Current Page Path
Browse results for: Religious Studies in Databases
1 - 92 of 92
- Acta Sanctorum Database
The Acta Sanctorum Database is a searchable electronic version of the hagiographical materials published by the Société des B ...
- Archives of the Church of Uganda
Valuable source for the early history of Uganda documenting the Church of the Province of Uganda from the 1880s to the early 1980s
- Archives of the Presbyterian Church in Cuba Online
Digitized periodicals, records, documents, photographs, and ephemera valuable for the historical and genealogical study of Cuban society
The ARTstor Digital Library provides over 1.5 million digital images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and sciences.
The Atharvaveda came to be known as one of the four Indian Vedas and is one of the most significant and influential ancient Indian texts.
- ATLA with ATLASerials (EBSCO)
ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials is the full text version of the ATLA Religion Database (ATLA). This database is a collection of ...
- Bible in English
This database contains twenty-one different versions of the English Bible.
- Bible: King James Version
Original electronic text for this version of the Bible was provided by the Oxford Text Archive.
- Bible: Martin Luther translation
This version of the Luther translation of the Bible is derived from the edition published by the Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft (1984).
- Bible: New Testament (Rheims)
This version of the Rheims version of the Bible was prepared by Jeffery Triggs of the OED's North American Reading Program.
- Bible: Revised Standard Version
An online version of the Revised Standard Bible.
- Biographical Encyclopedia of Islamic Philosophy
Covers major and minor philosophers, theologians and mystics contributing to the various developments within Islamic philosophy
- Die Bischöfe des Heiligen Römischen Reiches und der deutschsprachigen Länder
Online version of the biographical dictionary of bishops of the Holy Roman Empire
- Book of Mormon
The electronic text of the Book of Mormon was provided by Project Gutenberg and subsequently marked up at the HTI in SGML.
- BREPOLiS Databases Portal
Listing of Brepols online databases, bibliographies, dictionaries, indexes, encyclopedias and full-text resources
- The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek (Montanari Online)
Online version of the English translation of the essential modern dictionary for Ancient Greek
- Brill Dictionary of Religion
Covers a wide range of theologies, religions and religious phenomena on a global scale
- Brill E-Books
Humanities and International Studies e-books from the publisher Brill, 2007 - present.
- Brill Online Reference Works
Cross-searches many of Brill's online reference works
- Brill’s Encyclopaedia of the Neo-Latin World
Essential reference for the history and cultural influence of Neo-Latin
- Brill’s Encyclopedia of Hinduism
Presents the latest research on all the main aspects of the Hindu traditions.
- Catholic Periodical & Literature (EBSCO)
The Catholic Periodical and Literature Index (CPLI) Online is the product of a partnership between ATLA and the Catholic Library ...
- Christian-Muslim Relations Online (600-1500)
Part one of the online version of an essential bibliographical history of relations between these two faiths
- Christian-Muslim Relations Online II (1500-1900)
Part two of the online version of an essential bibliographical history of relations between these two faiths
- Contemporary American Religion
More than 500 articles cover the broad range of popular religious culture of the United States at the close of the twentieth century. ...
- Coptic Gnostic Library Online
Contains all the texts of the Nag Hammadi codices, both in the original Coptic and in translation.
- Dead Sea Scrolls Electronic Library : Biblical Texts
Online Hebrew transcription and English translation of the Biblical texts
- Dictionnaire d'histoire et de géographie ecclésiastiques (DHGE)
Extensive articles on the history of the Church
- Digital Library of Classic Protestant Texts
Digital facsimiles and searchable full-text, in a variety of languages, of the works of 16th & 17th century Protestant Reformers.
- Digital Library of the Catholic Reformation
Digital facsimiles and searchable full-text, in a variety of languages, of the works of 16th & 17th century Catholic authors.
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, First Edition (1913-1936)
An encyclopedic work on Islam
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, Second Edition
The electronic version of the Encyclopaedia of Islam, volumes I - XII.
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, Three
New edition, in progress, covers Islam in the twentieth century, Muslim minorities worldwide, social sciences, humanisties.
- Encyclopaedia of Judaism
Online version of The Encyclopaedia of Judaism, Second Edition (2005).
- Encyclopaedia of the Qur’ān Online
Encyclopaedic dictionary of qur'ānic terms, concepts, personalities, place names, cultural history and exegesis.
- Encyclopedia of American Religions
Contains general essays that historically trace the major religious families and traditions, as well as directory listings that include ...
- Encyclopedia of Ancient Greek Language and Linguistics
Scholarly and multidisciplinary encyclopedia for the study of Ancient Greek.
- Encyclopedia of Ancient History
Online version of the comprehensive collection of entries covering the entire ancient Mediterranean world, including the Near East and Egypt
- Encyclopedia of Buddhism
This encyclopedia describes the Buddhist world view, basic teachings and practices of Buddhism, as well as its different schools and ...
- Encyclopedia of Christianity
Standard reference for the study of Christianity past and present
- Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim World
This encyclopedia looks at Islam's role in the modern world, doing so in context of the religion's history and development over the ...
- Encyclopedia of Jews in the Islamic World
Covers Jews of Muslim lands particularly in the late medieval, early modern and modern periods.
- Encyclopedia of Religion
The second edition of this highly regarded encyclopedia, intended to reflect both changes in academia and in the world since 1987, ...
- Encyclopedia of Science and Religion
Addresses the interactions, contradictions, and tensions between science and religion, both historically and in contemporary life. The ...
- Encyclopedia of the Bible and its Reception (EBR) Online
EBR offers a comprehensive and in-depth rendering of the current state of knowledge on the origins and development of the Bible ...
- Encyclopedia of Women & Islamic Cultures Online
Covers research on gender studies and the Islamic world.
- Europa Sacra
Information on medieval bishoprics, archdioceses, patriarchates and on bishops, archbishops and patriarchs.
- De Gruyter Online Books
Electronically published books from Walter de Gruyter; Columbia, Harvard & Princeton University Presses; and other publishers.
- Historical Atlas of Islam
Online version of the 2nd expanded edition of this valuable atlas, a companion to the Encyclopaedia of Islam. Edited by Hugh Kennedy.
- Historical Atlas of the Islamic World
Among the great civilizations of the world, Islam remains an enigma to Western readers. Now, in a beautifully illustrated historical ...
- The Hungarian Reformation Online
Full text collection of original writings by Hungarian church reformers, from the 1540s through the 1650s.
- Index Islamicus (Ebsco)
Indexes materials on Islam, the Middle East, and the entire Muslim world from periodicals, monographs, and other collections in ...
- Index of Christian Art
Provides subject and iconographic access to over 200,000 photographic reproductions of Christian art in the east and west from early ...
- Index Religiosus
Reference bibliography for academic publications in Theology, Religious Studies and Church History
- Index to Jewish Periodicals
Index to Jewish Periodicals is the definitive index on Jewish history, activity and thought. This database provides a comprehensive ...
- International Medieval Bibliography (IMB)
Index to articles, chapters, Festschriften, conference proceedings, and essays on all aspects of medieval studies
- Islamic Medical & Scientific Ethics
Citations, some with abstracts or tables of contents, to literature on on Islamic medical and scientific ethics. Database covers ...
- Islamic Painted Page
Database of references for Persian, Ottoman, Arab, and Mughal painted decoration.
Bibliography of Ancient Near Eastern studies originally appearing in Orientalia N.S. Bd. 9; Band 1 (1939 - 1940) -- current (Band 68 (2009))
- The Koran
This is an electronic version of The Holy Qur'an, translated by M.H. Shakir and published by Tahrike Tarsile Qur'an, Inc., in 1983.
- Latin Texts
This collection contains classic texts from Virgil, Ovid, Bacon and De Lille.
- The Leon Levy Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Library
Free online digitized virtual library of the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Library of Latin Texts - Series A (LLT-A)
Scholarly latin texts from Antiquity to the twentieth century.
- Library of Latin Texts - Series B
Supplement to Library of Latin Texts-A.
- Luthers Werke
The complete Weimar Edition of Martin Luther's writings. Consists of over 117 quarto volumes published in full with the exception of ...
- New Catholic Encyclopedia
A standard in public, academic, and high school libraries worldwide, and prized for its scholarly presentation of persons and subjects ...
- New Catholic Encyclopedia Jubilee Volume
This supplement focuses on the pontificate of John Paul II and includes thematic essays that present the man and his work. Included as ...
- New Testament Abstracts (EBSCO)
New Testament Abstracts Online is a product of a partnership between ATLA and the Weston Jesuit School of Theology. The database is an ...
- Old Testament Abstracts (EBSCO)
Old Testament Abstracts Online is a product of a partnership between ATLA and the Catholic Biblical Association. The database features ...
- Online Liddell-Scott-Jones Greek-English Lexicon
Online version, revised and updated, of the Oxford University Press printed dictionary.
- Organs and Churches of Hungary, Austria and the Czech Republic
This collection contains photographs of historical pipe organs in Hungary, Austria and the Czech Republic.
- Oxford Handbooks Online
Database of over 16,000 articles from more than 450 handbooks published by OUP across 13 subject areas.
- Oxford Islamic Studies Online
Brings together current scholarship in the field and promotes accurate and informed understanding of the Islamic world.
- Oxford Reference Online
Fully indexed, cross-searchable database of about 100 dictionary, language reference, and subject reference works published by Oxford ...
- Parker Library on the Web (Medieval Manuscripts)
Web-based workspace for working with Parker Medieval Manuscript Library (Cambridge)
- Patrologia Latina Database (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Contains 221 volumes of early Christian (patristic) writings in their original Latin.
- Patrologia Latina Database (DLPS version)
Contains 221 volumes of early Christian (patristic) writings in their original Latin.
- The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, a Project of the Pew Research Center
Covers issues at the intersection of religion and public affairs in the U.S. and around the world.
- Pew Research Center
Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world.
- Prosopography of the Byzantine World (PBW)
Database for prosopographical reading of Byzantine sources, 1025-1150
- Qurʾān Concordance Online Compiled by: Thomas Milo
The Qurʾān Concordance is a unique finding aid which allows users to identify and localize text fragments, or even snippets, of the Qurʾān.
- Reference Guide to Holocaust Literature
Provides biographical and critical essays on 223 writers connected to or concerned with the Holocaust, as well as separate essays on ...
- RELICS: Renaissance Liturgical Imprints Census
A database of citations to over 13,000 liturgical titles printed in Europe between 1450 and 1600.
- Religion Past and Present (RPP) Online
Online version of the 4th edition of the English-language world religion encyclopedia, based upon Religion in Geschichte und Gegenwart (RGG)
- Shoah Foundation's Visual History Archive (full access)
The Visual History Archive contains 52,000 digitized video interviews with holocaust survivors. Interviewees are primarily Jewish ...
- Simpson Islamic Manuscript Record Archive
From the UM History of Art Department, Visual Resources Collections, Islamic manuscript record archive of Dr. Mariana Shreve Simpson
- Sociology of Islam
Sociology of Islam explores modern social, political and economic transformations in Muslim Societies. Volume 1 (2013)-.
- Tibetan Buddhist Resource Center Digital Library
Includes images of approximately 4,000 Tibetan Buddhist texts.
- Turkologischer Anzeiger = Turkology annual
Bibliography for Turkology and Ottoman Studies
- World Christian Database (WCD)
Worldwide statistical data on Christianity.
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of Religious Practices
Worldmark Encyclopedia of Religious Practices presents detailed information on current religious practices around the world, with an ...
- Yizkor (Holocaust Memorial) Books
Yizkor (memorial) books are an invaluable source of information to researchers as they are often the only resource for vital ...