Current Page Path
Browse results for: Sociology in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 10 of 10
- Sociological Abstracts
Provides access to the international literature in sociology and related disciplines. Covers 1800+ journals, back to 1952.
- Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology
Over 1800 entries, on all aspects of sociology. Includes introductions to sociological theories and research that have developed ...
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science)
A multidisciplinary database with searchable author abstracts covering over 1700 journals in the social sciences.
- Encyclopedia of Sociology
This classic reference has been updated to reflect many changes in society and in the field of sociology in recent years. Articles ...
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences (IESBS)
Online version of the largest reference work published in the social and behavioral sciences
- Social Sciences Abstracts (with Full Text)
Covers 625 of the most important English-language journals across all the social sciences.
Provides full-text access to the archives of core scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- Criminal Justice Abstracts (EBSCO)
Provides comprehensive coverage of the international literature on criminology (incl. journals, books, reports, dissertations, and more).
- Annual Reviews
Provides access to authoritative, analytic reviews of research in 29 focused disciplines within the Biological & Medical, Physical, and ...
Premier resource for surveying the literature of psychology and adjunct fields. Covers 1887-present. Produced by the APA.
1 - 56 of 56
- 21st Century Sociology
106 essays that are authored by leading authorities in various countries provide an up-to-date survey and assessment of the many ...
- Abstracts in Social Gerontology
Provides bibliographic records covering aging, elder abuse, society and the elderly, and other key areas of relevance to gerontology.
- American Jewess
A digital reproduction of the 8 volumes of "The American Jewess".
- Anarchism Pamphlets in the Labadie Collection
The pamphlets currently digitized comprise a very small part of a much larger collection of pamphlets owned by the Labadie Collection.
- Bibliography of Asian Studies
Contains citations to western-language periodical articles and books published pertaining to East, Southeast, and South Asia.
- Chinese Newspapers Collection, 1832-1953
Searchable access to the backfiles of 12 English language newspapers published in China, 1832-1953.
- Cultural Sociology of the Middle East, Asia, and Africa: an Encyclopedia
Concise guide to culture, history and daily life in these three broad regions.
- Data Citation Index
Searchable descriptions of 1 million+ datasets in all subject areas from 69 repositories, plus citations to publications using the data.
- Emerging trends in the social and behavioral sciences : an interdisciplinary, searchable, and linkable resource
400+ essays on central social science topics. Highlights foundational research, cutting-edge research, and future directions for each topic.
- Encyclopedia of Adolescence
Encyclopedia addressing major issues of adolescent development and behavior.
- Encyclopedia of Aging
Written by experts for a general audience, articles cover topics such as biology, medicine, economics, law, psychology, sociology, and ...
- Encyclopedia of Community
Whether the reader is a student, researcher, or professional in the field of psychology, sociology, or even economics, this four-volume ...
- Encyclopedia of Community Corrections
- Encyclopedia of Crime and Justice
An interdisciplinary source that addresses not only law but also sociology, psychology, history and economics. Entries vary widely from ...
- Encyclopedia of Deception
This encyclopedia examines lying from a number of perspectives including social psychology, moral philosophy, history, business, and others.
- Encyclopedia of Humor Studies
Explores the concept of humor in history and modern society in the United States and internationally.
- Encyclopedia of Media Violence
Provides a comprehensive evidence-based examination of theory, research and debates related to media violence.
- Encyclopedia of Philosophy and the Social Sciences
Provides an interdisciplinary look at the relationship between philosophy and the social sciences.
- Encyclopedia of Social Deviance
Introduces the lively field of rule-making and rebellion that strikes at the core of what it means to be an individual in a social world.
- Encyclopedia of Social Work - Online Edition
Continuously updated, online version of the classic encyclopedia for social work practice.
- Encyclopedia of Street Crime in America
Focuses on urban lifestyle and its associated crimes, with coverage of police, courts and other criminal justice sub-disciplines
- Encyclopedia of the Life Course and Human Development
Examines the human life course from a sociological perspective.
- Filmakers Library Online
Video streaming of over 1000 documentary films previously distributed by Filmakers Library.
- Gender Studies Database (EBSCO)
Gender Studies Database covers the full spectrum of gender-engaged scholarship inside and outside academia.
- Handbook of Political Theory
This handbook reviews political theory from thematic, conceptual and historical perspectives.
- Human Resources Abstracts (EBSCO)
Human Resources Abstracts includes bibliographic records covering essential areas related to human resources, including human resource ...
- Humanities and Social Sciences Index (with Abstracts and Full Text)
Covers 1,500+ periodicals across all humanities and social sciences fields, 1907 - present.
Provides annual and infra-annual labour market statistics for over 100 indicators and 230 countries, areas and territories.
- International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences
Second edition of the 8-volume IESS. Includes 3000 articles, including wealth and income distribution, economic aid, food production, ...
LABORSTA is an international Labor office database on labor statistics operated by the ILO Department of Statistics
Landscan provides worldwide gridded population data available each year from 2000 to 2013
- National Conference on Social Welfare Proceedings, 1874 - 1982
A fully searchable collection of the Proceedings of the National Conference on Social Welfare, 1874 - 1982.
- Pinback Buttons, Labadie Collection
Consists of nearly 1000 pinback buttons covering the topics of Anarchism, Atheism, Civil Liberties, Colonialism, Communism, etc.
- Political Posters, Labadie Collection, University of Michigan
The Joseph A. Labadie Collection contains political posters which have been acquired over the past 100 years.
- ProQuest Statistical Insight
Indexes and abstracts statistical publications from international, US and state governments and businesses
- Race Relations Abstracts (EBSCO)
Race Relations Abstracts includes bibliographic records covering essential areas related to race relations, including ethnic studies, ...
- Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, 1880-1930
Digitized collection of INS records covering investigations made during the immigration wave at the turn of the 20th century in the U.S.
- Routledge Handbooks Online
Over 400 Routledge Handbooks, International Handbooks and Companions on a wide variety of social sciences and humanities topics
- The SAGE Deaf Studies Encyclopedia
Over 300 entries shift the focus of Deaf Studies away from the traditional model and toward seeing the Deaf as a distinct cultural group.
- The SAGE Encyclopedia of World Poverty
The SAGE Encyclopedia of World Poverty, Second Edition addresses the persistence of poverty across the globe.
- SAGE Handbook of Feminist Theory
A guide to the issues and debates surrounding feminist theory, mapping the present and the future of this broad, interdisciplinary field.
- SAGE Handbook of Human Rights
This handbook examines human rights from perspectives including law, philosophy, and its mainstreaming in popular culture.
- Sage Research Methods
Books, journals and reference books on social science research methods. Includes methods map,
- Sage Research Methods Datasets
Collection of datasets developed to help learn research methods
- Social Explorer
Social Explorer provides easy access to demographic information about the United States, from 1790 to present. Create maps and reports.
- Social History of Crime and Punishment in America: An Encyclopedia
Surveys the history and philosophy of crime and punishment in America from colonial times to the present.
- The Social History of the American Family: An Encyclopedia
This encyclopedia explores the role of the family as the fundamental social unit across the span of American history.
- Sociology Database
Full text access to more than 300 journals in sociology, social work, and related fields.
- Sociology of Islam
Sociology of Islam explores modern social, political and economic transformations in Muslim Societies. Volume 1 (2013)-.
- Sociology of Work: an Encyclopedia
Discusses the act of going to work and why it is an integral part of societies across the globe.
- Tests and Measures in the Social Sciences: Tests available in compilation volumes
An index for finding tests and measurement instruments in print compilations, web sites and other resources.
- Twentieth Century Advice Literature
Brings together instructional, prescriptive, behavioral and etiquette literature that defined standards of conduct
- Universal Database of Russian Newspapers
Provides full text of over 40 of the major newspapers or serials published in Russia, the Soviet Union, or its successor states.
- Violence & Abuse Abstracts
Index to scholarly literature of violence and abuse, including family violence, sexual assault and emotional abuse.
- Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Gender and Sexuality Studies
Covers gender, feminist, queer, masculinity, and sexuality studies; and acknowledges the growing interdisciplinary impact of these fields.
- Women and Social Movements International
Collection of primary texts relating to women socal activists around the world, 1840 to present.