Current Page Path
Browse results for: Middle Eastern, Near Eastern and North African Studies in Databases
1 - 76 of 76
- American Jewess
A digital reproduction of the 8 volumes of "The American Jewess".
- Arabic Collections Online
Digital library of public domain Arabic language content
- Biographical Encyclopedia of Islamic Philosophy
Covers major and minor philosophers, theologians and mystics contributing to the various developments within Islamic philosophy
- Brill E-Books
Humanities and International Studies e-books from the publisher Brill, 2007 - present.
- Brill Online Reference Works
Cross-searches many of Brill's online reference works
- Brockelmann Online
Bio-bibliography of Arabic works and their authors, with an emphasis on the Classical Period.
- Christian-Muslim Relations Online (600-1500)
Part one of the online version of an essential bibliographical history of relations between these two faiths
- Christian-Muslim Relations Online II (1500-1900)
Part two of the online version of an essential bibliographical history of relations between these two faiths
- Classic Arabic Texts Online
Fully searchable editions of al-Balādhūrī's Futūḥ al-buldān and Ibn al-Faqīh's Mukhtaṣar Kitāb al-Buldān
- Confidential Print: Africa, 1834-1966
Digital collection of documents issued by the British Foreign and Colonial Offices.
- Confidential Print: Middle East
Digital collection of documents issued by the British Foreign and Colonial Offices.
- Coptic Gnostic Library Online
Contains all the texts of the Nag Hammadi codices, both in the original Coptic and in translation.
- Cultural Sociology of the Middle East, Asia, and Africa: an Encyclopedia
Concise guide to culture, history and daily life in these three broad regions.
CultureGrams is a leading reference for concise, reliable, and up-to-date cultural information on countries across the globe
- Database of Arabic Literature in Western Research (DAL)
Bibliographic database of Arabic literature in western research
- Database of Ottoman Inscriptions
Searchable database of Turkish, Arabic and Persian architectural inscriptions of Ottoman lands
- Dead Sea Scrolls Electronic Library : Biblical Texts
Online Hebrew transcription and English translation of the Biblical texts
- Dictionary of Qurʾanic Usage
Dictionary of Qur'anic Usage is at comprehensive, fully-researched and contextualised Arabic-English dictionary of Qur'anic usage.
- Early Western Korans Online
- Egypt 2008 Web Archive
37 Egyptian political and social movement websites in Arabic and English harvested between April 12 to May 31, 2008
- Egyptian Amulets, Kelsey Museum of Archaeology
The Egyptian Amulet catalog is a collaborative project between the Kelsey Museum of Archaeology and UM's Digital Library Production Service.
- Encyclopaedia Islamica Online
Comprehensive reference work on Islam and the Muslim world.
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, First Edition (1913-1936)
An encyclopedic work on Islam
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, Second Edition
The electronic version of the Encyclopaedia of Islam, volumes I - XII.
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, Three
New edition, in progress, covers Islam in the twentieth century, Muslim minorities worldwide, social sciences, humanisties.
- Encyclopaedia of the Qur’ān Online
Encyclopaedic dictionary of qur'ānic terms, concepts, personalities, place names, cultural history and exegesis.
- Encyclopedia of Ancient History
Online version of the comprehensive collection of entries covering the entire ancient Mediterranean world, including the Near East and Egypt
- Encyclopedia of Arabic Language and Linguistics
Comprehensively covers all aspects of Arabic languages and linguistics.
- Encyclopedia of Hebrew Language and Linguistics
A systematic and comprehensive treatment of the history and study of the Hebrew language from its earliest attested form to the present
- Encyclopedia of Jews in the Islamic World
Covers Jews of Muslim lands particularly in the late medieval, early modern and modern periods.
- Encyclopedia of Women & Islamic Cultures Online
Covers research on gender studies and the Islamic world.
- FRANCIS (International Humanities and Social Studies)
Indexes 4,200 European-language journals in the humanities and social sciences.
- De Gruyter Online Books
Electronically published books from Walter de Gruyter; Columbia, Harvard & Princeton University Presses; and other publishers.
- Historians of the Ottoman Empire
Online bio-bibliographical reference on Ottoman historians
- Historical Abstracts with Full Text (EBSCO)
Historical Abstracts covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world ...
- Historical Atlas of Islam
Online version of the 2nd expanded edition of this valuable atlas, a companion to the Encyclopaedia of Islam. Edited by Hugh Kennedy.
- History of Afghanistan
Online version of the English edition of Sirāj al-tavārīkh or The History of Afghanistan
- Index Islamicus (Ebsco)
Indexes materials on Islam, the Middle East, and the entire Muslim world from periodicals, monographs, and other collections in ...
- Indo-European Etymological Dictionaries Online
Cross-searchable collection of 11 Includes 11 dictionaries containing 20.000 entries in 150 languages.
- International Medieval Bibliography (IMB)
Index to articles, chapters, Festschriften, conference proceedings, and essays on all aspects of medieval studies
- Iran Data Portal
English and Persian language resource for social science data on Iran
- Islamic Medical & Scientific Ethics
Citations, some with abstracts or tables of contents, to literature on on Islamic medical and scientific ethics. Database covers ...
- Islamic Painted Page
Database of references for Persian, Ottoman, Arab, and Mughal painted decoration.
- Jerusalem Post, 1932-2008
Digitized version of the Jerusalem Post, 1932-2008.
- Jewish Heritage Collection
The Jewish Heritage Collection is an assemblage of artwork, books, printed ephemera, and objects of everyday and religious significance.
Bibliography of Ancient Near Eastern studies originally appearing in Orientalia N.S. Bd. 9; Band 1 (1939 - 1940) -- current (Band 68 (2009))
- The Leon Levy Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Library
Free online digitized virtual library of the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Manar al-Athar
Free images of archaeological sites, buildings and art for the study of the Middle East
- McGill Library's Islamic Lithographs digital Collection
Digitized versions of lithographed books held by the Islamic Studies Library, McGill University
- Middle East Online: Series 1: Arab Israeli Relations, 1917-1970
Includes original source material from the Foreign Office, Colonial Office, War Office and Cabinet Papers from the 1917 Balfour ...
- Middle East Online: Series 2: Iraq, 1914-1974
Offers a broad range of original source material from the Foreign Office, Colonial Office, War Office and Cabinet Papers covering the ...
- Middle East Virtual Library MENALIB
Information portal for Middle Eastern, North African, and Islamic Studies
- Middle Eastern and Central Asian Studies
An index of research, policy and scholarly discourse on the countries and peoples of the Middle East, Central Asia and North Africa. ...
- Middle Eastern Manuscripts Online 1: Pioneer Orientalists
Collection of 303 digital Arabic manuscript volumes from Leiden University Library
- Middle Eastern Manuscripts Online 2: The Ottoman Legacy of Levinus Warner
Collection of 140 volumes of Arabic, Persian, and Turskish manuscripts totaling 45,809 pages from the Leiden University Library.
- Nashriyah: digital Iranian history
Digital versions of Iranian newspapers and periodicals held by the University of Manchester
- Nubian Letters
Nubian Letters is an independent biannual bulletin for Nubian history and archaeology (International Society for Nubian Studies)
- Online Bibliography of Ottoman-Turkish Literature
Free and extensive database of references to theses, books, articles, papers and projects relating to research into Ottoman-Turkish culture.
- Online Egyptological Bibliography (OEB)
OEB includes the volumes of the previous Annual Egyptological Bibliography (AEB) combined with the Bibliographie Altägypten (BA), ...
- Oxford Islamic Studies Online
Brings together current scholarship in the field and promotes accurate and informed understanding of the Islamic world.
- PAIS International: Public Affairs Information Service
Contains references to nearly 2 million journal articles and other resources on public affairs and public policy worldwide.
- Periodicals Index Online
Indexes over 7,000 arts, humanities & social science journals, from their first issues through 2000.
- Prosopography of the Byzantine World (PBW)
Database for prosopographical reading of Byzantine sources, 1025-1150
- Public Affairs Index
Public Affairs Index is a bibliographic database covering all aspects of national and global contemporary public policy issues.
- Qurʾān Concordance Online Compiled by: Thomas Milo
The Qurʾān Concordance is a unique finding aid which allows users to identify and localize text fragments, or even snippets, of the Qurʾān.
- Records of the Hajj [Trial]
Online version of the documentary history of the pilgrimage to Mecca
- Records of the Kurds [Trial]
Online version of this collection of British documentary sources on the history of the Kurds
- Shamaa Database (Arab Educational Information Network)
Bibliographic database covering scholarly education literature published in the Arab world
- Shenute, a White Monastery Codex
Contains 20 parchment leaves written by Shenute of Atripe (also known as Shenoute).
- Simpson Islamic Manuscript Record Archive
From the UM History of Art Department, Visual Resources Collections, Islamic manuscript record archive of Dr. Mariana Shreve Simpson
- Sociology of Islam
Sociology of Islam explores modern social, political and economic transformations in Muslim Societies. Volume 1 (2013)-.
- Textual History of the Bible Online [TRIAL]
Online version of this important resource for the textual study of the Bible
- Turkish Life in Pictures
University of Michigan Turkish Life in Pictures (TULIP) image database, brought to you by the Language Resource Center.
- Turkologischer Anzeiger = Turkology annual
Bibliography for Turkology and Ottoman Studies
- U.S. Intelligence on the Middle East, 1945-2009
U.S. Intelligence on the Middle East, 1945-2009 covers U.S. intelligence community’s spying and analytic efforts in the Middle East