Current Page Path
Browse results for: Germanic Studies in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 9 of 9
- Historical Abstracts with Full Text (EBSCO)
Historical Abstracts covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world ...
- Index Islamicus (Ebsco)
Indexes materials on Islam, the Middle East, and the entire Muslim world from periodicals, monographs, and other collections in ...
- IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature)
IBZ is a multilingual bibliography that indexes over 8,700 periodicals primarily in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
- PAIS International: Public Affairs Information Service
Contains references to nearly 2 million journal articles and other resources on public affairs and public policy worldwide.
- Library PressDisplay
Access to issues from the last 60 days of over 300 newspapers from around the world. The newspapers include the same content and are in ...
- Economist Intelligence Unit
Online access to EIU publications and reports including China Hand, Country Briefings, Country Commerce, Country Finance, Country ...
Over 62 million records describing books, periodicals, sound recordings, videos, musical scores, archival materials, maps, electronic ...
- ProQuest Research Library
Indexes over 5,000 journals and magazines, academic and popular, with full text included for over 3,600.
- Sociological Abstracts
Provides access to the international literature in sociology and related disciplines. Covers 1800+ journals, back to 1952.
1 - 28 of 28
- Bildbestand der Deutschen Kolonialgesellschaft in der Universitätsbibliothek Frankfurt am Main
50,000 digitized slides, photographs, and book illustrations from the archive mostly documenting late 19th and early 20th-century Africa.
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
Provides searchable online access to the 16th (2010) and 15th (2003) editions of the standard style manual, as well as a downloadable ...
- Compact Memory - dem Wissenschaftsportal für Jüdische Studien
Compact Memory - dem Wissenschaftsportal für Jüdische Studien. Bibliothek, mit über 100 jüdischen Periodika im deutschsprachigen Raum
- Deutsche National Bibliothek: Kataloge
Homepage of the German National Library 'Catalogs and Collections' page. Provides links to the following databases and catalogs: ...
- DigiZeitschriften: das deutsche digitale Zeitschriftenarchiv
Scores of searchable, full-text German scholarly journals, 19th century to present, covering arts, humanities, sciences & social sciences.
- EIU Country Indicators
Economic, demographic, consumption and industry data on 60 major markets worldwide. Includes historic and forecast data on over 250 ...
- Encyclopedia of Western Colonialism since 1450
Provides students and researchers with a much-needed, comprehensive resource on the subject of colonialism and expansion. From a global ...
- Essay and General Literature Index
Indexes articles in books (anthologies and essay collections) in the humanities and social sciences published in the US, UK & Canada.
- European Literature, 1790-1840: The Corvey Collection
Digital archive of rare British Romantic-era writing contained in the Corvey Collection.
This database offers company and industry financial data and news stories, as well as full text articles in 6,000 trade publications, ...
- Gender Research Database (GReTA)
Women’s and gender studies scholarship, with bibliographic citations taken primarily from German sources and focusing on Germany.
- Humanities and Social Sciences Index (with Abstracts and Full Text)
Covers 1,500+ periodicals across all humanities and social sciences fields, 1907 - present.
- Iter: Gateway to the Middle Ages and Renaissance
Includes index to citations from more than 1,600 scholarly journals in all areas of Medieval and Renaissance studies (400-1700). Also ...
- Jahresberichte für deutsche Geschichte: Kumulierte Bibliographie
Cumulative index, 1974-present, of the journal 'Jahresberichte für deutsche Geschichte,' an important journal for the study of the ...
Provides full-text access to the archives of core scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- Kantonale und regionale schweizerische Bibliografien
Web page at the Schweizerische Nationalbibliothek (National Library of Switzerland) which provides links to regional and state (Kanton) ...
- LexisNexis Academic
Provides full-text access to a wide range of news, business, legal, and reference information, including hundreds of U.S. and foreign ...
- Literaturdokumentation zur Geschichte Ostmitteleuropas
Indexes over 1,500 periodicals and other materials on the subject of Central and Eastern European history.
- MLA International Bibliography
Indexes books and articles published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and film.
- Monumenta Germaniae Historica (Brepols version)
Primary sources which document the history of the Germanic regions of medieval Europe, ca. 500-1500.
- Monumenta Germaniae Historica (free version)
Searchable full-text edition of a wide-ranging, standard collection of primary sources which document the history of the Germanic ...
- Nineteenth Century Collections Online
Digital primary source collections of the long nineteenth century.
- Oxford Duden German Dictionary
A German-English/English-German dictionary with comprehensive coverage of the general vocabulary of contemporary German and English.
- Project MUSE
Full-text access to scholarly journals & e-books published by over 120 scholarly societies & university presses.
- Reference Guide to Holocaust Literature
Provides biographical and critical essays on 223 writers connected to or concerned with the Holocaust, as well as separate essays on ...
- Shoah Foundation's Visual History Archive (full access)
The Visual History Archive contains 52,000 digitized video interviews with holocaust survivors. Interviewees are primarily Jewish ...
- Virtuelle Deutsche Landesbibliographie
Combined catalog of the online local history bibliographies of the 16 states (Länder) of Germany. Searches can be made in the ...
- Yizkor (Holocaust Memorial) Books
Yizkor (memorial) books are an invaluable source of information to researchers as they are often the only resource for vital ...