Current Page Path
Browse results for: Humanities in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 9 of 9
- America: History & Life with Full Text (EBSCO)
Covers the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to the present.
- Cambridge Histories Online
Contains over 300 full-text volumes, in 15 subject areas, published from 1960-2014. Volumes consist of historical essays & bibliographies.
- Essay and General Literature Index
Indexes articles in books (anthologies and essay collections) in the humanities and social sciences published in the US, UK & Canada.
- FRANCIS (International Humanities and Social Studies)
Indexes 4,200 European-language journals in the humanities and social sciences.
- Humanities Abstracts (with Full Text)
Covers 700 periodicals in art, film, journalism, linguistics, music, performing arts, philosophy, religion, history, literature, etc.
- IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature)
IBZ is a multilingual bibliography that indexes over 8,700 periodicals primarily in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
- International Medieval Bibliography (IMB)
Index to articles, chapters, Festschriften, conference proceedings, and essays on all aspects of medieval studies
- MLA International Bibliography
Indexes books and articles published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and film.
- Periodicals Index Online
Indexes over 7,000 arts, humanities & social science journals, from their first issues through 2000.
1 - 362 of 362
- 19th Century U.S. Newspapers
Contains digital facsimile images of both full pages and clipped articles for hundreds of 19th century U.S. newspapers. For each issue, ...
- Acta Sanctorum Database
The Acta Sanctorum Database is a searchable electronic version of the hagiographical materials published by the Société des B ...
- Advanced Papyrological Information System
APIS is a collections-based repository hosting information about and images of papyrological materials (e.g. papyri, ostraca, wood ...
- African American Poetry (Chadwyck-Healey version)
African American Poetry contains nearly 3,000 poems by African American poets of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- African Writers Series
The African Writers Series offers access to key works from the highly acclaimed Heinemann's African Writers Series. This series ...
- Alexander Street Video
Thousands of streaming videos including documentaries, news and historical events, opera, dance and drama performances.
- America in Protest: Records of Anti-Vietnam War Organizations - Vietnam Veterans Against the War
Digital archive of FBI reports dealing with every aspect of antiwar work carried out by the Vietnam Veterans Against the War.
- America's Historical Newspapers
America's Historical Newspapers provides searchable digital facsimiles of thousands of titles from all 50 states. The collection ...
- American Bibliography of Slavic and East European Studies (ABSEES) Online
Covers journal articles, books, book chapters, book reviews, dissertations, and selected government publications on East-Central Europe ...
- American Drama 1714-1915
Containing more than 1,500 dramatic works from the colonial period to the beginning of the twentieth century, American Drama 1714–1915 i ...
- American FactFinder
Population, housing and economic census data from ongoing surveys including American Community Survey
- American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language
Free online version with audio word pronunciations. Includes grammatical usage and etymologies with definitions.
- American History in Video
American History in Video will contain over 5700 documentary films and newsreels of significant events in US history.
- American History Online
Biographies of important, interesting, and representative historical figures. Descriptions of events, themes, organizations, places, ...
- American Indian Correspondence: Presbyterian Historical Society Collection of Missionaries' Letters, 1833-1893
Digital archive of letters to and from the Board of Foreign Missions of the Presbyterian Church in the United States.
- American Indian Histories and Culture
Full text database of manuscripts, artwork, and rare printed books.
- American Indian History Online
This database provides access to more than 5,000 years of culture, history, and leaders. 320+ Native American groups are presented ...
- American Indian Movement and Native American Radicalism
Digital archive of FBI files that illustrate the evolution of AIM and the development of Native American radicalism.
- American Memory Online Collection
Digital record of American history from the Library of Congress, including texts, sound recordings, images, prints, maps and sheet music.
- American National Biography
Profiles of more than 18,000 men and women from all eras and walks of American life who have influenced and shaped American history and ...
- American Periodicals (APS)
Searchable, full text of selected American periodicals of all kinds published between 1740 and 1900.
- American Poetry (Chadwyck-Healey version)
American Poetry contains over 40,000 poems by more than 200 poets, covering the Colonial period to the early twentieth century, and ...
- American Women Writers: A Critical Reference Guide from Colonial Times to the Present
Contains biographical and critical essays on 1,328 American women writers covering all genres and all periods of American history. ...
- American Women's History Online
Biographies, historical and topical subject entries, speeches and other documents, maps and charts, photographs, and timelines that ...
- Ancient and Medieval History Online
Covers covers five ancient civilizations-Africa, Egypt, Greece, Rome, and Mesoamerica-from 3 to 5 million years ago to flourishing ...
- Année Philologique Online
Includes citations to Classical Studies articles in 1,500 journals and 500 collections & conference papers in French, English, German, ...
- Apabi Digital Library
- Archive of Americana
Combined access to six databases containing full text of historical American books, newspapers & periodicals.
- Archive of Celtic-Latin Literature
A full-text database of the corpus of Latin literature produced in Celtic-speaking Europe from the period 400-1200 A.D.
A guide to historical records, personal papers, and family histories held in archives around the world. Contains nearly a million ...
- Archives Unbound
Gateway to a variety of subject specific digital microfilm collections.
- Aristoteles Latinus Database
The complete corpus of medieval translations of the works of Aristotle.
- Art Index Retrospective
Indexes older years of key international English-language arts publications, including periodicals, yearbooks, museum bulletins, etc.
- Art Source with Art Index Retrospective
A comprehensive resource for art information featuring full text of over 750 periodicals and indexing back to 1929.
- Artemis Primary Sources
Collection that includes materials from Gale's 18th C. Collections Online and 19th C. Collections Online.
Full text access to more than 2,000 French texts, primarily in literature and philosophy, including novels, verse, theater, journalism, ...
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science)
Index of 1,600 arts and humanities journals that allows searching for articles that cite a known author or work.
- Arts and Humanities Through the Eras
Profiling milestones and movements in the arts, literature, music, and religion from a specific period, each volume in this five-volume ...
The ARTstor Digital Library provides over 1.5 million digital images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and sciences.
- Asahi Shinbun (online version)
Online full-text database of Asahi Shinbun, one of Japan's mainstream newspapers. Contains 7 million articles published since 1945. ...
- Asia and the West: Diplomacy and Cultural Exchange
Digital archive of records documenting U.S. and British relations with a variety of Asian Nations.
- ATLA with ATLASerials (EBSCO)
ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials is the full text version of the ATLA Religion Database (ATLA). This database is a collection of ...
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
Citations to articles from architecture and related periodicals, emphasizing the fields of architectural design and history.
- BBC Shakespeare Plays
Streaming video of all the plays of Shakespeare. Originally broadcast on BBC2 between 1978 and 1985.
- Berg Fashion Library
Cross-searchable access to Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion online, e-books, reference works, images, and more.
- Bertolt Brechts Werke
Selected works of Bertolt Brecht (1898 - 1956) in the original German. All texts follow the "Große kommentierte Berliner und ...
- Bibliographie de Civilisation Médiévale
International bibliography of monographs and listings of miscellany volumes.
- Bibliographie der deutschen Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft (BDSL)
Online version (1985-)of the printed bibliography (1957-). BDSL covers all aspects of secondary literature in the areas of German ...
- Bibliographie Linguistischer Literatur (BLLDB)
Index to international articles, books, conferences, and dissertations in the fields of applied and theoretical linguistics. ...
- Bibliography of British and Irish History
An authoritative guide to what has been written about British and Irish history from the Roman period to the present day.
- Bibliography of English Women Writers, 1500-1640
A comprehensive record of scholarship on 738 known women writers and their texts,
- Bibliography of the History of Art
Combined access to two databases providing indexing of articles and books on the history of art.
- Bibliotheca Teubneriana Latina (BTL)
Provides electronic access to all published editions of the Bibliotheca Teubnerina Latina, including Latin texts from Antiquity, Late ...
- Bibliothek Deutscher Klassiker
Based on the print series, contains full-text German-language works by and critical apparatuses for, canonical authors in the arts, ...
- Biography in Context
Contains more than 600,000 biographies on more than 528,000 people from around the world and throughout history.
- Black Drama
Contains full text of 1,200 English plays ca. 1850-present by more than 100 playwrights from North America, Africa, and the Caribbean.
- Black Short Fiction and Folklore from Africa and the African Diaspora
Approximately 8,000 works of short fiction produced by writers from Africa and the African Diaspora from the earliest times to the present.
- BREPOLiS Databases Portal
Listing of Brepols online databases, bibliographies, dictionaries, indexes, encyclopedias and full-text resources
- Brepolis Latin Cross Database Searchtool
Provides simultaneous searching of four databases: Library of Latin Texts (CLCLT); Monumenta Germaniae Historica (MGH); Aristoteles ...
- Brill Dictionary of Religion
Covers a wide range of theologies, religions and religious phenomena on a global scale
- Brill Online Reference Works
Cross-searches many of Brill's online reference works
- Brill’s Encyclopaedia of the Neo-Latin World
Essential reference for the history and cultural influence of Neo-Latin
- British Politics and Society
Digital archive that documents the development of urban centers and the restructuring of society during the Industrial Revolution.
- British Theatre, Music, and Literature: High and Popular Culture
Digital archive of primary sources related to the arts in the Victorian era.
- Brockelmann Online
Bio-bibliography of Arabic works and their authors, with an emphasis on the Classical Period.
- C19: The Nineteenth Century Index
C19 is a bibliography for 19th-century research
Full-text collection of French and Belgian journals covering topics in General Interest, History, Literature, and Philosophy.
- Cambridge University Press Online Journals
Provides full-text access to recent volumes of scholarly journals in all subject areas published by Cambridge University Press.
- Canadian Poetry
Canadian Poetry has been created and published in collaboration with the Electronic Text Centre at the University of New Brunswick ...
- Catholic Periodical & Literature (EBSCO)
The Catholic Periodical and Literature Index (CPLI) Online is the product of a partnership between ATLA and the Catholic Library ...
- Central and Eastern European Online Library
An online archive which provides access to full text articles from 184 humanities and social science journals pertaining to Central, ...
- Century Journals Project
Century Journals Project (CJP) selects the most important academic journals published in China and digitizes all issues since their ...
- Chadwyck-Healey Literature Collections
Portal to the following full-text American and English literature databases: * AFRICAN AMERICAN POETRY * AMERICAN POETRY * AMERICAN ...
- CHANT: Chinese Ancient Texts
- Chicano Database
Articles on a wide-range of topics in the social sciences & humanities relating to the Chicano and Latino U.S. experience
- China Academic Journals
This database provides full-text access to more than 8,000 academic journals published in China.
- China Core Newspaper Databases
Provides full text access to at least 700 core Chinese newspapers that cover many locations and disciplines in contemporary China.
- China Online Journals 万方数字化期刊
- Chinese Electronic Theses and Dissertations Service (Taiwan)
- Civil War, Parts I-IV
Collection of articles, memoirs and correspondence describing events related directly or indirectly to the U.S. Civil War.
- CJH Digital Collections
An online multimedia catalog of materials documenting Jewish culture and history from across the globe. The catalog currently contains ...
- Classic Arabic Texts Online
Fully searchable editions of al-Balādhūrī's Futūḥ al-buldān and Ibn al-Faqīh's Mukhtaṣar Kitāb al-Buldān
An online collection of books, journals, reference works, etc. on the brain and cognitive sciences.
- Cold War: Voices of Confrontation and Conciliation
Digital archive of oral histories documenting the Cold War.
- Colonial State Papers
Colonial State Papers provides users with access to primary source documents from the sixteenth to the eighteenth centuries. The ...
- Confederate Newspapers: A Collection from Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia and Alabama
Collection of Confederate Newspapers published from 1861 to 1865.
- Contemporary American Religion
More than 500 articles cover the broad range of popular religious culture of the United States at the close of the twentieth century. ...
- Contemporary Authors
A full-text bio-bibliographical guide to over 100,000 current and recently prominent writers in all media--fiction, poetry, drama, ...
- Contemporary Novelists
Concise discussions of the lives and principal works of contemporary novelists, written by subject experts.
- Correspondence from German Concentration Camps and Prisons, 1936-1945
Digital archive of letters, currency, personal effects, etc. belonging to prisoners held in German camps and prisons during World War II.
- CQ Almanac
CQ Almanac contains unbiased, objective and comprehensive summaries of all Capitol Hill activity from the previous congress.
- CQ Historic Documents
Published annually since 1972, the Historic Documents Series now contains 32 volumes of primary sources. Each volume includes ...
- CQ Supreme Court Collection
Provides historical analysis and commentary of Supreme Court decisions, biographies of Supreme Court justices, Supreme Court ...
- CQ Voting and Elections Collection
- Daily Mail Historical Archive (1896-2004)
Complete Daily Mail archive from 1896-2004.
- DARE: Dictionary of American Regional English
An online edition of the Dictionary of American Regional English
- Dartmouth Dante Project (DDP)
The Dartmouth Dante Project (DDP) combines modern information technology with nearly seven hundred years of commentary tradition on ...
- Datapedia of the United States: American History in Numbers
Contains the most significant historical statistics of the United States from 1789 to 2003, with projections to 2050.
Korean scholarly multi-disciplinary full-text database
- Declassified Documents Reference System (DDRS)
Full text of Presidential, Executive Branch, and Congressional documents since World War II declassified under the Freedom of ...
- Detroit Free Press Index
Searchable index of most issues of the Detroit Free Press from June 5, 1837 to the present.
- Deutsche Lyrik
Based upon the print series, 'Die Deutsche Lyrik' covers all volumes of German poetry published within Reclams ...
- Dialnet – Universidad de la Rioja
Indexes over 5,000 journals primarily in Spanish with an emphasis on the Humanities and Social Sciences. It also includes a growing ...
- Dictionary of American History
The first comprehensive revision of this classic reference source, originally published in 1940, features updated and revised entries ...
- Dictionary of Irish Biography
The Dictionary of Irish Biography, a collaborative project between Cambridge University Press and the Royal Irish Academy, is the most ...
- Dictionary of Literary Biography
Contains full text essays outlining the lives and careers of American and British authors from all eras and genres and summarizing the ...
- Digital Library of the Catholic Reformation
Digital facsimiles and searchable full-text, in a variety of languages, of the works of 16th & 17th century Catholic authors.
- DigiZeitschriften: das deutsche digitale Zeitschriftenarchiv
Scores of searchable, full-text German scholarly journals, 19th century to present, covering arts, humanities, sciences & social sciences.
- Duxiu Knowledge Search
Dyabola is a suite of databases produced by the German Archaeological Institute (Deutsches Archäologisches Institut) (DAI). Chief among ...
- E-korean studies (한국학 데이터베이스)
Provides resources in the field of Korean studies, covering all academic disciplines such as arts and humanities, social sciences, ...
- Early American Fiction 1789-1850
Chadwyck-Healey has partnered with the University of Virginia Library, who in 1996 received a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon ...
- Early American Imprints, Series II: Shaw-Shoemaker, 1801-1819 & Series II: Supplement
Provides full-text access to American books, pamphlets and broadsides published in the first nineteen years of the nineteenth century, ...
- Early American Newspapers (America's Historical Newspapers)
America's Historical Newspapers allows users to search more than 1,000 U.S. historical newspapers published between 1690 and 1922, ...
- Early English Books Online (EEBO)
Early English EEBO contains digital facsimile page images of works printed between 1473 and 1700.
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
A collection of over 28,000 electronic books on all topics, mostly published between 1990 and 2005.
- ebrary Academic Complete
A growing and changing collection of 110,000+ e-books in many different academic subject areas.
- Editions and Adaptations of Shakespeare (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Contains eleven major editions from the First Folio of 1623 to the Cambridge edition of 1863–66.
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online
Collection of 18th century books, pamphlets, broadsides, etc. published in the UK.
- Emergence of Advertising in America: 1850-1920
Searchable and browseable database of over 9,000 images from advertising in late 19th and early 20th c. America. The images are taken ...
- Encyclopaedia Judaica
The standard reference work on Judaism, with more than 21,000 signed entries on Jewish life, culture, history and religion, written by ...
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, First Edition (1913-1936)
An encyclopedic work on Islam
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, Second Edition
The electronic version of the Encyclopaedia of Islam, volumes I - XII.
- Encyclopaedia of Judaism
Online version of The Encyclopaedia of Judaism, Second Edition (2005).
- Encyclopaedia of the Qur’ān Online
Encyclopaedic dictionary of qur'ānic terms, concepts, personalities, place names, cultural history and exegesis.
- Encyclopedia of African American Culture and History
The Encyclopedia is a 5-volume set and a supplement covering all aspects of the African-American experience from 1619 to the present ...
- Encyclopedia of African American Society
This two-volume reference work details the ways in which the tenets and foundations of African American culture have given rise to ...
- Encyclopedia of American Foreign Policy
Essays by subject experts treat concepts and doctrines, policymaking, commerce and science, human rights and arms control, with ...
- Encyclopedia of American Immigration
Encyclopedia of American Immigration traces the scope and sweep of U.S. immigration from the earliest colonial settlements to the ...
- Encyclopedia of American Religions
Contains general essays that historically trace the major religious families and traditions, as well as directory listings that include ...
- Encyclopedia of Arabic Language and Linguistics
Comprehensively covers all aspects of Arabic languages and linguistics.
- Encyclopedia of Bioethics
Covering a wealth of topics on the ethics of health professions, animal research, population control and the environment, the set helps ...
- Encyclopedia of Buddhism
This encyclopedia describes the Buddhist world view, basic teachings and practices of Buddhism, as well as its different schools and ...
- Encyclopedia of Children and Childhood in History and Society
This encyclopedia presents the social and cultural history of childhood from antiquity to the present. Children and Childhood examines ...
- Encyclopedia of Christianity
Standard reference for the study of Christianity past and present
- Encyclopedia of Civil Rights in America
The Encyclopedia of Civil Rights in America is a comprehensive reference source on human and civil rights in the US.
- Encyclopedia of Environmental Ethics and Philosophy
Examines the philosophical and ethical issues underlying contemporary and historical environmental issues, policies, and debates. ...
- Encyclopedia of Jews in the Islamic World
Covers Jews of Muslim lands particularly in the late medieval, early modern and modern periods.
- Encyclopedia of Language and Education
Global coverage of language and education, with special emphasis on multicultural and bilingual education. Second edition, published ...
- Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History in America
A three-volume survey of more than 400 years of lesbian and gay history and culture in the United States.
- Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Classic comprehensive English-language reference source for Western philosophy, expanded to cover all philosophy worldwide.
- Encyclopedia of Philosophy and the Social Sciences
Provides an interdisciplinary look at the relationship between philosophy and the social sciences.
- Encyclopedia of Recreation and Leisure in America
A two-volume survey of the pursuit of leisure in the United States, from Colonial to modern times, presented through 271 alphabetically ...
- Encyclopedia of Religion
The second edition of this highly regarded encyclopedia, intended to reflect both changes in academia and in the world since 1987, ...
- Encyclopedia of Science and Religion
Addresses the interactions, contradictions, and tensions between science and religion, both historically and in contemporary life. The ...
- Encyclopedia of Science, Technology, and Ethics
This Encyclopedia considers both the professional ethics of science and technology, and the ethical and political issues raised by ...
- Encyclopedia of the American Constitution
Contains new and updated original articles covering recent concepts (i.e. adoption, race, the Constitution, birthright citizenship) and ...
- Encyclopedia of the American Revolution
A three-volume survey of the military aspects of the American Revolutionary War, covering the period 1763-1783. The alphabetically ...
- Encyclopedia of the Bible and its Reception (EBR) Online
EBR offers a comprehensive and in-depth rendering of the current state of knowledge on the origins and development of the Bible ...
- Encyclopedia of the Great Depression
This 2-vol. set encompasses nearly two decades of American history, beginning with the farm crisis of the mid-1920s, through the 1929 ...
- Encyclopedia of the New American Nation
Coverage begins just prior to the American Revolution, including the Revolution, the framing of the American Constitution, the ...
- Encyclopedia of the Supreme Court of the United States
Focuses on the substance of American law, the processes that produce its legal principles, and the history of the Supreme Court, from ...
- Encyclopedia of Women & Islamic Cultures Online
Covers research on gender studies and the Islamic world.
- English Short Title Catalogue (British Library)
The 'English Short Title Catalogue' (ESTC) is a comprehensive, international union catalogue listing early books, serials, newspapers ...
- Episteme Links: Philosophy Resources on the Internet
A searchable guide with over 17,500 categorized links to philosophy resources on the Internet.
- Ethnic NewsWatch
A full text database of 200 publications of the ethnic, minority and native press. Searchable in both English and Spanish, with titles ...
- European Literature, 1790-1840: The Corvey Collection
Digital archive of rare British Romantic-era writing contained in the Corvey Collection.
- Evangelism in Africa: Correspondence of the Board of Foreign Missions, 1835-1910
Digital archive of diaries and letters and other first-person accounts documenting Presbyterian missions in Africa.
- Everyday Life and Women in America, c.1800-1920
Document collection on women, family and home life in the South and the North U.S.
- Faber Poetry Library (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Contains the works of 50 poets comprising 140 volumes of poetry. The authors are all part of the Faber Poetry list and the database ...
- Faber Poetry Library (DLPS version)
Contains the full-text of more than four thousand poems by over 40 British, Irish, and post-colonial poets of the twentieth century, ...
- FBIS: Foreign Broadcast Information Service Daily Reports
Provides CIA translations of newswires and broadcast services from around the world in full-text from 1941-1996.
- Federal Surveillance of the Partido Independentista Puertorriqueño
Digital archive of documents related to the FBIs efforts to disrupt the Partido Independentista Puertorriqueño.
- First World War Poetry Digital Archive
The First World War Poetry Digital Archive is an online repository of over 4000 items of text, images, audio, and video for teaching, ...
- The First World War: Personal Experiences and Propaganda
Full-text primary source database of source material for the study of the First World War.
Access to 15 databases provided by the Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) using their FirstSearch interface.
- Foreign Broadcast Info Index
Indexes CIA translations of newswire and news broadcast services from around the world. The publications themselves are available on ...
- Gale Databases: Michigan e-Library (MeL)
Combined search of 17 databases from Gale provided to all public libraries statewide by the Michigan e-Library (MeL), including ...
- Gale Encyclopedia of Multicultural America
152 original essays on specific minority and ethnic groups in the U.S. covering culture, history, settlement patterns, etc.
- Gale Encyclopedia of U.S. Economic History
Designed to answer such key questions as: How has the U.S. Constitution shaped the economy of the United States? What were the ...
- Gale Literary Databases
Simultaneous search of three resources: Contemporary Authors, Contemporary Literary Criticism Select, and Dictionary of Literary Biography
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
Provides online access to the complete full text of over 100 reference works from Gale, Macmillan, and other publishers. Includes: ...
- Gender Research Database (GReTA)
Women’s and gender studies scholarship, with bibliographic citations taken primarily from German sources and focusing on Germany.
- General OneFile
Provides indexing for over 8,000 scholarly and general interest journals and newspapers, with full text articles included for over ...
- Gerritsen Collection: Women's History Online 1543-1945
The Gerritsen curators gathered more than 4,700 publications from continental Europe, the U.S., the United Kingdom, Canada, and New ...
- Godey's Lady's Book 1830-1898
Under the editorship of Sarah Josepha Hale, Godey's Lady's Book (1830-1898) became one of the most influential U.S. women's magazines ...
- Google Scholar @ U-M (with U-M Ann Arbor MGet It Links)
Searches for scholarly documents on the World Wide Web, with the added feature of "Availability at UMichigan" links.
- Grand Robert Dictionary
The complete version of Le Grand Robert de la langue française in its latest edition: 86 000 articles, 100 000 words, 350 000 meanings, ...
A collection of prizewinning History books, published electronically. Topics include, but are not limited to, Africa, Colonial Latin ...
- Handbook of Latin American Studies
A bibliography on Latin America consisting of works selected and annotated by scholars. Edited by the Hispanic Division of the Library ...
Online version of the 19th-century American magazine Harper's Weekly, with original page images and searchable full-text.
- HathiTrust Digital Library
Searchable access to 13.5 million+ volumes, with full text access to 5.1 million+ volumes.
- Hemeroteca Digital
Consists of 143 titles which comprise 500.000 pages representing a wide variety of Spanish press of all types: political, satirical, ...
- Hengwrt Chaucer Digital Facsimile
Digital Facsimile of the Hengwrt Chaucer (edited by Estelle Stubbs)
- HeritageQuest Online
Resources for historical & genealogical research on the US & Canada: US census, books, PERSI, war & freedmen's records.
- Hispanic American Periodicals Index
Provides citations drawn from more than 400 journals, primarily in Spanish or English, which cover Latin America, the Caribbean, and ...
- Historical Atlas of Islam
Online version of the 2nd expanded edition of this valuable atlas, a companion to the Encyclopaedia of Islam. Edited by Hugh Kennedy.
- Historical Statistics of the United States: Millennial Edition
A compendium of statistics from over 1,000 sources. Contains more than 37,000 annual time series of quantitative historical information ...
- Humanities and Social Sciences Index (with Abstracts and Full Text)
Covers 1,500+ periodicals across all humanities and social sciences fields, 1907 - present.
- Ideas Roadshow
In-depth conversations with a wide variety of scientists, researchers and authors across the arts and sciences.
- Images from Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts
The collection spans some ten centuries of Western illumination, and contains manuscripts from all the major schools, including some of ...
- Images from the History of Medicine
Provides access to nearly 70,000 images in the collections of the U.S National Library of Medicine.
- In Response to the AIDS Crisis: Records of the National Commission on Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, 1983-1994
Digital archive of primary sources documenting the activities of the National Commission on Acquired Deficiency Syndrome (NCAIDS).
- Index Islamicus (Ebsco)
Indexes materials on Islam, the Middle East, and the entire Muslim world from periodicals, monographs, and other collections in ...
- Index to Current Urban Documents
Guide to the reports and research that are generated by local government agencies, civic organizations, academic and research ...
- Index to Hebrew Periodicals
Contains over 715,000 items, including: 1) The Index to Hebrew Periodicals, 1977 to date; 2) Eretz Israel Data Base (Earlier and ...
- Index to Jewish Periodicals
Index to Jewish Periodicals is the definitive index on Jewish history, activity and thought. This database provides a comprehensive ...
- Index to Nineteenth-Century American Art Periodicals
Describes the entire contents (articles, art notes, illustrations, stories, poems, and advertisements) of 42 journals, offering ...
- International Directory of Medievalists
The International Directory of Medievalists Online is the continuation of the printed editions and contains 15,000 names and addresses ...
- International Directory of Philosophy
Contact information for philosophers, philosophy departments, philosophical societies, publishers, etc.
- International Encyclopedia of Communication
Published in association with the International Communication Association (ICA), the encyclopedia contains over 1300 entries that range ...
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences (IESBS)
Online version of the largest reference work published in the social and behavioral sciences
- Issues & Controversies in American History
Biographies, timelines, background articles, photographs, and maps augment the curriculum-based coverage of historical events. ...
- Iter: Gateway to the Middle Ages and Renaissance
Includes index to citations from more than 1,600 scholarly journals in all areas of Medieval and Renaissance studies (400-1700). Also ...
- Jahresberichte für deutsche Geschichte: Kumulierte Bibliographie
Cumulative index, 1974-present, of the journal 'Jahresberichte für deutsche Geschichte,' an important journal for the study of the ...
- Japan Knowledge
- Japanese-American Relocation Camp Newspapers: Perspectives on Day-to-Day Life
Digital archive of articles published by interned Japanese-Americans between 1942 and 1945.
- Jazz Music Library
Streaming audio of over 130,000 recordings of every jazz genre and time period, featuring jazz artists from around the world.
Provides full-text access to the archives of core scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- Kafkas Werke
An electronic version of the critical edition of Franz Kafka's (1883 - 1924) complete works, "Franz Kafka, Kritische Ausgabe, Schriften ...
- Kantonale und regionale schweizerische Bibliografien
Web page at the Schweizerische Nationalbibliothek (National Library of Switzerland) which provides links to regional and state (Kanton) ...
- Kdatabase (한국학전자도서관)
provides full text and image files of a wide range of topics on modern and contemporary Korea (post-1945).
- KISS (한국학술정보)
This database provides full-text access to 2,500 academic journals published by 1,200 academic societies and research centers in Korea.
- Kokushi daijiten
Online version of Kokushi daijiten, published by Yoshikawa Kobunkan.
Currently 70 full-text databases are available. Provides broad coverage of primary resources on Korean Studies. Developed by Nuri Media.
- KSI e-Book
Collection of Korean E-Books published by the KSI (Korean Studies Information).
- Kyobo Scholar
Korean scholarly multidisciplinary full-text database
- Landmarks of the American Revolution
Zooming in on key locations connected to the American Revolution, this expanded and completely revised edition of Col. Mark M. Boatner ...
- LexisNexis Academic
Provides full-text access to a wide range of news, business, legal, and reference information, including hundreds of U.S. and foreign ...
- Liberation Movement in Africa and African America
Digital archive of FBI documents detailing surveillance of the ALSC and A-ARPR.
- Liberator, Parts I-II, 1831-1840
Full text edition of William Lloyd Garrison's newspaper, published 1831-1865
- Library Literature and Information Science Index (with Full Text)
Covers 400+ library and information science journals, plus conference proceedings, pamphlets, library school theses, selected books, etc.
- Library of Latin Texts - Series A (LLT-A)
Scholarly latin texts from Antiquity to the twentieth century.
- Library of Latin Texts - Series B
Supplement to Library of Latin Texts-A.
- Library PressDisplay
Access to issues from the last 60 days of over 300 newspapers from around the world. The newspapers include the same content and are in ...
- Linguistics & Language Behavior Abstracts
Indexes literature in linguistics and related disciplines.
- LISA: Library and Information Science Abstracts
LISA abstracts over 440 periodicals from 68 countries in the fields of library and information science.
- Literary Research Guide: An Annotated Listing of Reference Sources in English Literary Studies (6th Edition)
An electronic edition of James Harner's guide to reference sources in English literary studies.
- Literaturdokumentation zur Geschichte Ostmitteleuropas
Indexes over 1,500 periodicals and other materials on the subject of Central and Eastern European history.
- Literature Criticism Online
Provides extensive excerpts from critical reviews of all kinds & periods of literature worldwide, searchable by author & work.
- Literature Resource Center: Reference Works
Provides access to biographies, bibliographies, and critical analyses of authors from every age and literary discipline. Combines ...
- Littérature de l'Afrique noire
This large-scale scholarly enterprise gathers together French-speaking literature from sub-Saharan Africa: oral and written literature ...
- Littérature de l’Océan Indien
This Corpus gives access, as completely as possible, to the whole of Francophone written and oral literature from the Indian Ocean, ...
- London Review of Books
Online access to all articles in all issues of the literary magazine with the largest circulation in Europe. Publishes intellectual ...
- Luthers Werke
The complete Weimar Edition of Martin Luther's writings. Consists of over 117 quarto volumes published in full with the exception of ...
- Making of Modern Michigan
The Making of Modern Michigan is a collaborative project involving more than 50 Michigan libraries. It includes local history materials ...
- Mediae Latinitatis Lexicon Minus Online
Online version of the concise dictionary of medieval Latin, an essential reference for European history.
- Michigan Photography
Photographs of people, places, and events at the University of Michigan dating back to 2000.
- Middle Eastern Manuscripts Online 3 : Arabic Manuscripts from the Hungarian Academy
Digital copies of a selection of Arabic manuscripts from the Library of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Budapest
A bibliography of the philosophy of mind and the science of consciousness.
- MIT Encyclopedia of the Cognitive Sciences
A comprehensive reference work covering the methodological and theoretical diversity of the cognitive sciences. Includes 471 concise ...
- MLA Directory of Periodicals
Contains information on the journals and series that are covered in the Modern Language Association International Bibliography database.
- MLibrary Digital Collections
Access to over 250 text, image, and finding aid collections that provide access to over a million digital objects.
- Modern American Literature
Contains excerpts by noted critics on 489 of the most significant American authors of the twentieth century. Each author entry gathers ...
- Monumenta Germaniae Historica (Brepols version)
Primary sources which document the history of the Germanic regions of medieval Europe, ca. 500-1500.
- Monumenta Germaniae Historica (free version)
Searchable full-text edition of a wide-ranging, standard collection of primary sources which document the history of the Germanic ...
- Motif-Index of Folk Literature
Subject index to folktales from around the world.
- Music Periodicals Database
Indexes over 425 international scholarly and popular music periodicals with full text from 140 titles.
Provides performing arts news and databases of contact information.
- Nestor: Bibliography of Aegean Prehistory and Related Areas
The bibliographic entries from previous print editions of Nestor (1959- ) are searchable from this website. There are currently over ...
- New Catholic Encyclopedia
A standard in public, academic, and high school libraries worldwide, and prized for its scholarly presentation of persons and subjects ...
- New Catholic Encyclopedia Jubilee Volume
This supplement focuses on the pontificate of John Paul II and includes thematic essays that present the man and his work. Included as ...
- New Dictionary of the History of Ideas
A survey of the history of Western thought and culture, presented through 700 alphabetically arranged entries exploring the origin, ...
- New Testament Abstracts (EBSCO)
New Testament Abstracts Online is a product of a partnership between ATLA and the Weston Jesuit School of Theology. The database is an ...
Access to 11 databases from NewsBank, Inc., including: Access World News [full text newspapers, 1990s-present]; AccessUN [index of ...
- Nichigai Web Service
Japanese citation-only indexes. Includes two seperate indexes, namely MagazinePlus and BookPlus. Cover all the post-1949 contents of ...
- Nihon rekishi chimei taikei
Online version of Nihon rekishi chimei taikei, published by Heibonsha.
- Nineteenth Century Collections Online
Digital primary source collections of the long nineteenth century.
- Nineteenth-Century Fiction (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Nineteenth-Century Fiction collects 250 British and Irish novels from the period 1782 to 1903, stretching from the golden age of Gothic ...
- North American Theatre Online
A major initiative to provide detailed reference information for theatrical figures, plays, theatres, and more.
- Old Testament Abstracts (EBSCO)
Old Testament Abstracts Online is a product of a partnership between ATLA and the Catholic Biblical Association. The database features ...
- Online Egyptological Bibliography (OEB)
OEB includes the volumes of the previous Annual Egyptological Bibliography (AEB) combined with the Bibliographie Altägypten (BA), ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Economic History
International in scope and spanning all time periods of human history, The Oxford Encyclopedia of Economic History includes 900 ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Food and Drink in America, 2nd ed.
Covers the significant events, inventions, and social movements in American history that have affected the way Americans view, prepare, ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Maritime History
Covers the entire history of seafaring, from ancient Egyptian shipbuilders to the nuclear submarines and supertankers of today. Over ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Women in World History
Comprehensively covers the role women have played throughout world history. Includes over 650 biographies of influential women.
- Oxford English Dictionary (Third Edition)
Current web version of the most complete and authoritative dictionary of the English language, with historical quotations.
- Oxford Reference Online
Fully indexed, cross-searchable database of about 100 dictionary, language reference, and subject reference works published by Oxford ...
- Oxford Reference: Bilingual Dictionaries
Combined access to 18 concise and pocket sized bilingual dictionaries published by Oxford University Press.
- Oxford University Press Online Journals
Provides full-text access to recent volumes of scholarly journals in all subject areas published by Oxford University Press.
- PAIS Index
Contains references to nearly 2 million journal articles and other resources on public affairs and public policy worldwide.
- Parker Library on the Web (Medieval Manuscripts)
Web-based workspace for working with Parker Medieval Manuscript Library (Cambridge)
- PASCAL and FRANCIS
PASCAL and FRANCIS bibliographic databases in exact, human and social sciences, produced by the Inist-CNRS since 1972.
- Pennsylvania Gazette
Full text edition of the Pennsylvania Gazette, published 1728-1800.
- People′s Liberation Army Daily
- Perseus Digital Library
Online digital library of images, texts, and reference works about the ancient Greek and Roman world.
- Philosopher's Index
Indexes books and articles from over 540 journals in philosophy and related interdisciplinary fields.
- Philosophical Gourmet Report
"A Ranking of Graduate Programs in Philosophy in the English-Speaking World" edited by Brian Leiter, a professor at the University of Texas.
- Philosophy Documentation Center Collection
Provides keyword searching across 174 philosophy journals & series, with complete full text for 100 of them.
A comprehensive index and bibliography of philosophy maintained by the community of philosophers.
- Phyllis Lyon, Del Martin and the Daughters of Bilitis
Provides extensive information on the founding and growth of the homophile movement of the 1950s-80s
- Picture Post Historical Archive
The complete archive of the Picture Post from its first issue in 1938 to its last in 1957 - all digitized from originals in full ...
- Pittsburgh Jewish Newspaper Project
The Pittsburgh Jewish Newspaper Project is composed of The Jewish Criterion (1895-1962), The American Jewish Outlook (1934-1962), and ...
- Play Index
Covers more than 31,000 plays published individually or in collections from 1949 to the present, written in or translated into English.
- Polk's Detroit City Directory
Fully digitized version of the 1929 Detroit City Directory published by R.L. Polk & Company.
- Presidents: A Reference History
Presents in-depth profiles of each American president and his administration. Includes black-and-white portraits of the presidents and ...
- Project MUSE
Full-text access to scholarly journals & e-books published by over 120 scholarly societies & university presses.
Combined access to all ProQuest databases, covering many different fields and full text articles.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses
Descriptions, sometimes with full text, of doctoral dissertations & master theses from US, UK, Canada, Ireland, etc.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
Custom ProQuest cross-search of full-text backfiles of 26 U.S. and 32 international English-language newspapers.
- ProQuest History Vault
Primary sources for 19th and 20th century U.S. history
Premier resource for surveying the literature of psychology and adjunct fields. Covers 1887-present. Produced by the APA.
Selective bibliography of articles in the various fields of Jewish studies and in the study of Eretz Israel. Material is compiled from ...
- Readers Guide Retrospective
Indexes older articles from 240 periodicals published in the U.S. & Canada, 1890-1982.
- Reference Guide to Holocaust Literature
Provides biographical and critical essays on 223 writers connected to or concerned with the Holocaust, as well as separate essays on ...
- Reference Guide to World Literature
Contains biographical and critical essays on authors from throughout the world, as well as essays covering specific work or works of an ...
- RELICS: Renaissance Liturgical Imprints Census
A database of citations to over 13,000 liturgical titles printed in Europe between 1450 and 1600.
- Responsa Project
Contains works from the Jewish Responsa literature, e.g., rabbinic case-law rulings, the Talmud and other major codes & commentaries, etc.
- Roper Center for Public Opinion Research
The Roper Center for Public Opinion Research is one of the world's leading archives of social science data, specializing in data from ...
Rotunda is a digital collection of critical and documentary editions.
- Scenes in the Life of Harriet Tubman
Full text, searchable book
- Schillers Werke im WWW
Complete, searchable works of Friedrich Schiller in the original German based upon the print "Nationalausgabe" (Weimar: H. Böhlaus ...
- Scottish Women Poets
Includes full text of some 60 volumes of poetry from approximately 50 poets from 1789 to 1832.
- Scribner Encyclopedia of American Lives, Thematic Series: Sports Figures
A two-volume biographical resource for professional sports figures. Presents over 600 entries covering a who's who of American sports, ...
- Scribner Encyclopedia of American Lives, Thematic Series: The 1960s
A two-volume biographical resource for key individuals of the 1960s. Presents 500 entries describing Americans who defined the decade, ...
- Scripta Sinica
Full-text database of pre-modern Chinese written works. Developed by Academia Sinica in Taipei.
- Shen bao quan wen shu ju ku
- Shoah Foundation's Visual History Archive (full access)
The Visual History Archive contains 52,000 digitized video interviews with holocaust survivors. Interviewees are primarily Jewish ...
- Shoah Foundation's Visual History Archive Online (catalog & sample testimonies only)
Searchable index and sample testimonies from the full Visual History Archive.
- Short Story Index
An index to more than 250,000 short stories written in or translated into English, including full text for 5,000 of them.
- Si ku quan shu (wen yuan ge edition)
- Sixties: Primary Documents and Personal Narratives 1960–1974
Documents the 1960s through primary source materials such as diaries, letters, oral histories, and memorabilia.
- Smithsonian Collections Online
Archive of Smithsonian Magazine (1970-2010) and Air & Space Magazine (1986-2010)
- Sociological Abstracts
Provides access to the international literature in sociology and related disciplines. Covers 1800+ journals, back to 1952.
- Soldier in Later Medieval England
Database of soldiers in English royal armies between 1369 and 1453. Transcribed from the muster rolls and other sources, the database ...
- Springer Complete English/International eBook Collection
Provides online full-text access to over 60,000 books in all subject areas from the academic publisher Springer.
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
A refereed, open access encyclopedia with in-depth articles on a random array of several hundred philosophical topics.
- Super Star Digital Library
- Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum Online
Collects newly published Greek inscriptions and publications on previously known documents. Greek texts with critical aparatus.
- Taiwan Electronic Periodical Services
- Talmudic Encyclopedia
The Talmudic Encyclopedia includes and explains more than 1500 values regarding Halachic laws and terms, Jewish customs and more - from ...
- Taylor & Francis Online Journals
Allows searching across more than 2,600 online journals published by Taylor & Francis
- Teatro Español del Siglo de Oro (TESO) (Chadwyck-Healey version)
A full text database of over 800 plays comprising 68 volumes written by the sixteen most prolific dramatists of the Spanish Golden Age.
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae (TLG): A Digital Library of Greek Literature
A searchable database of all Greek texts from Homer to A.D. 600.
- Thesaurus Linguae Latinae (TLL)
The online edition of the Thesaurus Linguae Latinae provides access to the contents of all lexicon articles published up to 2008 (that ...
Online version of Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus (3rd ed.).
- Tiananmen Square and U.S.-China Relations, 1989-1993
Digital archive of documents that analyze the 1989 demonstrations, China’s human rights issues and more.
- Tibetan Buddhist Resource Center Digital Library
Includes images of approximately 4,000 Tibetan Buddhist texts.
- Times Digital Archive
Online backfile of The Times newspaper of London, England, covering 1785 to 2006.
- Times Literary Supplement Historical Archive, 1902-2008
Full digital version of the Times Literary Supplement from 1902 through 2008.
- Twayne’s Author Series
The Twayne’s Author Series ebooks provide in-depth critical introductions to the lives and works of the major writers of the world.
- Twentieth Century Advice Literature
Brings together instructional, prescriptive, behavioral and etiquette literature that defined standards of conduct
- Twentieth-Century American Poetry (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Twentieth-Century American Poetry is a collection of poetry which allows readers a survey of modern and contemporary American poetry.
- Union Catalogue of Incunabula
This database appears in conjunction with the print edition of the ‘Union Catalogue of Incunabula’ (Gesamtkatalog der Wiegendrucke) whi ...
- Universal Database of Russian Newspapers
Provides full text of over 40 of the major newspapers or serials published in Russia, the Soviet Union, or its successor states.
- Universitatsbibliothek Frankfurt am Main Yiddish Prints
Contains about 800 Yiddish books that belong to the Frankfurt University Library. The texts were printed in Hebrew letters in West, ...
- Valley of the Shadow: Two Communities in the American Civil War
A searchable database with images, letters, newspapers relating to the Civil War in Virginia.
- Very Short Introductions Online
Short ebooks that provide introductions to hundreds of subjects.
- Victorian Popular Culture: Moving Pictures, Optical Entertainments and the Advent of Cinema
Books, journals and ephermera documenting the pre- and early-cinematic years
- Virginia Gazette
Full text edition of the Virginia Gazette, published 1736-1780.
- Virtuelle Deutsche Landesbibliographie
Combined catalog of the online local history bibliographies of the 16 states (Länder) of Germany. Searches can be made in the ...
- W. B. Yeats Collection (Chadwyck-Healey version)
The W.B. Yeats Collection contains the major work of W.B. Yeats in all genres, including poetry, plays, criticism and fiction.
- We Were Prepared for the Possibility of Death: Freedom Riders in the South, 1961
Digital archive of FBI documents related to the Congress of Racial Equality's (CORE), Freedom Rides in 1961.
- Web of Science
Core Collection of multidisciplinary indexes which permit searching for articles that cite a known author or work.
- Web of Science (All Databases)
Cross-search access to: Web of Science, BIOSIS, Zoological Record, MEDLINE, etc.
- Wellesley Index to Victorian Periodicals, 1824-1900
Wellesley is an index to the authorship of articles, and a bibliography of articles written by each contributor, and using each ...
- Wiley Online Library
Provides access to online journals and books published by Wiley-Blackwell.
- Wiley-Blackwell Compass
Provides accessible, informative overviews of current research in eight humanities & social sciences fields.
- Witchcraft in Europe and America
Digital archive of texts related to witchcraft dating from the 15th century to the early 20th century.
- Women and Social Movements in the United States: 1600-2000
Primary documents, introductory essays, and a definitive bibliography on the involvement of women in social movements.
- Women Writers Online
Contains over 230 texts by pre-Victorian women that can be browsed, searched and analysed. Additionally, Renaissance Women Online ...
- The Women's Wear Daily Archive
Searchable archive of Women's Wear Daily from first issue in 1910 to within past year: every page, article, advertisement and cover
- World History in Video
Contains over 1000 documentary films and newsreels of significant events in world history.
- World Shakespeare Bibliography Online
Provides annotated entries for all scholarly and popular materials related to Shakespeare and published or produced between 1960 and 2013.
Combined catalog of 360+ million items of all kinds (books, periodicals, videos, maps, etc.) in 25,000+ libraries worldwide.
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of Religious Practices
Worldmark Encyclopedia of Religious Practices presents detailed information on current religious practices around the world, with an ...
- Wright American Fiction, 1851-1875
Full-text electronic archive based on the bibliography compiled by Lyle Wright. Consists of 2,887 novels and other works of fiction by ...
- Writers Directory 2005
This comprehensive resource features up-to-date bibliographical, biographical, and contact information for thousands of living authors ...
- Yizkor (Holocaust Memorial) Books
Yizkor (memorial) books are an invaluable source of information to researchers as they are often the only resource for vital ...
- Yomidasu rekishikan
It includes: Yomiuri shinbun of Meiji, Taisho, Showa and current issues; The Daily Yomiuri; and a biographical database.
- Zasshi kiji sakuin shūsei dētabēsu (Kōseisha)
Index to periodical articles published in Japanese, including those in former Japanese colonies, and including local periodicals not ...