, articles cover topics such as biology, medicine, economics, law, psychology, sociology, and ...
- Encyclopedia of American Foreign Policy
Essays by subject experts treat concepts and doctrines, policymaking, commerce and science, human rights and arms control, with ...
- Encyclopedia of American Immigration
Encyclopedia of American Immigration traces the scope and sweep of U.S. immigration from the earliest colonial settlements to the ...
- Encyclopedia of American Religions
Contains general essays that historically trace the major religious families and traditions, as well as directory listings that include ...
- Encyclopedia of Ancient Greek Language and Linguistics
Scholarly and multidisciplinary encyclopedia for the study of Ancient Greek.
- Encyclopedia of Arabic Language and Linguistics
Comprehensively covers all aspects of Arabic languages and linguistics.
- Encyclopedia of Astronomy & Astrophysics
Contains 2000+ specially-commissioned, peer-reviewed articles on all aspects of astronomy and astrophysics. Updated continuously.
- Encyclopedia of Bioethics
Covering a wealth of topics on the ethics of health professions, animal research, population control and the environment, the set helps ...
- Encyclopedia of Buddhism
This encyclopedia describes the Buddhist world view, basic teachings and practices of Buddhism, as well as its different schools and ...
- Encyclopedia of Careers and Vocational Guidance
Provides detailed facts and current statistics for over 750 occupations in more than 90 key career fields.
- Encyclopedia of Chemical Physics and Physical Chemistry
Covers quantum mechanics of atoms, molecules, and condensed phases; thermodynamics, statistical mechanics, electrochemistry, chemical ...
- Encyclopedia of Children and Childhood in History and Society
This encyclopedia presents the social and cultural history of childhood from antiquity to the present. Children and Childhood examines ...
- Encyclopedia of Christianity
Standard reference for the study of Christianity past and present
- Encyclopedia of Civil Rights in America
The Encyclopedia of Civil Rights in America is a comprehensive reference source on human and civil rights in the US.
- Encyclopedia of Clothing and Fashion
This broad-based set surveys clothing, body adornment, and examines the origins of clothing, the development of fabrics and ...
- Encyclopedia of Communication and Information
Provides a comprehensive overview of universal modes of communication, the media used to communicate, theories of communication and ...
- Encyclopedia of Community
Whether the reader is a student, researcher, or professional in the field of psychology, sociology, or even economics, this four-volume ...
- Encyclopedia of Community Corrections
- Encyclopedia of Crime and Justice
An interdisciplinary source that addresses not only law but also sociology, psychology, history and economics. Entries vary widely from ...
- Encyclopedia of Disability
This encyclopedia represents the first attempt to bring an authoritative reference resource to the many faces of disability. Originally ...
- Encyclopedia of Diversity in Education
Examines the research, policy and practice issues of diversity in the field of education in the United States.
- Encyclopedia of Drugs, Alcohol and Addictive Behavior
Provides more than 700 articles intended for the student and layperson covering the social, medical and political issues related to ...
- Encyclopedia of Education
Offers a complete view of the institutions, people, processes, roles, and philosophies in educational practice in the United States and ...
- Encyclopedia of Environmental Ethics and Philosophy
Examines the philosophical and ethical issues underlying contemporary and historical environmental issues, policies, and debates. ...
- Encyclopedia of European Social History
This six-volume reference on European social history includes more than 230 articles on everything from serfdom and the economy, to ...
- Encyclopedia of Feminist Theories
Articles on all aspects of feminism
- Encyclopedia of Food and Culture
A three-volume survey of food and its place in human culture and society.
- Encyclopedia of Global Studies
Covers both transnational topics and intellectual approaches to the study of global themes.
- Encyclopedia of Homelessness
This encyclopedia is the first systematic effort to organize and summarize what we know about this complex topic that impacts not only ...
- Encyclopedia of India
A four-volume survey of the history, cultures, geography and religions of India from ancient times to the present day. Includes more ...
- Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim World
This encyclopedia looks at Islam's role in the modern world, doing so in context of the religion's history and development over the ...
- Encyclopedia of Jews in the Islamic World
Covers Jews of Muslim lands particularly in the late medieval, early modern and modern periods.
- Encyclopedia of Language and Education
Global coverage of language and education, with special emphasis on multicultural and bilingual education. Second edition, published ...
- Encyclopedia of Latin American History and Culture
Provides a comprehensive, multidisciplinary view of Latin American history and culture from prehistoric times to the present. Covers ...
- Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History in America
A three-volume survey of more than 400 years of lesbian and gay history and culture in the United States.
- Encyclopedia of Life Sciences
Provides 3000+ peer-reviewed articles, images, a glossary of terms, news, and some multimedia files on a wide variety of life sciences ...
- Encyclopedia of Major Marketing Campaigns
The Encyclopedia of Major Marketing Campaigns looks at 500 major marketing and advertising campaigns of the 20th century from a ...
- Encyclopedia of Materials
Short articles covering all topics related to materials. Thematic areas covered include materials, applications, properties, and ...
- Encyclopedia of Modern Asia
Nearly 700 contributors from around the world, including 25 Asian countries, provide 3,000 articles on Modern Asia from a global ...
- Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Classic comprehensive English-language reference source for Western philosophy, expanded to cover all philosophy worldwide.
- Encyclopedia of Polymer Science and Technology
Coverage of all aspects of polymer science, including nanotechnology, imaging and analytical techniques, methods of controlled polymer ...
- Encyclopedia of Popular Music
30,000 entries cover all genres and periods from 1900 to present, including jazz, country, folk, rap, reggae, techno, musicals, and world.
- Encyclopedia of Population
Provides coverage of demographic topics both in the core field and in neighboring disciplines. Encompasses the large-scale changes in ...
- Encyclopedia of Public Health
Aimed at the nonspecialist reader interested in health and medicinal issues, the Encyclopedia examines a broad range of topics such as ...
- Encyclopedia of Puerto Rico/ Enciclopedia de Puerto Rico
A multimedia encyclopedia covering all aspects of Puerto Rican history and culture, including the experience and achievements of Puerto ...
- Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis (e-EROS)
Covers 3500+ reagents used in organic synthesis. Searchable by reagent names, structures, substructures, reaction conditions, and ...
- Encyclopedia of Recreation and Leisure in America
A two-volume survey of the pursuit of leisure in the United States, from Colonial to modern times, presented through 271 alphabetically ...
- Encyclopedia of Religion
The second edition of this highly regarded encyclopedia, intended to reflect both changes in academia and in the world since 1987, ...
- Encyclopedia of Russian History
Providing a comprehensive discussion of the people, politics, economics, religion, culture, and social systems of Russia, this work ...
- Encyclopedia of Science and Religion
Addresses the interactions, contradictions, and tensions between science and religion, both historically and in contemporary life. The ...
- Encyclopedia of Science, Technology, and Ethics
This Encyclopedia considers both the professional ethics of science and technology, and the ethical and political issues raised by ...
- Encyclopedia of Small Business
This convenient and exhaustive 2-vol. print reference source is designed to provide entrepreneurs with how-to information that they can ...
- Encyclopedia of Social Work
Covers all aspects of social work. Topics new to the 20th edition include: demographic changes from immigration, technology, the ...
- Encyclopedia of Sociology
This classic reference has been updated to reflect many changes in society and in the field of sociology in recent years. Articles ...
- Encyclopedia of Special Education
Encyclopedia of Special Education, 3rd edition addresses issues from theory to practice.
- Encyclopedia of the American Constitution
Contains new and updated original articles covering recent concepts (i.e. adoption, race, the Constitution, birthright citizenship) and ...
- Encyclopedia of the American Revolution
A three-volume survey of the military aspects of the American Revolutionary War, covering the period 1763-1783. The alphabetically ...
- Encyclopedia of the Great Depression
This 2-vol. set encompasses nearly two decades of American history, beginning with the farm crisis of the mid-1920s, through the 1929 ...
- Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa
With nearly 600 new entries and 1,000 updates, this second editon reflects the far-reaching changes the Middle East has undergone in ...
- Encyclopedia of the New American Nation
Coverage begins just prior to the American Revolution, including the Revolution, the framing of the American Constitution, the ...
- Encyclopedia of the Supreme Court of the United States
Focuses on the substance of American law, the processes that produce its legal principles, and the history of the Supreme Court, from ...
- Encyclopedia of War Crimes and Genocide
Encyclopedia of War Crimes and Genocide, Revised Edition examines the contemporary history of crimes against humanity.
- Encyclopedia of Western Colonialism since 1450
Provides students and researchers with a much-needed, comprehensive resource on the subject of colonialism and expansion. From a global ...
- The Encyclopedia of Witches, Witchcraft and Wicca
The Encyclopedia of Witches, Witchcraft, and Wicca, 3rd ed updates one of the landmark references on the subject.
- Encyclopedia of Women & Islamic Cultures Online
Covers research on gender studies and the Islamic world.
- Environmental Encyclopedia
Provides in-depth, worldwide coverage of environmental issues. Each article is written in a nontechnical style and provides current ...
- Europe 1789-1914: Encyclopedia of the Age of Industry and Empire
A five-volume survey of European history from the onset of the French Revolution to the outbreak of World War. Alphabetically arranged ...
- Europe Since 1914: Encyclopedia of the Age of War and Reconstruction
A multi-volume survey of European history from the beginning of World War I in 1914 to the present, presented through alphabetically ...
- Europe, 1450 to 1789: Encyclopedia of the Early Modern World
Explores European history from 1450-1789, from the print revolution to the French Revolution. Includes 1,150 articles written by ...
- Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine
The encyclopedia identifies 150 types of alternative medicine being practiced today, including reflexology, acupressure, acupuncture, ...
- Gale Encyclopedia of American Law
Provides current information on more than 5,000 legal topics. Includes completely revised articles covering important issues, ...
- Gale Encyclopedia of Cancer
Includes entries covering cancers, cancer drugs, treatments, side effects, and diagnostic procedures. 2 v.
- Gale Encyclopedia of Diets: A Guide to Health and Nutrition
Covers topics such as dieting and popular diets, dietary concerns, nutritional basics, and the effects of dietary choices on one's health.
- Gale Encyclopedia of E-Commerce
Provides access to the world of Internet commerce and addresses the concerns of those who want to join the ranks of the Internet ...
- Gale Encyclopedia of Everyday Law
This encyclopedia fills a much-needed gap between legal texts focusing on the theory and history behind the law and more practical ...
- Gale Encyclopedia of Genetic Disorders
Provides clear, complete information on genetic disorders, including conditions, tests, procedures, treatments and therapies, in ...
- Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine
Includes information on more than 1,600 medical disorders and concepts. Each article includes in-depth discussion of causes, symptoms, ...
- Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Health
Provides detailed information on mental disorders and conditions.
- Gale Encyclopedia of Multicultural America
152 original essays on specific minority and ethnic groups in the U.S. covering culture, history, settlement patterns, etc.
- Gale Encyclopedia of U.S. Economic History
Designed to answer such key questions as: How has the U.S. Constitution shaped the economy of the United States? What were the ...
- Gale Literary Databases
Simultaneous search of three resources: Contemporary Authors, Contemporary Literary Criticism Select, and Dictionary of Literary Biography
- Garland Encyclopedia of World Music Online
A comprehensive online resource devoted to music research of all the world's peoples.
- Geo-Data: The World Geographical Encyclopedia
The 3rd edition of this comprehensive resource, now published by Gale, provides entries on the physical geography of every country in ...
- Grove Encyclopedia of Decorative Arts
Contains over 3,000 entries covering thousands of years of decorative arts production throughout western and non-western cultures. ...
- Handbook of Translation Studies
Covers all aspects of Translation and Interpreting Studies.
- Human Rights Encyclopedia
The Human Rights Encyclopedia was compiled with special emphasis on the impact of the 1948 United Nations Declaration of Human Rights. ...
- International Dictionary of Films and Filmmakers
Detailed profiles with critical and evaluative essays on major or representative films and film personalities of all periods from Asia, ...
- International Encyclopedia of Communication
Published in association with the International Communication Association (ICA), the encyclopedia contains over 1300 entries that range ...
- International Encyclopedia of Dance
A fully searchable encyclopedia providing access to nearly 2,000 articles on all aspects of dance.
- International Encyclopedia of Human Geography
A comprehensive encyclopedia on human geography. Includes entries on notable geographers.
- International Encyclopedia of Marriage and Family
Includes articles specific to countries and to religious traditions, examining the history of family life within these cultures and ...
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences (IESBS)
Online version of the largest reference work published in the social and behavioral sciences
- International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences
Second edition of the 8-volume IESS. Includes 3000 articles, including wealth and income distribution, economic aid, food production, ...
- International Studies Encyclopedia
A comprehensive reference work for the field of international studies and international relations.
- Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology
Covers the latest developments in chemical technology and related fields. Features include dynamic table of contents and online index; ...
- Macmillan Encyclopedia of Death and Dying
Provides a deep historical and cross-cultural perspective on death and dying.
- Macmillan Encyclopedia of Energy
Articles explore everything from Albert Einstein, seismic energy, and acid rain, to lasers and building design. The Encyclopedia ...
- McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology
Provides thorough, up-to-date overviews of a broad range of contemporary scientific and technical topics, including the latest ...
- MIT Encyclopedia of the Cognitive Sciences
A comprehensive reference work covering the methodological and theoretical diversity of the cognitive sciences. Includes 471 concise ...
- Motif-Index of Folk Literature
Subject index to folktales from around the world.
- New Catholic Encyclopedia
A standard in public, academic, and high school libraries worldwide, and prized for its scholarly presentation of persons and subjects ...
- New Catholic Encyclopedia Jubilee Volume
This supplement focuses on the pontificate of John Paul II and includes thematic essays that present the man and his work. Included as ...
- New Dictionary of the History of Ideas
A survey of the history of Western thought and culture, presented through 700 alphabetically arranged entries exploring the origin, ...
- New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics
Contains over 1,850 articles by more than 1500 of the world's leading economists.
- Online Index to Hatcher Graduate Library Reference Books
Searchable full text index to 7,500 print reference works shelved in the Hatcher Graduate Library.
- Oxford Art Online
Online version of the comprehensive art reference work covering all forms of the visual arts: painting, sculpture, architecture, ...
- Oxford Classical Dictionary, 3rd ed. [InteLex]
Venerable encyclopedic dictionary covering all aspects of the Greek and Roman world.
- Oxford Classical Dictionary, 4th ed. [Oxford Reference]
Venerable encyclopedic dictionary covering all aspects of the Greek and Roman world.
- Oxford Companion to American Theatre
An up-to-date guide to the American stage from its beginnings to the present. Includes people, plays, dramatic movements, and more.
- Oxford Companion to Music
Includes articles that range from clear, concise definitions of musical ideas and terms to extended surveys of forms and styles.
- Oxford Companion to Shakespeare
An authoritative guide to Shakespeare's plays and poems and their interpretation around the world over the last four centuries.
- Oxford Dictionary of Dance
The Oxford Dictionary of Dance offers wide coverage of dancers, choreographers, teachers, composers, technical terms, major works, ...
- Oxford Dictionary of Music
Provides over 12,000 entries and covers musical subjects of all kinds in an authoritative and accessible way.
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
Concise articles on noteworthy people from the British Commonweath who are no longer living.
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Children's Literature
Comprehensively documents and interprets the books read by children throughout the world. Includes brief biographies of every major ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Economic History
International in scope and spanning all time periods of human history, The Oxford Encyclopedia of Economic History includes 900 ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Food and Drink in America, 2nd ed.
Covers the significant events, inventions, and social movements in American history that have affected the way Americans view, prepare, ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Maritime History
Covers the entire history of seafaring, from ancient Egyptian shipbuilders to the nuclear submarines and supertankers of today. Over ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of the Modern World
Provides information about major world developments from 1750 to the present, with close attention to social, economic, cultural, and ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Women in World History
Comprehensively covers the role women have played throughout world history. Includes over 650 biographies of influential women.
- Oxford Music Online
The authoritative standard for English-language music dictionaries, providing biographies, definitions of terms, works lists, etc.
- Oxford Reference Online
Fully indexed, cross-searchable database of about 100 dictionary, language reference, and subject reference works published by Oxford ...
- Oxford Reference: Classical Studies
Full text of several classical studies encyclopedias and dictionaries from Oxford University Press.
- Psychology of Classroom Learning An Encyclopedia
Examines the fundamental psychological aspects of learning such as cognition, motivation, and emotion, as well as individual and ...
- Religion Past and Present (RPP) Online
Online version of the 4th edition of the English-language world religion encyclopedia, based upon Religion in Geschichte und Gegenwart (RGG)
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Full text of the comprehensive reference resource covering the philosophical canon and philosophy from all continents and all periods.
- Sage Reference Series on Disability: Key Issues and Future Directions
An 8-volume series of reference works on multiple aspects of disability across disciplines.
- Schirmer Encyclopedia of Film
Provides a comprehensive and accessible introduction to film and film studies, covering such aspects as production, national ...
- Scribner Encyclopedia of American Lives, Thematic Series: Sports Figures
A two-volume biographical resource for professional sports figures. Presents over 600 entries covering a who's who of American sports, ...
- Scribner Encyclopedia of American Lives, Thematic Series: The 1960s
A two-volume biographical resource for key individuals of the 1960s. Presents 500 entries describing Americans who defined the decade, ...
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture
Includes more than 2,700 signed essays ranging from 500 to 2,500 words, written by subject experts and edited to form a consistent, ...
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
A refereed, open access encyclopedia with in-depth articles on a random array of several hundred philosophical topics.
- Ullmann's Industrial Chemistry
Nearly 1000 articles covering all aspects of the science and technology of industrial chemistry. Features include full search ...
- University of Michigan, an Encyclopedic Survey
The University of Michigan, An Encyclopedic Survey is a rich and particularly detailed source for the history of the university.
- Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Covers the core knowledge from all specialties of electrical and electronics engineering.
- World Christian Database (WCD)
Worldwide statistical data on Christianity.
- World Education Encyclopedia
Survey of primary and secondary educational systems worldwide.
- World of Earth Science
This new title in Gale's World Of...Series is a comprehensive guide to the concepts, theories, discoveries, pioneers and issues ...
- World of Sports Science
Theoretical and practical treatment of sports science including sports medicine, exercise physiology, kinesiology, and biomechanics.
- World Press Encyclopedia
Survey of press and electronic media in 200 countries. Includes number and type of media, press laws, censorship, journalism training.
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of Religious Practices
Worldmark Encyclopedia of Religious Practices presents detailed information on current religious practices around the world, with an ...