Current Page Path
MLibrary Browse results for Historical News Sources in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 7 of 7
- America's Historical Newspapers
America's Historical Newspapers provides searchable digital facsimiles of thousands of titles from all 50 states. The collection ...
- Gale NewsVault
Provides cross-searching of ten different historical newspaper and periodical archive collections.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
Complete full-text backfiles of thirteen U.S. and seven international newspapers.
- Black Historical Newspapers
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfiles of six major African American community newspapers--Atlanta Daily World ...
- Google News Archive
Searches content from a number of sources, including both partner content digitized by Google through their News Archive Partner ...
- Readers Guide Retrospective
Indexes older articles from 240 periodicals published in the U.S. & Canada, 1890-1982.
- World Newspaper Archive
Provides full text searchable access to historical newspapers published in Africa, East Europe, Latin American and South Asia.
1 - 68 of 68
- 17th-18th Century Burney Collection Newspapers
The present digital collection, that helps chart the development of the concept of 'news' and 'newspapers' and the "free ...
- 19th Century British Library Newspapers
Collection contains full runs of 48 newspapers specially selected by the British Library to best represent nineteenth century Britain. ...
- 19th Century U.S. Newspapers
Contains digital facsimile images of both full pages and clipped articles for hundreds of 19th century U.S. newspapers. For each issue, ...
A database of mainly English-language historical newspapers with scattered coverage from 1607-present.
- Accessible Archives
Provides full text, searchable access to important American magazines and newspapers from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
Access to images from over 7,000 advertisements printed in US and Canadian papers and magazines from 1911-1955. Produced by the Duke ...
- African American Newspapers
Includes searchable full text of a number of African-American newspapers published from 1827 to 1902.
- African American Periodicals, 1825-1995
Over 170 periodicals from 26 states by and about African Americans.
- Alternative Press Index Archive
Comprehensive guide to alternative sources of information published from 1969-1990. Indexes alternative, radical and left periodicals, ...
- American Jewess
A digital reproduction of the 8 volumes of "The American Jewess".
- American Periodicals (APS)
Searchable, full text of selected American periodicals of all kinds published between 1740 and 1900.
- Los Angeles Sentinel (1934-2005)
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Los Angeles Sentinel (1934-2005).
- Los Angeles Times, 1881-1988
Searchable access to the backfile of the Los Angeles Times in full page images digitized from microfilm.
- AP Images
Online access to over 500,000 photos with detailed captions from the AP news wire. Includes all photos from US and abroad added in the ...
- Archive of Americana
Combined access to six databases containing full text of historical American books, newspapers & periodicals.
- Atlanta Constitution 1868-1945
Digital, searchable version of the Atlanta Constitution 1868-1945
- Atlanta Daily World (1931-2003)
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Atlanta Daily World (1931-2003).
- Baltimore African-American, 1893-1988
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile from 1893-1988. Includes original page images digitized from microfilm.
- British Newspapers 1600-1950
Cross searches 17th-18th Century Burney Collection, 19th Century British Library Newspapers, and British Newspapers III (1785-1920).
- Chicago Defender, 1909-1975
Searchable access to the backfile of The Chicago Defender, a leading African-American newspaper, available in full page images ...
- Chicago Tribune, 1849-1988
Searchable access to the backfile of the Chicago Tribune, in full page images digitized from microfilm.
- Chinese Periodical Full-text Database (1911-1949)
- Chronicling America
Digitized historic American newspapers published from 1836-1922.
- Compact Memory - dem Wissenschaftsportal für Jüdische Studien
Compact Memory - dem Wissenschaftsportal für Jüdische Studien. Bibliothek, mit über 100 jüdischen Periodika im deutschsprachigen Raum
- Confederate Newspapers: A Collection from Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia and Alabama
Collection of Confederate Newspapers published from 1861 to 1865.
- Daily Mail Historical Archive (1896-2004)
Complete Daily Mail archive from 1896-2004.
- Detroit Free Press Index
Searchable index of most articles published in the Detroit Free Press from 1831-1922 and from 1999-present. Provides citation and first ...
- Detroit Free Press, 1831-1922
Digitized version of the Detroit Free Press 1831-1922
- Early American Newspapers (America's Historical Newspapers)
America's Historical Newspapers allows users to search more than 1,000 U.S. historical newspapers published between 1690 and 1922, ...
- Economist Historical Archive 1843-2006
A complete searchable archive of every issue of The Economist from 1843 to four years ago, with full-color images, multiple search ...
- Entertainment Industry Magazine Archive
Complete runs of digitized major trade and consumer magazines, from their inception to 2000, including Variety, Billboard, and others.
- Ethnic NewsWatch
A full text database of 200 publications of the ethnic, minority and native press. Searchable in both English and Spanish, with titles ...
- FBIS: Foreign Broadcast Information Service Daily Reports
Provides CIA translations of newswires and broadcast services from around the world in full-text from 1941-1996.
- Guardian and Observer, 1791-2003
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfiles of The Guardian, 1821-2003 (published in Manchester, England) and The Observer, ...
- Hemeroteca Digital
Consists of 143 titles which comprise 500.000 pages representing a wide variety of Spanish press of all types: political, satirical, ...
- Hispanic American Newspapers
Hispanic American Newspapers, 1808-1980 represents the single largest compilation of Spanish-language newspapers printed in the U.S. ...
- Historical Index to The New York Times (DLPS)
Brief citations to articles that appeared in The New York Times. Searchable by keyword in the title and/or in article main heading.
- Illustrated London News
A full facsimile run of the illustrated newspaper, 1842-2003. Includes over 260,000 pages, including specials and presentation pieces.
- Irish Times, 1859-2008
Digitized versions of The Irish Times (1859-2008) and the Weekly Irish Times (1876-1958).
- Issues & Controversies in American History
Biographies, timelines, background articles, photographs, and maps augment the curriculum-based coverage of historical events. ...
- Japanese-American Relocation Camp Newspapers: Perspectives on Day-to-Day Life
Digital archive of articles published by interned Japanese-Americans between 1942 and 1945.
- Jerusalem Post, 1932-1988
Digitized version of the Jerusalem Post, 1932-1988.
- Liberty Magazine Historical Archive, 1924-1950
Digital edition of Liberty Magazine, 1924-1950
Digital version of The Lily, the first newspaper for women, published from 1849 to 1856.
- The Listener Historical Archive, 1929-1991
A weekly publication, established by the BBC in 1929 as the medium for reproducing radio (and later, television) programmes in print.
- The March of Time
Docudramas and newsreel-like films of news events from the mid-20th century.
- Matter of Fact
A database of statistical statements on current social, economic, political, environmental and health issues.
- New York Amsterdam News (1922-1993)
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of New York Amsterdam News (1922-1993).
- New York Times, 1851-2008
Searchable access to the backfile of the New York Times (Late Eastern Edition), in full page images digitized from microfilm.
- North China Herald Online
Digitized English-language Shanghai newspaper, 1850-1940.
- The Official Index to the Times (1906-1980) (DLPS version)
Brief citations to articles that appeared in The Times (London) (1906-1980).
- Palmer's Index to The Times (1790-1905) (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Brief citations to articles that appeared in The Times (London) (1790-1905).
- Palmer's Index to The Times (1790-1905) (DLPS version)
Brief citations to articles that appeared in The Times (London) (1790-1905).
- Picture Post Historical Archive
The complete archive of the Picture Post from its first issue in 1938 to its last in 1957 - all digitized from originals in full ...
- Pittsburgh Courier (1911-2002)
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Pittsburgh Courier (1911-2002).
- Pittsburgh Jewish Newspaper Project
The Pittsburgh Jewish Newspaper Project is composed of The Jewish Criterion (1895-1962), The American Jewish Outlook (1934-1962), and ...
- Pravda Digital Archive
Searchable access to the backfile of Pravda, available in full page images digitized from microfilm.
- ProQuest Chinese Newspapers Collection (1832-1953)
12 titles of English-language newspapers published in China
- Public Ledger (Philadelphia), 1836-1876
Searchable online edition of the Public Ledger from Philadelphia (1836-1876)
- Scotsman, 1817-1950
Digitized version of the Scotsman (Great Britain) newspaper, 1817-1950
- Shen bao quan wen shu ju ku
- Times Digital Archive
Online backfile of The Times newspaper of London, England, covering 1785 to 2006.
- Times of India, 1838-2002
Full-text searchable access. Part of the Historical Newspapers product. The world’s most widely circulated English daily newspaper was f ...
- Vanderbilt University Television News Archive
The collection includes nightly news programs broadcast by the national television networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC) since August 5, 1968, ...
- Vogue Archive
Online access to Vogue magazine (US edition) from 1892 to three months ago, in high-resolution color page images.
- Wall Street Journal, 1889-1994
Searchable access to the backfile of the Wall Street Journal, in full page images digitized from microfilm.
- Washington Post, 1877-1994
Searchable access to the complete backfile of the Washington Post, available in full page images digitized from microfilm. (For access ...
- World Newsreels Online, 1929-1966
Newsreels of significant historical events in streaming format.