Current Page Path
Browse results for: History (General) in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 10 of 10
- Historical Abstracts with Full Text (EBSCO)
Historical Abstracts covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world ...
- America: History & Life with Full Text (EBSCO)
Covers the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to the present.
- Année Philologique Online
Includes citations to Classical Studies articles in 1,500 journals and 500 collections & conference papers in French, English, German, ...
- International Medieval Bibliography (IMB)
Index to articles, chapters, Festschriften, conference proceedings, and essays on all aspects of medieval studies
- Iter: Gateway to the Middle Ages and Renaissance
Includes index to citations from more than 1,600 scholarly journals in all areas of Medieval and Renaissance studies (400-1700). Also ...
- Bibliography of British and Irish History
An authoritative guide to what has been written about British and Irish history from the Roman period to the present day.
- Gerritsen Collection: Women's History Online 1543-1945
The Gerritsen curators gathered more than 4,700 publications from continental Europe, the U.S., the United Kingdom, Canada, and New ...
- Periodicals Index Online
Indexes over 7,000 arts, humanities & social science journals, from their first issues through 2000.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
Custom ProQuest cross-search of full-text backfiles of 20 U.S. and 32 international English-language newspapers.
- Cambridge Histories Online
Contains over 300 full-text volumes, in 15 subject areas, published from 1960-2014. Volumes consist of historical essays & bibliographies.
1 - 128 of 128
- Accessible Archives
Provides full text, searchable access to important American magazines and newspapers from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- ACLS Humanities E-Book Project
The ACLS Humanities E-Book Project is an online collection of over 3,300 books of high quality in the humanities.
- Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922
Online collection of texts related to African American history from the Library Company of Philadelphia.
- Alexander Street Press
Combined search platform for ASP audio and video collections
- American Bibliography of Slavic and East European Studies (ABSEES) Online
Covers journal articles, books, book chapters, book reviews, dissertations, and selected government publications on East-Central Europe ...
- American History in Video
American History in Video will contain over 5700 documentary films and newsreels of significant events in US history.
- American Indian Histories and Culture
Full text database of manuscripts, artwork, and rare printed books.
- Ancient and Medieval History Online
Covers covers five ancient civilizations-Africa, Egypt, Greece, Rome, and Mesoamerica-from 3 to 5 million years ago to flourishing ...
- Archives Unbound
Gateway to a variety of subject specific digital microfilm collections.
- Artemis Primary Sources
Collection that includes materials from Gale's 18th C. Collections Online and 19th C. Collections Online.
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science)
Index of 1,600 arts and humanities journals that allows searching for articles that cite a known author or work.
The ARTstor Digital Library provides over 1.5 million digital images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and sciences.
- Atlanta Constitution 1868-1984
Digital, searchable version of the Atlanta Constitution 1868-1984
- Bayeux Tapestry Digital Edition
Online edition of the Bayeaux Tapestry.
- Bibliographie de Civilisation Médiévale
International bibliography of monographs and listings of miscellany volumes.
- Bibliography of English Women Writers, 1500-1640
A comprehensive record of scholarship on 738 known women writers and their texts,
- Bildbestand der Deutschen Kolonialgesellschaft in der Universitätsbibliothek Frankfurt am Main
50,000 digitized slides, photographs, and book illustrations from the archive mostly documenting late 19th and early 20th-century Africa.
- Biography in Context
Contains more than 600,000 biographies on more than 528,000 people from around the world and throughout history.
- Die Bischöfe des Heiligen Römischen Reiches und der deutschsprachigen Länder
Online version of the biographical dictionary of bishops of the Holy Roman Empire
- BREPOLiS Databases Portal
Listing of Brepols online databases, bibliographies, dictionaries, indexes, encyclopedias and full-text resources
- Brepols Periodica & Miscellanea Online
Humanities e-ournals and e-books from the publisher Brepols, specializing in classics and medieval studies.
- Brill E-Books
Humanities and International Studies e-books from the publisher Brill, 2007 - present.
- Brill Online Reference Works
Cross-searches many of Brill's online reference works
- Brill's Medieval Reference Library Online
Online encyclopedias of Medieval Pilgrimage, Medieval Chronicle, Medieval Dress and Textiles of the British Isles
- Brill's New Jacoby
Fragments of the Greek historians online, in original and in English translation, with critical commentary.
- Brut Chronicle
The medieval prose Brut is a chronicle of England named after its first hero, Brutus, a descendent of Aeneas and the founder of Britain.
- C19: The Nineteenth Century Index
C19 is a bibliography for 19th-century research
- Caribbean Newspapers. Series I, 1718-1876
Digitized collection of 18th and 19th century newspapers published in the Caribbean.
- Chatham House online archive
Publications and archives of the Royal Institute of International Affairs
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
Provides searchable online access to the 16th (2010) and 15th (2003) editions of the standard style manual, as well as a downloadable ...
- China: Trade, Politics and Culture 1793-1980
Collection of English language sources detailing China's interaction with the West.
- Chinese Newspapers Collection, 1832-1953
Searchable access to the backfiles of 12 English language newspapers published in China, 1832-1953.
- Chinese Periodical Full-text Database (1911-1949)
- Classic Arabic Texts Online
Fully searchable editions of al-Balādhūrī's Futūḥ al-buldān and Ibn al-Faqīh's Mukhtaṣar Kitāb al-Buldān
- Confidential Print: North America, 1824-1961
Digital collection of documents issued by the British Foreign and Colonial Office.
- Daily Mail Historical Archive (1896-2004)
Complete Daily Mail archive from 1896-2004.
- Dictionary of Irish Biography
The Dictionary of Irish Biography, a collaborative project between Cambridge University Press and the Royal Irish Academy, is the most ...
- Dictionnaire d'histoire et de géographie ecclésiastiques (DHGE)
Extensive articles on the history of the Church
- Dictionnaire Montesquieu
More than two hundred articles to cover all aspects of Montesquieu’s thought, life, and works. Bilingual: English and French.
Dyabola is a suite of databases produced by the German Archaeological Institute (Deutsches Archäologisches Institut) (DAI). Chief among ...
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online - Text Creation Partnership (ECCO-TCP)
The ECCO collection consists of the works represented in the English Short Title Catalogue between 1701 and 1800.
- Encyclopaedia of the Qur’ān Online
Encyclopaedic dictionary of qur'ānic terms, concepts, personalities, place names, cultural history and exegesis.
- Encyclopedia of Ancient History
Online version of the comprehensive collection of entries covering the entire ancient Mediterranean world, including the Near East and Egypt
- Encyclopedia of Children and Childhood in History and Society
This encyclopedia presents the social and cultural history of childhood from antiquity to the present. Children and Childhood examines ...
- English Heritage Archives
Database of over one million catalogue entries describing photographs, plans, and drawings of England's buildings and historic sites.
- Essay and General Literature Index
Indexes articles in books (anthologies and essay collections) in the humanities and social sciences published in the US, UK & Canada.
- Europa Sacra
Information on medieval bishoprics, archdioceses, patriarchates and on bishops, archbishops and patriarchs.
- FBIS: Foreign Broadcast Information Service Daily Reports
Provides CIA translations of newswires and broadcast services from around the world in full-text from 1941-1996.
- Feminae: Medieval Women and Gender Index
Indexes articles, reviews, and essays about women, sexuality, and gender during the Middle Ages.
- The First World War: Personal Experiences and Propaganda
Full-text primary source database of source material for the study of the First World War.
- Foreign Office Files for China, 1919-1980
- Foreign Office Files for India, Pakistan and Afghanistan, 1947-1980
UK government files on the political and social history of India, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Foreign Relations between Latin American and the Caribbean States, 1930-1944
Digital US Department of State records relating to Latin America and the Caribbean
- Foreign Relations between the U.S. and Latin America and the Caribbean States, 1930-1944
Digital U.S. Department of State records relating to the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean
- Fragmente der Griechischen Historiker Part I-III
Original edition of the standard text of Greek historians whose lost works are quoted elsewhere.
- Fragmente der Griechischen Historiker Part IV
Supplement to Die Fragmente der Griechischen Historiker.
- Fragmente der Griechischen Historiker Part V
Supplement to Die Fragmente der Griechischen Historiker.
- FRANCIS (International Humanities and Social Studies)
Indexes 4,200 European-language journals in the humanities and social sciences.
- Gender Research Database (GReTA)
Women’s and gender studies scholarship, with bibliographic citations taken primarily from German sources and focusing on Germany.
- Global Commodities: Trade, Exploration, and Cultural Exchange
Collection of digitized manuscript & visual primary source material for the study of global commodities in world history.
- Hamparzoum Arzoumanian Papers, 1896-1910
Hamparzoum Arzoumanian Archives in the Special Collections Library of the University of Michigan.
- HathiTrust Digital Library
Searchable access to 13.5 million+ volumes, with full text access to 5.1 million+ volumes.
- Hispanic American Periodicals Index
Provides citations drawn from more than 400 journals, primarily in Spanish or English, which cover Latin America, the Caribbean, and ...
- History of Afghanistan
Online version of the English edition of Sirāj al-tavārīkh or The History of Afghanistan
- History Vault Immigration
Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service 1880-1930; Voices from Ellis Island: an Oral History of American Immigration
- Humanities and Social Sciences Index (with Abstracts and Full Text)
Covers 1,500+ periodicals across all humanities and social sciences fields, 1907 - present.
- Images from Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts
The collection spans some ten centuries of Western illumination, and contains manuscripts from all the major schools, including some of ...
- Images from the History of Medicine
Provides access to nearly 70,000 images in the collections of the U.S National Library of Medicine.
- Index Islamicus (Ebsco)
Indexes materials on Islam, the Middle East, and the entire Muslim world from periodicals, monographs, and other collections in ...
- Index Religiosus
Reference bibliography for academic publications in Theology, Religious Studies and Church History
- International Directory of Medievalists
The International Directory of Medievalists Online is the continuation of the printed editions and contains 15,000 names and addresses ...
- Irish Times, 1859-2012
Digitized versions of The Irish Times (1859-2012) and the Weekly Irish Times (1876-1958).
- Jahresberichte für deutsche Geschichte: Kumulierte Bibliographie
Cumulative index, 1974-present, of the journal 'Jahresberichte für deutsche Geschichte,' an important journal for the study of the ...
Provides full-text access to the archives of core scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- Kantonale und regionale schweizerische Bibliografien
Web page at the Schweizerische Nationalbibliothek (National Library of Switzerland) which provides links to regional and state (Kanton) ...
- Late Qing Dynasty Periodical Full-text Database (1833-1911) [晚清期刊全文数据库]
- Latin American Anarchist and Labour Periodicals
Digital archive of periodicals pertaining to the anarchist and anarcho-syndicalist period in the history of Latin American labor movements.
- Lexicons of Early Modern English (LEME)
Historical database of lexicons from circa 1400-1702.
Digital version of The Lily, the first newspaper for women, published from 1849 to 1856.
- Literaturdokumentation zur Geschichte Ostmitteleuropas
Indexes over 1,500 periodicals and other materials on the subject of Central and Eastern European history.
- Loeb Classical Library
250 ancient Greek and Latin authors in original language and in English translation.
- The March of Time
Docudramas and newsreel-like films of news events from the mid-20th century.
- Mediae Latinitatis Lexicon Minus Online
Online version of the concise dictionary of medieval Latin, an essential reference for European history.
- Medieval Realms
Medieval Realms is a comprehensive collection of original source material for the Middle Ages in Britain.
- Michigan Law School History Collection
The Michigan Law School History Collection is comprised of resources relating to the history of the University of Michigan Law School.
- Middle Eastern Manuscripts Online 1: Pioneer Orientalists
Collection of 303 digital Arabic manuscript volumes from Leiden University Library
- Middle Eastern Manuscripts Online 2: The Ottoman Legacy of Levinus Warner
Collection of 140 volumes of Arabic, Persian, and Turskish manuscripts totaling 45,809 pages from the Leiden University Library.
- The Minutes of the Shanghai Municipal Council, 1854-1943
Digitized minutes of meetings held by the Board of Directors of the Shanghai Municipal Council from July 1854 to Dec 1943
- Monumenta Germaniae Historica (Brepols version)
Primary sources which document the history of the Germanic regions of medieval Europe, ca. 500-1500.
- Monumenta Germaniae Historica (free version)
Searchable full-text edition of a wide-ranging, standard collection of primary sources which document the history of the Germanic ...
- Narcotic Addiction and Mental Health: The Clinical Papers of Lawrence Kolb Sr.
Digital archive of correspondence, reports, documents clippings, reprints and photos.
- National Palace Museum Collections Online
- Nestor: Bibliography of Aegean Prehistory and Related Areas
The bibliographic entries from previous print editions of Nestor (1959- ) are searchable from this website. There are currently over ...
- New Dictionary of the History of Ideas
A survey of the history of Western thought and culture, presented through 700 alphabetically arranged entries exploring the origin, ...
- Nihon rekishi chimei taikei
Online version of Nihon rekishi chimei taikei, published by Heibonsha.
- North China Herald Online
Digitized English-language Shanghai newspaper, 1850-1940.
- Online Egyptological Bibliography (OEB)
OEB includes the volumes of the previous Annual Egyptological Bibliography (AEB) combined with the Bibliographie Altägypten (BA), ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Economic History
International in scope and spanning all time periods of human history, The Oxford Encyclopedia of Economic History includes 900 ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Maritime History
Covers the entire history of seafaring, from ancient Egyptian shipbuilders to the nuclear submarines and supertankers of today. Over ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Women in World History
Comprehensively covers the role women have played throughout world history. Includes over 650 biographies of influential women.
- Oxford Handbooks Online
Database of over 16,000 articles from more than 450 handbooks published by OUP across 13 subject areas.
- Oxford Reference Online
Fully indexed, cross-searchable database of about 100 dictionary, language reference, and subject reference works published by Oxford ...
- Parker Library on the Web (Medieval Manuscripts)
Web-based workspace for working with Parker Medieval Manuscript Library (Cambridge)
- Perseus Digital Library
Online digital library of images, texts, and reference works about the ancient Greek and Roman world.
- Phyllis Lyon, Del Martin and the Daughters of Bilitis
Provides extensive information on the founding and growth of the homophile movement of the 1950s-80s
- Picture Post Historical Archive
The complete archive of the Picture Post from its first issue in 1938 to its last in 1957 - all digitized from originals in full ...
- Project MUSE
Full-text access to scholarly journals & e-books published by over 120 scholarly societies & university presses.
- Prosopography of the Byzantine World (PBW)
Database for prosopographical reading of Byzantine sources, 1025-1150
- Public Ledger (Philadelphia), 1836-1876
Searchable online edition of the Public Ledger from Philadelphia (1836-1876)
- Readers Guide Retrospective
Indexes older articles from 240 periodicals published in the U.S. & Canada, 1890-1982.
- Rosenberg Letters
The 105 letters in this collection document the experience of a German Jewish family before, during and after WWII.
- Routledge Handbooks Online
Over 400 Routledge Handbooks, International Handbooks and Companions on a wide variety of social sciences and humanities topics
- The Savings and Loan Crisis: Loss of Public Trust and the Federal Bailout, 1989-1993
Digital archive of studies, analyses, testimony, talking points & news clippings which detail the origins of the S&L crisis.
- Scotsman, 1817-1950
Digitized version of the Scotsman (Great Britain) newspaper, 1817-1950
- Sixties: Primary Documents and Personal Narratives 1960–1974
Documents the 1960s through primary source materials such as diaries, letters, oral histories, and memorabilia.
- Slavery and Anti-Slavery
Includes newpapers, books and manuscripts from US and European archives on slavery.
- Soldier in Later Medieval England
Database of soldiers in English royal armies between 1369 and 1453. Transcribed from the muster rolls and other sources, the database ...
- Special Collections Image Bank
The Special Collections Image Bank is a repository intended to capture the digitized images of materials in the public domain.
- Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum Online
Collects newly published Greek inscriptions and publications on previously known documents. Greek texts with critical aparatus.
- Times Digital Archive
Online backfile of The Times newspaper of London, England, covering 1785 to 2006.
- Translated Texts for Historians E-Library
English translations of key historical sources from the time of late antiquity and the early middle ages.
- Trench Journals and Unit Magazines of the First World War
1,500 periodicals, published between 1914 and the end of 1919.
- Twentieth Century Advice Literature
Brings together instructional, prescriptive, behavioral and etiquette literature that defined standards of conduct
- Virtuelle Deutsche Landesbibliographie
Combined catalog of the online local history bibliographies of the 16 states (Länder) of Germany. Searches can be made in the ...
- Wellesley Index to Victorian Periodicals, 1824-1900
Wellesley is an index to the authorship of articles, and a bibliography of articles written by each contributor, and using each ...
- World History in Video
Contains over 1000 documentary films and newsreels of significant events in world history.
- World Newsreels Online, 1929-1966
Newsreels of significant historical events in streaming format.
Combined catalog of 2 billion items of all kinds (books, periodicals, videos, maps, etc.) in 10,000 libraries worldwide.