MLibrary Browse results for English Language and Literature in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 4 of 4
- MLA International Bibliography
Indexes books and articles published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and film.
Provides full-text access to the archives of core scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- Early English Books Online (EEBO)
When complete EEBO will contain page images of 125,000 volumes in all subject areas published in Great Britain or in the English ...
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online - Text Creation Partnership (ECCO-TCP)
The ECCO collection consists of the works represented in the English Short Title Catalogue between 1701 and 1800.
1 - 99 of 99
- African American Poetry (Chadwyck-Healey version)
African American Poetry contains nearly 3,000 poems by African American poets of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- African Writers Series
The African Writers Series offers access to key works from the highly acclaimed Heinemann's African Writers Series. This series ...
- American Drama 1714-1915
Containing more than 1,500 dramatic works from the colonial period to the beginning of the twentieth century, American Drama 1714–1915 i ...
- American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language
Free online version at Yahoo! Education, with over 200,000 entries featuring 10,000 new words and senses, 70,000 audio word ...
- American Poetry (Chadwyck-Healey version)
American Poetry contains over 40,000 poems by more than 200 poets, covering the Colonial period to the early twentieth century, and ...
- American Poetry Database (DLPS version)
Full-text access to the works of the most influential American poets, from the Colonial period to the early 20th century.
- American Verse Project
Full-text electronic archive of selected volumes of American poetry prior to 1920.
- American Women Writers: A Critical Reference Guide from Colonial Times to the Present
Contains biographical and critical essays on 1,328 American women writers covering all genres and all periods of American history. ...
A guide to historical records, personal papers, and family histories held in archives around the world. Contains nearly a million ...
- BBC Shakespeare Plays
Streaming video of all the plays of Shakespeare. Originally broadcast on BBC2 between 1978 and 1985.
- Bible in English
This database contains twenty-one different versions of the English Bible.
- Bible: King James Version
Original electronic text for this version of the Bible was provided by the Oxford Text Archive.
- Bible: New Testament (Rheims)
This version of the Rheims version of the Bible was prepared by Jeffery Triggs of the OED's North American Reading Program.
- Bible: Revised Standard Version
An online version of the Revised Standard Bible.
- Bibliography of English Women Writers, 1500-1640
A comprehensive record of scholarship on 738 known women writers and their texts,
- Black Drama
Contains full text of 1,200 English plays ca. 1850-present by more than 100 playwrights from North America, Africa, and the Caribbean.
- Black Drama: Second Edition
Contains 1,460 full text English plays ca. 1850-present by more than 250 playwrights from North America, Africa, and the Caribbean.
- Black Short Fiction and Folklore from Africa and the African Diaspora
Approximately 8,000 works of short fiction produced by writers from Africa and the African Diaspora from the earliest times to the present.
- Book of Mormon
The electronic text of the Book of Mormon was provided by Project Gutenberg and subsequently marked up at the HTI in SGML.
- Brut Chronicle
The medieval prose Brut is a chronicle of England named after its first hero, Brutus, a descendent of Aeneas and the founder of Britain.
- Canadian Poetry
Canadian Poetry has been created and published in collaboration with the Electronic Text Centre at the University of New Brunswick ...
- Chadwyck-Healey Literature Collections
Portal to the following full-text American and English literature databases: * AFRICAN AMERICAN POETRY * AMERICAN POETRY * AMERICAN ...
- Children's Literature Review
Provides searchable, online access to volumes from Children's Literature Review reproducing excerpts from critical reviews.
- Complete Works and Letters of Jane Austen
Full text of Jane Austen's works and letters published by Oxford University Press.
- Complete Works of Ralph Waldo Emerson
A digital edition of the Complete Works of Ralph Waldo Emerson, Centenary Edition, edited and with notes by Edward Waldo Emerson.
- Contemporary Authors
A full-text bio-bibliographical guide to over 100,000 current and recently prominent writers in all media--fiction, poetry, drama, ...
- Contemporary Novelists
Concise discussions of the lives and principal works of contemporary novelists, written by subject experts.
- Corpus of Middle English Prose and Verse
A collection of Middle English texts including Chaucer's Canterbury Tales & Troilus and Criseyde, and Langland's Piers Plowman.
- Database of African American Poetry (DLPS version)
This database contains the full-text of 54 African-American poets writing in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- Database of Twentieth Century African American Poetry (DLPS version)
Modern and contemporary African American poetry includes collected poems and individual volumes.
- Database of Twentieth Century American Poetry (DLPS version)
Contains selected modern and contemporary American poetry from the early twentieth century to the present.
- Dictionary of Irish Biography
The Dictionary of Irish Biography, a collaborative project between Cambridge University Press and the Royal Irish Academy, is the most ...
- Dictionary of Literary Biography
Contains full text essays outlining the lives and careers of American and British authors from all eras and genres and summarizing the ...
- Dictionary of Old English
Dictionary of the Old English language.
- Dictionary of Old English Corpus
Online database consisting of at least one copy of every surviving Old English text.
- Dustbooks eDirectories
Online searchable indexes to and directories of authors, editors, titles, and publishers in poetry and small press publishing.
- Early American Fiction 1789-1850
Chadwyck-Healey has partnered with the University of Virginia Library, who in 1996 received a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon ...
- Early American Imprints, Series I: Evans, 1639-1800 & Series I: Supplement
Page images and searchable full-text of Early American Imprints, Series I Evans & Series I Supplement.
- Early American Imprints, Series II: Shaw-Shoemaker, 1801-1819 & Series II: Supplement
Provides full-text access to American books, pamphlets and broadsides published in the first nineteen years of the nineteenth century, ...
- Early English Books Online - Text Creation Partnership (EEBO-TCP)
The Early English Books Online corpus consists of the works represented in the English Short Title Catalog I and II.
- Early English Prose Fiction (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Early English Prose Fiction is a balanced and representative survey of fictional prose in English from the period 1500–1700, comp ...
- Early English Prose Fiction (DLPS version)
The Early English Prose Fiction collection contains over 200 works of prose fiction dating from 1500-1700. It includes Elizabethan ...
- Editions and Adaptations of Shakespeare (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Contains eleven major editions from the First Folio of 1623 to the Cambridge edition of 1863–66.
- Editions and Adaptations of Shakespeare (DLPS version)
Contains eleven major editions, from the First Folio of 1623 to the Cambridge edition of 1863-6.
- Eighteenth-Century Fiction (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Eighteenth-Century Fiction brings together 96 complete works of English prose from the period 1700–1780 by writers from the British I ...
- English Drama (Chadwyck-Healey version)
English Drama contains more than 3,900 plays in verse and prose from the late thirteenth century to the early twentieth.
- English Poetry Database
This database comprises the works of almost 1,350 poets from 600-1900. Certain categories of material have been excluded from the ...
- English Poetry, Second Edition
English Poetry, Second Edition redefines the English poetic canon for the 21st century, building on the achievement of the original ...
- English Prose Drama Database (DLPS version)
English Prose Drama contains more than 1,600 plays written by more than 350 different authors from the Renaissance to the end of the ...
- English Short Title Catalogue (British Library)
The 'English Short Title Catalogue' (ESTC) is a comprehensive, international union catalogue listing early books, serials, newspapers ...
- English Verse Drama Database (DLPS version)
English Verse Drama contains more than 2,000 works by around 450 named authors and approximately 230 anonymous works, from the ...
- Essay and General Literature Index
Indexes articles in books (anthologies and essay collections) in the humanities and social sciences published in the US, UK & Canada.
- European Literature, 1790-1840: The Corvey Collection
Digital archive of rare British Romantic-era writing contained in the Corvey Collection.
- Evans Early American Imprint Collection - Text Creation Partnership (Evans-TCP)
The Evans collection consists of the works represented in the American Bibliography by Charles Evans.
- Faber Poetry Library (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Contains the works of 50 poets comprising 140 volumes of poetry. The authors are all part of the Faber Poetry list and the database ...
- Faber Poetry Library (DLPS version)
Contains the full-text of more than four thousand poems by over 40 British, Irish, and post-colonial poets of the twentieth century, ...
- First World War Poetry Digital Archive
The First World War Poetry Digital Archive is an online repository of over 4000 items of text, images, audio, and video for teaching, ...
- Gale Literary Databases
Simultaneous search of three resources: Contemporary Authors, Contemporary Literary Criticism Select, and Dictionary of Literary Biography
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
Provides online access to the complete full text of over 100 reference works from Gale, Macmillan, and other publishers. Includes: ...
- Hengwrt Chaucer Digital Facsimile
Digital Facsimile of the Hengwrt Chaucer (edited by Estelle Stubbs)
- Literary Research Guide: An Annotated Listing of Reference Sources in English Literary Studies (5th Edition)
An electronic edition of James Harner's guide to reference sources in English literary studies.
- Literature Criticism Online
Provides searchable, online access to volumes from ten different series reproducing excerpts from critical reviews of all kinds and ...
- Literature Resource Center: Reference Works
Provides access to biographies, bibliographies, and critical analyses of authors from every age and literary discipline. Combines ...
- London Review of Books
Online access to all articles in all issues of the literary magazine with the largest circulation in Europe. Publishes intellectual ...
- Michigan Corpus of Academic Spoken English
The Michigan Corpus of Academic Spoken English (MICASE) is a collection of nearly 1.8 million words of transcribed speech from UM.
- Michigan Early Modern English Materials
The Materials consist of citations collected for the modal verbs and certain other English words for the Early Modern English Dictionary.
- Middle English Compendium
Offers easy access to three major Middle English electronic resources: an electronic version of the Middle English Dictionary, a ...
- Middle English Dictionary
This electronic version of the MED preserves the details of the print MED, but goes beyond this, by converting its contents into a database.
- Milton: A Bibliography (1624-1799)
Bibliography of the English writer John Milton which includes manuscripts, editions, criticism, allusions, quotations, and imitations.
- Modern American Literature
Contains excerpts by noted critics on 489 of the most significant American authors of the twentieth century. Each author entry gathers ...
- Nineteenth Century Collections Online
Digital primary source collections of the long nineteenth century.
- Nineteenth-Century Fiction (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Nineteenth-Century Fiction collects 250 British and Irish novels from the period 1782 to 1903, stretching from the golden age of Gothic ...
- North American Theatre Online
A major initiative to provide detailed reference information for theatrical figures, plays, theatres, and more.
- Oxford English Dictionary (Second Edition)
Previous (1989) edition of the most complete and authoritative dictionary of the English language. (Superceded by new third edition.)
- Oxford English Dictionary (Third Edition)
Current web version of the most complete and authoritative dictionary of the English language, with historical quotations.
- Oxford Reference Online
Fully indexed, cross-searchable database of about 100 dictionary, language reference, and subject reference works published by Oxford ...
- Parker Library on the Web (Medieval Manuscripts)
Web-based workspace for working with Parker Medieval Manuscript Library (Cambridge)
- Past Masters [InteLex]
Full-text multi-lingual editions in the fields of philosophy, history of science, literature, politics, and more.
- Periodicals Index Online
An index to over 14 million articles in more than 4,250 humanities and social science journals, from their first issues through 1995. ...
- Play Index
Covers more than 31,000 plays published individually or in collections from 1949 to the present, written in or translated into English.
- Poetry Here and Then
A sampling of the papers of Michigan poets from various collections housed at the Bentley Historical Library.
- Radical Scatters
Radical Scatters is a collection containing Emily Dickinson's late fragments and related texts.
- Riverside Shakespeare
The full text of the complete works of Shakespeare as presented in the standard scholarly edition edited by G. Blakemore Evans.
- Scottish Women Poets
Includes full text of some 60 volumes of poetry from approximately 50 poets from 1789 to 1832.
- Scribner’s Writers Online Series
Scribner’s Writers Series has biographical and critical essays on authors from around the world.
- Short Story Index
An index to more than 250,000 short stories written in or translated into English, including full text for 5,000 of them.
Online version of Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus (3rd ed.).
- Times Literary Supplement Historical Archive, 1902-2006
Full digital version of the Times Literary Supplement, 1902-2005.Offers comprehensive coverage of the latest and most important ...
- Twayne’s Author Series
The Twayne’s Author Series ebooks provide in-depth critical introductions to the lives and works of the major writers of the world.
- Twentieth-Century African American Poetry (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Twentieth-Century African American Poetry is a collection of poetry written by the most important and influential African American poets.
- Twentieth-Century American Poetry (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Twentieth-Century American Poetry is a collection of poetry which allows readers a survey of modern and contemporary American poetry.
- W. B. Yeats Collection (Chadwyck-Healey version)
The W.B. Yeats Collection contains the major work of W.B. Yeats in all genres, including poetry, plays, criticism and fiction.
- W. B. Yeats Collection (DLPS version)
Contains the major works of William Butler Yeats (1865-1939) in all genres, including poetry, plays, criticism, and fiction.
- Wellesley Index to Victorian Periodicals, 1824-1900
Wellesley is an index to the authorship of articles, and a bibliography of articles written by each contributor, and using each ...
- Wing Short Title Catalog
- Women Writers Online
Contains over 230 texts by pre-Victorian women that can be browsed, searched and analysed. Additionally, Renaissance Women Online ...
- World Shakespeare Bibliography
This release of The World Shakespeare Bibliography Online provides annotated entries for all important books, articles, book reviews, ...
- Wright American Fiction, 1851-1875
Full-text electronic archive based on the bibliography compiled by Lyle Wright. Consists of 2,887 novels and other works of fiction by ...
- Writers Directory 2005
This comprehensive resource features up-to-date bibliographical, biographical, and contact information for thousands of living authors ...