Current Page Path
Browse results for: Germanic Studies in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 9 of 9
- Historical Abstracts with Full Text (EBSCO)
Historical Abstracts covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world ...
- Index Islamicus (Ebsco)
Indexes materials on Islam, the Middle East, and the entire Muslim world from periodicals, monographs, and other collections in ...
- IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature)
IBZ is a multilingual bibliography that indexes over 8,700 periodicals primarily in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
- PAIS International: Public Affairs Information Service
Contains references to nearly 2 million journal articles and other resources on public affairs and public policy worldwide.
- Library PressDisplay
Access to issues from the last 60 days of over 300 newspapers from around the world. The newspapers include the same content and are in ...
- Economist Intelligence Unit
Online access to EIU publications and reports including China Hand, Country Briefings, Country Commerce, Country Finance, Country ...
Combined catalog of 360+ million items of all kinds (books, periodicals, videos, maps, etc.) in 25,000+ libraries worldwide.
- ProQuest Research Library
Indexes over 5,000 journals and magazines, academic and popular, with full text included for over 3,600.
- Sociological Abstracts
Provides access to the international literature in sociology and related disciplines. Covers 1800+ journals, back to 1952.
1 - 31 of 31
- Bildbestand der Deutschen Kolonialgesellschaft in der Universitätsbibliothek Frankfurt am Main
50,000 digitized slides, photographs, and book illustrations from the archive mostly documenting late 19th and early 20th-century Africa.
- Die Bischöfe des Heiligen Römischen Reiches und der deutschsprachigen Länder
Online version of the biographical dictionary of bishops of the Holy Roman Empire
- BREPOLiS Databases Portal
Listing of Brepols online databases, bibliographies, dictionaries, indexes, encyclopedias and full-text resources
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
Provides searchable online access to the 16th (2010) and 15th (2003) editions of the standard style manual, as well as a downloadable ...
- Compact Memory - dem Wissenschaftsportal für Jüdische Studien
Compact Memory - dem Wissenschaftsportal für Jüdische Studien. Bibliothek, mit über 100 jüdischen Periodika im deutschsprachigen Raum
- Deutsche National Bibliothek: Kataloge
Catalogs of the German National Library, including National Bibliography and special collections.
- DigiZeitschriften: das deutsche digitale Zeitschriftenarchiv
Scores of searchable, full-text German scholarly journals, 19th century to present, covering arts, humanities, sciences & social sciences.
- Economist Intelligence Unit Country Reports 1952 – 1995
Country level data from the EIU from 1952-1995 for nearly 200 countries
- EIU Country Indicators
Economic, demographic, consumption and industry data on 60 major markets worldwide. Includes historic and forecast data on over 250 ...
- Encyclopedia of Western Colonialism since 1450
Provides students and researchers with a much-needed, comprehensive resource on the subject of colonialism and expansion. From a global ...
- Essay and General Literature Index
Indexes articles in books (anthologies and essay collections) in the humanities and social sciences published in the US, UK & Canada.
- European Literature, 1790-1840: The Corvey Collection
Digital archive of rare British Romantic-era writing contained in the Corvey Collection.
- Gender Research Database (GReTA)
Women’s and gender studies scholarship, with bibliographic citations taken primarily from German sources and focusing on Germany.
- Humanities and Social Sciences Index (with Abstracts and Full Text)
Covers 1,500+ periodicals across all humanities and social sciences fields, 1907 - present.
- International Medieval Bibliography (IMB)
Index to articles, chapters, Festschriften, conference proceedings, and essays on all aspects of medieval studies
- Iter: Gateway to the Middle Ages and Renaissance
Includes index to citations from more than 1,600 scholarly journals in all areas of Medieval and Renaissance studies (400-1700). Also ...
- Jahresberichte für deutsche Geschichte: Kumulierte Bibliographie
Cumulative index, 1974-present, of the journal 'Jahresberichte für deutsche Geschichte,' an important journal for the study of the ...
Provides full-text access to the archives of core scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- Kantonale und regionale schweizerische Bibliografien
Web page at the Schweizerische Nationalbibliothek (National Library of Switzerland) which provides links to regional and state (Kanton) ...
- LexisNexis Academic
Provides full-text access to a wide range of news, business, legal, and reference information, including hundreds of U.S. and foreign ...
- Literaturdokumentation zur Geschichte Ostmitteleuropas
Indexes over 1,500 periodicals and other materials on the subject of Central and Eastern European history.
- MLA International Bibliography
Indexes books and articles published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and film.
- Monumenta Germaniae Historica (Brepols version)
Primary sources which document the history of the Germanic regions of medieval Europe, ca. 500-1500.
- Monumenta Germaniae Historica (free version)
Searchable full-text edition of a wide-ranging, standard collection of primary sources which document the history of the Germanic ...
- Nineteenth Century Collections Online
Digital primary source collections of the long nineteenth century.
- Oxford Duden German Dictionary
A German-English/English-German dictionary with comprehensive coverage of the general vocabulary of contemporary German and English.
- Project MUSE
Full-text access to scholarly journals & e-books published by over 120 scholarly societies & university presses.
- Reference Guide to Holocaust Literature
Provides biographical and critical essays on 223 writers connected to or concerned with the Holocaust, as well as separate essays on ...
- Shoah Foundation's Visual History Archive (full access)
The Visual History Archive contains 52,000 digitized video interviews with holocaust survivors. Interviewees are primarily Jewish ...
- Virtuelle Deutsche Landesbibliographie
Combined catalog of the online local history bibliographies of the 16 states (Länder) of Germany. Searches can be made in the ...
- Yizkor (Holocaust Memorial) Books
Yizkor (memorial) books are an invaluable source of information to researchers as they are often the only resource for vital ...