MLibrary Browse results for History (General) in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 10 of 10
- Historical Abstracts (EBSCO)
Historical Abstracts covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world ...
- America: History & Life (EBSCO)
America: History & Life is an index of literature covering the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to ...
- Année Philologique Online
Includes citations to Classical Studies articles in 1,500 journals and 500 collections & conference papers in French, English, German, ...
- International Medieval Bibliography (IMB)
Lists articles, notes, etc. in journals, Festschriften, conference proceedings, and collected essays on all aspects of medieval studies ...
- Iter: Gateway to the Middle Ages and Renaissance
Includes index to citations from more than 1,600 scholarly journals in all areas of Medieval and Renaissance studies (400-1700). Also ...
- Bibliography of British and Irish History
An authoritative guide to what has been written about British and Irish history from the Roman period to the present day.
- Gerritsen Collection: Women's History Online 1543-1945
The Gerritsen curators gathered more than 4,700 publications from continental Europe, the U.S., the United Kingdom, Canada, and New ...
- Periodicals Index Online
An index to over 14 million articles in more than 4,250 humanities and social science journals, from their first issues through 1995. ...
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
Complete full-text backfiles of thirteen U.S. and seven international newspapers.
- Cambridge Histories Online
Contains 250 full-text volumes, in 15 subject areas, published since 1960, equating to approximately 196,000 pages. In addition to ...
1 - 85 of 85
- Accessible Archives
Provides full text, searchable access to important American magazines and newspapers from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- ACLS Humanities E-Book Project
The ACLS Humanities E-Book Project is an online collection of over 3,300 books of high quality in the humanities.
- Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922
Online collection of texts related to African American history from the Library Company of Philadelphia.
- American Bibliography of Slavic and East European Studies (ABSEES) Online
Covers journal articles, books, book chapters, book reviews, dissertations, and selected government publications on East-Central Europe ...
- American History in Video
American History in Video will contain over 5700 documentary films and newsreels of significant events in US history.
- Ancient and Medieval History Online
Covers covers five ancient civilizations-Africa, Egypt, Greece, Rome, and Mesoamerica-from 3 to 5 million years ago to flourishing ...
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science)
Index of 1,100 arts and humanities journals that allows searching for articles that cite a known author or work.
- Atlanta Constitution 1868-1945
Digital, searchable version of the Atlanta Constitution 1868-1945
- Bibliographie de Civilisation Médiévale
International bibliography of monographs and listings of miscellany volumes.
- Bibliography of English Women Writers, 1500-1640
A comprehensive record of scholarship on 738 known women writers and their texts,
- Bildbestand der Deutschen Kolonialgesellschaft in der Universitätsbibliothek Frankfurt am Main
50,000 digitized slides, photographs, and book illustrations from the archive mostly documenting late 19th and early 20th-century Africa.
- Biography in Context
Contains more than 440,000 biographies on more than 340,000 people from around the world and throughout history.
- Brepols Periodica & Miscellanea Online
Humanities e-ournals and e-books from the publisher Brepols, specializing in classics and medieval studies.
- Brill E-Books
Humanities and International Studies e-books from the publisher Brill, 2007 - present.
- Brill Online Reference Works
Crosssearches Brill's online reference works in Classical Studies, Jewish Studies, and Near Eastern Studies.
- Brill's Medieval Reference Library Online
Online encyclopedias of Medieval Pilgrimage, Medieval Chronicle, Medieval Dress and Textiles of the British Isles
- Brill's New Jacoby
Fragments of the Greek historians online, in original and in English translation, with critical commentary.
- Brut Chronicle
The medieval prose Brut is a chronicle of England named after its first hero, Brutus, a descendent of Aeneas and the founder of Britain.
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
Provides searchable online access to the 16th (2010) and 15th (2003) editions of the standard style manual, as well as a downloadable ...
- Deutsche National Bibliothek: Kataloge
Homepage of the German National Library 'Catalogs and Collections' page. Provides links to the following databases and catalogs: ...
- Dictionary of Irish Biography
The Dictionary of Irish Biography, a collaborative project between Cambridge University Press and the Royal Irish Academy, is the most ...
Dyabola is a suite of databases produced by the German Archaeological Institute (Deutsches Archäologisches Institut) (DAI). Chief among ...
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online - Text Creation Partnership (ECCO-TCP)
The ECCO collection consists of the works represented in the English Short Title Catalogue between 1701 and 1800.
- Encyclopaedia of the Qur’ān Online
Encyclopaedic dictionary of qur'ānic terms, concepts, personalities, place names, cultural history and exegesis.
- Encyclopedia of Children and Childhood in History and Society
This encyclopedia presents the social and cultural history of childhood from antiquity to the present. Children and Childhood examines ...
- English Heritage Archives
Database of over one million catalogue entries describing photographs, plans, and drawings of England's buildings and historic sites.
- Essay and General Literature Index
Indexes articles in books (anthologies and essay collections) in the humanities and social sciences published in the US, UK & Canada.
- Europa Sacra
Information on medieval bishoprics, archdioceses, patriarchates and on bishops, archbishops and patriarchs.
- FBIS: Foreign Broadcast Information Service Daily Reports
Provides CIA translations of newswires and broadcast services from around the world in full-text from 1941-1996.
- Feminae: Medieval Women and Gender Index
Indexes articles, reviews, and essays about women, sexuality, and gender during the Middle Ages.
- Fragmente der Griechischen Historiker Part I-III
Original edition of the standard text of Greek historians whose lost works are quoted elsewhere.
- Fragmente der Griechischen Historiker Part IV
Supplement to Die Fragmente der Griechischen Historiker.
- Fragmente der Griechischen Historiker Part V
Supplement to Die Fragmente der Griechischen Historiker.
- FRANCIS (International Humanities and Social Studies)
Indexes 4,200 European-language journals in the humanities and social sciences.
- Gender Research Database (GReTA)
Women’s and gender studies scholarship, with bibliographic citations taken primarily from German sources and focusing on Germany.
- HathiTrust Digital Library
Searchable access to 9 million+ volumes, with full text access to 2.5 million+ volumes.
- Hispanic American Periodicals Index
Provides citations drawn from more than 400 journals, primarily in Spanish or English, which cover Latin America, the Caribbean, and ...
- Humanities and Social Sciences Index (with Abstracts and Full Text)
Covers 1,500+ periodicals across all humanities and social sciences fields, 1907 - present.
- Images from Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts
The collection spans some ten centuries of Western illumination, and contains manuscripts from all the major schools, including some of ...
- Images from the History of Medicine
Images from the History of Medicine provides access to nearly 70,000 images in the collections of the U.S National Library of Medicine, ...
- Index Islamicus (Ebsco)
Indexes materials on Islam, the Middle East, and the entire Muslim world from periodicals, monographs, and other collections in ...
- International Directory of Medievalists
The International Directory of Medievalists Online is the continuation of the printed editions and contains 15,000 names and addresses ...
- International Encyclopaedia for the Middle Ages
International, peer-reviewed encyclopedia of the middle ages in Europe an its environs.
- Irish Times, 1859-2008
Digitized versions of The Irish Times (1859-2008) and the Weekly Irish Times (1876-1958).
- Jahresberichte für deutsche Geschichte: Kumulierte Bibliographie
Cumulative index, 1974-present, of the journal 'Jahresberichte für deutsche Geschichte,' an important journal for the study of the ...
Provides full-text access to the archives of core scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- Kantonale und regionale schweizerische Bibliografien
Web page at the Schweizerische Nationalbibliothek (National Library of Switzerland) which provides links to regional and state (Kanton) ...
- Lexikon des Mittelalters
Enhanced online version of the Medieval Studies encyclopedia Lexikon des Mittelalters.
Digital version of The Lily, the first newspaper for women, published from 1849 to 1856.
- Literaturdokumentation zur Geschichte Ostmitteleuropas
Indexes over 1,500 periodicals and other materials on the subject of Central and Eastern European history.
- The March of Time
Docudramas and newsreel-like films of news events from the mid-20th century.
- Medieval Realms
Medieval Realms is a comprehensive collection of original source material for the Middle Ages in Britain. It contains images of ...
- Middle Eastern Manuscripts Online 1: Pioneer Orientalists
Collection of 303 digital Arabic manuscript volumes from Leiden University Library
- Middle Eastern Manuscripts Online 2: The Ottoman Legacy of Levinus Warner
Collection of 140 volumes of Arabic, Persian, and Turskish manuscripts totaling 45,809 pages from the Leiden University Library.
- Monumenta Germaniae Historica (Brepols version)
Primary sources which document the history of the Germanic regions of medieval Europe, ca. 500-1500.
- Monumenta Germaniae Historica (free version)
Searchable full-text edition of a wide-ranging, standard collection of primary sources which document the history of the Germanic ...
- Nestor: Bibliography of Aegean Prehistory and Related Areas
The bibliographic entries from previous print editions of Nestor (1959- ) are searchable from this website. There are currently over ...
- New Dictionary of the History of Ideas
A survey of the history of Western thought and culture, presented through 700 alphabetically arranged entries exploring the origin, ...
- Nihon rekishi chimei taikei
Online version of Nihon rekishi chimei taikei, published by Heibonsha.
- Nineteenth Century Masterfile (Poole's Plus)
Online version of W.F. Poole's "Index to Periodical Literature" (1802-1906) supplemented with W. T. Stead's "Index to ...
- North China Herald Online
Digitized English-language Shanghai newspaper, 1850-1940.
- Online Egyptological Bibliography (OEB)
OEB includes the volumes of the previous Annual Egyptological Bibliography (AEB) combined with the Bibliographie Altägypten (BA), ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Economic History
International in scope and spanning all time periods of human history, The Oxford Encyclopedia of Economic History includes 900 ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Maritime History
Covers the entire history of seafaring, from ancient Egyptian shipbuilders to the nuclear submarines and supertankers of today. Over ...
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Women in World History
Comprehensively covered the role women have played throughout world history. Includes over 650 biographies of influential women and ...
- Parker Library on the Web (Medieval Manuscripts)
Web-based workspace for working with Parker Medieval Manuscript Library (Cambridge)
- Perseus Digital Library
Online digital library of images, texts, and reference works about the ancient Greek and Roman world.
- Phyllis Lyon, Del Martin and the Daughters of Bilitis
Provides extensive information on the founding and growth of the homophile movement of the 1950s-80s
- Picture Post Historical Archive
The complete archive of the Picture Post from its first issue in 1938 to its last in 1957 - all digitized from originals in full ...
- Project MUSE
Full-text access to scholarly journals and e-books published by more than 120 scholarly societies and university presses.
- Public Ledger (Philadelphia), 1836-1876
Searchable online edition of the Public Ledger from Philadelphia (1836-1876)
- Readers Guide Retrospective
Indexes older articles from 240 periodicals published in the U.S. & Canada, 1890-1982.
- Scotsman, 1817-1950
Digitized version of the Scotsman (Great Britain) newspaper, 1817-1950
- Sixties: Primary Documents and Personal Narratives 1960–1974
Documents the 1960s through primary source materials such as diaries, letters, oral histories, and memorabilia.
- Soldier in Later Medieval England
Database of soldiers in English royal armies between 1369 and 1453. Transcribed from the muster rolls and other sources, the database ...
- Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum Online
Collects newly published Greek inscriptions and publications on previously known documents. Greek texts with critical aparatus.
- Times Digital Archive
Online backfile of The Times newspaper of London, England, covering 1785 to 2006.
- Translated Texts for Historians E-Library
English translations of key historical sources from the time of late antiquity and the early middle ages.
- Twentieth Century Advice Literature
Brings together instructional, prescriptive, behavioral and etiquette literature that defined standards of conduct
- Ut per litteras apostolicas
Online version of Registres et lettres des Papes du XIIIe siècle and the Registres et lettres des Papes du XIVe siècle.
- Virtuelle Deutsche Landesbibliographie
Combined catalog of the online local history bibliographies of the 16 states (Länder) of Germany. Searches can be made in the ...
- Wellesley Index to Victorian Periodicals, 1824-1900
Wellesley is an index to the authorship of articles, and a bibliography of articles written by each contributor, and using each ...
- World History in Video
Contains over 1000 documentary films and newsreels of significant events in world history.
- World Newsreels Online, 1929-1966
Newsreels of significant historical events in streaming format.
Over 62 million records describing books, periodicals, sound recordings, videos, musical scores, archival materials, maps, electronic ...