Current Page Path
Browse results for: Photographs and Pictorial Works in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 4 of 4
- AP Images
Online access to over 500,000 photos with detailed captions from the AP news wire. Includes all photos from US and abroad added in the ...
The ARTstor Digital Library provides over 1.5 million digital images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and sciences.
- Creative Commons
The Creative Commons project is a nonprofit organization offering flexible copyright for creative work. On their website you will find ...
- MLibrary Image Collections
Collections of digitized images of artworks, cultural and historical artifacts, etc., from museums and other sources.
1 - 57 of 57
- Ann Arbor Postcards
The Making of Ann Arbor Postcard collection is comprised of 260 online images.
- Architecture Collections
Collections of architectural images which can be searched singly or in combination.
- Archivision Architecture Images
A rich archive of images of architectural monuments, landscape architecture, public art, etc.
- Art & Art History Collections
Collections of art images, which can be searched individually or in combination.
- Art, Architecture & Engineering Library Online Image Database
Images from this collection are part of the Art, Architecture and Engineering Library Imageworks.
- Art, Architecture & Engineering Library: Lantern Slide Collection
Digital images created from lantern slides showing architecture, cities, and landscapes from the late 19th and 20th centuries.
- Artemis Primary Sources
Collection that includes materials from Gale's 18th C. Collections Online and 19th C. Collections Online.
- Bentley Image Bank, Bentley Historical Library
Over 1,700 digitized images of original photographs, maps, paintings, etc. illustrating the history of UM, Michigan and Ann Arbor.
- Berg Fashion Library
Cross-searchable access to Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion online, e-books, reference works, images, and more.
- Bildbestand der Deutschen Kolonialgesellschaft in der Universitätsbibliothek Frankfurt am Main
50,000 digitized slides, photographs, and book illustrations from the archive mostly documenting late 19th and early 20th-century Africa.
- Birds of North America
Online interactive version (with linked citations, digital images, and full video and sound) of the Birds of North America, the ...
- Broadway Park
The Broadway Park Redesign Project was a partnership of the UM Arts of Citizenship Program and City of Ann Arbor Dept. of Parks & Recreation
- College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters (UM-Dearborn)
The College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters (UM-Dearborn) online image collection contains nearly 30,000 items..
- Design Center Image Bank
Design Center Image Bank contains over 17,000 images related to urban design issues (focusing on the Twin Cities metropolitan region).
- English Heritage Archives
Database of over one million catalogue entries describing photographs, plans, and drawings of England's buildings and historic sites.
- Everyday Life in Thailand
This collection is designed to supplement the teaching and learning of the Thai language by providing a rich variety of images.
- The First World War: Personal Experiences and Propaganda
Full-text primary source database of source material for the study of the First World War.
- Flora and Fauna of the Great Lakes Region
Provides access to selected images and data for specimen collections of the University of Michigan Museum of Zoology and the Herbarium.
- George Eastman House Photography Collections Online
A steadily growing digital image sampler from the George Eastman House holdings.
- Global Commodities: Trade, Exploration, and Cultural Exchange
Collection of digitized manuscript & visual primary source material for the study of global commodities in world history.
- Great Lakes Maritime Database
Contains the 19th century C. Patrick Labadie collection as well as an ever growing collection of 20th century data and pictures.
- Historic Illustrations of Art and Architecture
The historic illustrations included in this project were originally published during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
- UM History of Art Visual Resources Collections
Includes over 70,000 digitized images selected from the UM History of Art's collection of over 750,000 slides & photographs.
- Illustrated London News
A full facsimile run of the illustrated newspaper, 1842-2003. Includes over 260,000 pages, including specials and presentation pieces.
- Image Services Collections
Collections of digitized images of artworks, cultural and historical artefacts, etc., from museums and other sources maintained by the ...
- Images from Indonesia
- Images from Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts
The collection spans some ten centuries of Western illumination, and contains manuscripts from all the major schools, including some of ...
- Jeffrey R. Parsons Archaeological Sites Images
The Jeffrey R. Parsons digital images are part of the Jeffrey R. Parsons collection housed at UM's Bentley Historical Library.
- Labadie Photograph Collection, University of Michigan
The images in this database comprise the general photograph holdings of the Labadie Collection.
- Life Photo Archive
Search millions of photographs from the LIFE photo archive, stretching from the 1750s to today. Most were never published and are now ...
- Lincoln Highway Digital Image Collection
Images of the Lincoln Highway (construction, views, bridges, etc.) from the University Library Special Collections.
- Michigan Daily Alumni Photographers
These Michigan Daily photographs document the UM campus, the community, and the wider world.
- Milwaukee Neighborhoods: Photos & Maps 1885-1992
A searchable database of 638 digital images of Milwaukee neighborhoods drawn from the photo collections of the American Geographical ...
- Muschenheim Digital Archive
Photographs and drawings of William Muschenheim's architectural work.
- UM Museum of Anthropology Image Database
Includes photographs from original excavations, personal collecting, reference books and magazines, as well as images of artifacts.
- Photographic Portraits of American Artists
4,700 digital images portraying American artists of the 20th century. The photographs were taken by Peter A. Juley & Son.
- Pictorial History of Ann Arbor
The Pictorial History of Ann Arbor collection includes over 400 historical images of Ann Arbor from 1824 to 1974.
- Picture Post Historical Archive
The complete archive of the Picture Post from its first issue in 1938 to its last in 1957 - all digitized from originals in full ...
- Polar Bear Expedition Digital Materials
This collection contains digitized manuscripts and photographs as well as maps and primary sources relating to the Polar Bear Expedition.
- Saline Area Historical Photos
Searchable collection of over 700 photographs of Saline, Michigan.
- Saline Historic Homes
Saline Historic Homes is a collection of photos of historic structures in Saline, Michigan built up to 1944.
- Saline Valley Farms Photographs
Searchable collection of Saline Valley Farms photographs.
- Silent Film Still Archive
An archive of original photos, advertising, and other memorabilia from silent films, and a few early sound films (especially those ...
- Simpson Islamic Manuscript Record Archive
From the UM History of Art Department, Visual Resources Collections, Islamic manuscript record archive of Dr. Mariana Shreve Simpson
- Students on Site
Students on Site is designed to use local history and geography as a site of innovative teaching and learning.
- Trans-Asia Photography Review
The Trans-Asia Photography Review is an international journal devoted to the discussion of historic & contemporary photography from Asia.
- Transportation Around the World, 1911-1993
A searchable database of over 650 digital images of air, water, and land transportation from the collections of the American ...
- Transportation History Collection: Railroads
Contains a unique body of printed and visual materials on transportation technology and travel.
- Turkish Life in Pictures
University of Michigan Turkish Life in Pictures (TULIP) image database, brought to you by the Language Resource Center.
- UM-Dearborn Newsletter Photos
UMD "The Reporter" newsletter photos, from the collection of the Office of Communications & Marketing at UMD.
- University of Michigan Museum of Art Collections
Around 16,000 high quality digital images of works in the collections of the University of Michigan Museum of Art.
- Views of 20th Century Canada: The Canadian Architectural Photography Digitization Project
A searchable Image Bank of four collections all focusing on Canadian architecture.
- Vogue Archive
Online access to Vogue magazine (US edition) from 1892 to three months ago, in high-resolution color page images.
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
A selection of materials from the William L. Clements Library's rich collection of early Americana.
- The Women's Wear Daily Archive
Searchable archive of Women's Wear Daily from first issue in 1910 to within past year: every page, article, advertisement and cover
WorldImages provides access to the California State University IMAGE Project. It contains over 60,000 images, is global in coverage and ...
- Ypsilanti Historical Society Photo Archives
Searchable collection of photographs from the Archives of the Ypsilanti Historical Society.